Happy Pride Month! Patt Robertson is dead!

José Soplanucas
Message added by rvwnsd,

Folks,

As a result of political commentary and personal attacks being posted, despite three moderator's warnings and having rules against posting such content, the moderators have decided to lock this thread.

Let's do a better job of keeping the political commentary and personal attacks out of The Company of Men. 

Thank you

1 hour ago, BOZO T CLOWN said:

Agree 1000%.

Despicable comments celebrating the death of someone with beliefs different than their own.
The hypocrisy of using such vile and odious comments towards someone they criticize for being ornery does not go unnoticed by fair minded people. 

haters gonna hate....

BoZo

Funny how many of those "fair minded people" allowed him to cloak his hate in religious beliefs for so many years. The families he broke apart, the lives he destroyed...

I guess our definition of "fair" may differ quite a bit. 

200w-1.gif.dc264cdb2eb600a206d2f3a79b816300.gif

7 minutes ago, KeepItReal said:

Funny how many of those "fair minded people" allowed him to cloak his hate in religious beliefs for so many years. The families he broke apart, the lives he destroyed...

I guess our definition of "fair" may differ quite a bit. 

200w-1.gif.dc264cdb2eb600a206d2f3a79b816300.gif

"allowed him"....  Unlike you, Bozo doesn't seek to shut down speech with which he disagrees.
As for "families he broke apart" and "lives he destroyed"...   lol. There is no need to give any credibility to hyperbolic lies and melodramatic blather.

BoZo

1 minute ago, BOZO T CLOWN said:

"allowed him"....  Unlike you, Bozo doesn't seek to shut down speech with which he disagrees.
As for "families he broke apart" and "lives he destroyed"...   lol. There is no need to give any credibility to hyperbolic lies and melodramatic blather.

BoZo

I don't want to shut it down...I just want to call it what it is. Bbaaaaddd! 

200w-2.gif.f28014d93d1d736fb91ebe7c602b3590.gif

4 hours ago, augustus said:

Apparently so many members can't take the high road...

He was as evil as they come. One of the most evil people of all time. If he gets buried, I can't wait to dance on his grave.

Poldark' Season 4 Finale Recap: Kiss Off | KQED

andi zeisler on Twitter: "If Pat Robertson didn't want his enemies dancing  on his grave he could simply have chosen not to die during Pride Month  https://t.co/yy21AJbQ0w" / Twitter

Edited by Unicorn

4 hours ago, augustus said:

Judging by all the triggering, Robertson has won.  

He sure won big $$$ by spewing hate speech which surely resulted in many deaths, beatings, and abandoned children. One will never be able to calculate the number of lives he destroyed with his BS. I hate to have to agree with you, but yes, he did live a life of wealth at the expense of others. He was a greater terrorist than the Unabomber. Unfortunately, I don't believe in an afterlife, so it's sad, but yes, he got away with it. Not much comfort, but at least those two are finally dead. 

3 hours ago, Unicorn said:

He sure won big $$$ by spewing hate speech which surely resulted in many deaths, beatings, and abandoned children. One will never be able to calculate the number of lives he destroyed with his BS. I hate to have to agree with you, but yes, he did live a life of wealth at the expense of others. He was a greater terrorist than the Unabomber. Unfortunately, I don't believe in an afterlife, so it's sad, but yes, he got away with it. Not much comfort, but at least those two are finally dead. 

"spewing hate speech which surely resulted in many deaths, beatings, and abandoned children."

Care to cite a few examples from an unbiased source? Bozo won't hold his breath.
Perhaps you have him confused with another Minister, Al Sharpton. Yes, MSNBC's own resident charlatan and racist, who led a wild mob in Crown Heights, Brooklyn, chanting "Kill the Jews". They found one. Yankel Rosenbaum, an innocent bystander - a visiting Australian Talmudic student - sadly in the wrong place at the wrong time, murdered in cold blood by an Al Sharpton-led mob. 
I will take one Pat Robertson over 100 Al Sharptons, Jesse Jacksons, Louis Farrakhans, and other vile, racist clergymen.

"calculate the number of lives he destroyed with his BS"

Why not do your homework and try to calculate the number of lives he destroyed based on actual examples from unbiased sources rather than spewing out banal platitudes.

BoZo

6 hours ago, Unicorn said:

For a self-proclaimed man of science, you make some very bold assumptions.  Can you prove any of your claims?  Or are you just indulging in victim chic?

16 hours ago, augustus said:

Apparently so many members can't take the high road.  Say all these hateful things and still claim to be oppressed? Rubbish. 

Professional victims are celebrating the death of their "oppressor" Pat Robertson to validate their own delusions of victimhood.  For far too many Americans, victimhood is social currency.  Social status and prestige are not measured by money, looks, or education, but rather by one's degree of victimhood.  So professional victims bend over backward to pretend they were in some way oppressed by Pat Robertson to show off their victimhood bona fides.  It's the Cult of Victimhood's version of keeping up with the Joneses.

Edited by BSR
Typo

6 minutes ago, Xavitv said:

Now on Pat Roberstons side? Yikes. I couldn’t think that posse could go any lower.

finally understand why the politics forum was removed. 

I can't say I was a fan of Pat Robertson nor a critic because I know almost nothing about the guy.  I was simply criticizing all the nouveaux Jussie Smolletts who carry on as if they were victimized by the man.

1 hour ago, Xavitv said:

Now on Pat Roberstons side? Yikes. I couldn’t think that posse could go any lower.

finally understand why the politics forum was removed. 

One of the main reasons I wanted the Politics Forum open was for everyone to know the troglodytes living with us. I was wrong, we do not need it. I am glad a few masks are falling.

Let's keep celebrating.

ima-twirl-on-your-dead-body-trixie-matte

I did not know much about Pat Robertson.  But it seems clear that he was ignorant or willfully blind to the progressive nature of understanding sexuality and gender expression/identity.  Like all people with a degree of celebrity, there is the potential to use that power for building people up or tearing them down.  Yes, his views were extremely troubling, and without drifting into politics and religion, I would argue they bore little resemblance to the faith he purported to represent.  Nobody will ever know the extent of the harm his words and actions have had - the same as for others who enjoy the pedestal of fame.  What is even more disturbing to me is that millions of people kept him in a position where he could express ignorant and dangerous views about those whose identity he disagreed with.  He was just one man, but his reach was far because many people sadly still agree with his archaic opinions.  That is much more chilling than Pat Robertson himself.