SPA, outcall or apartment studio. Which one you prefer?

Rand

Hey beautiful gentlemen. 

So I see that many of you are frequent at SPA’s and I’m wondering if there’s a reason behind it. I get the lower rates but after tipping it might end up close to the apartment studio or outcall rates. 
What are the reasons why you prefer or do one over the other? Does it depends on masseur, rates or circumstances? If you cannot host nor does the masseur, SPA is the only option. But is there anything else behind that?

I have never been to SPA simply because I prefer private and intimate setting of an apartment studio or my own space if the masseur cannot host. Something about people lurking around in the SPA makes me tense. I did visit the SPA studio on 14 street when masseur was renting room there and it was fine but the rules and this whole thing about being quiet just rubs me against the grain a little bit. 

Share your thoughts on this please. 

1 hour ago, Rand said:

Hey beautiful gentlemen. 

So I see that many of you are frequent at SPA’s and I’m wondering if there’s a reason behind it. I get the lower rates but after tipping it might end up close to the apartment studio or outcall rates. 
What are the reasons why you prefer or do one over the other? Does it depends on masseur, rates or circumstances? If you cannot host nor does the masseur, SPA is the only option. But is there anything else behind that?

I have never been to SPA simply because I prefer private and intimate setting of an apartment studio or my own space if the masseur cannot host. Something about people lurking around in the SPA makes me tense. I did visit the SPA studio on 14 street when masseur was renting room there and it was fine but the rules and this whole thing about being quiet just rubs me against the grain a little bit. 

Share your thoughts on this please. 

When I visit a spa it's because I want a table shower or body scrub in addition to a massage.  Table showers are amazing.

There are very few good spas in NYC where you can get a pro massage and a happy ending.

In Thailand I you can rent a beautiful spa room, pick out a handsome masseur who is trained to provide a great massage and then lets you fuck his brains out, followed by a shared hot bath and a scrub.

None of this ( as far as I know ) is happening in NYC or most anywhere in the US. So I'd rather meet up at someone's private apartment. ( Although I've never been offered a bath, I have been joined for a scrub in the shower )

1 hour ago, pubic_assistance said:

There are very few good spas in NYC where you can get a pro massage and a happy ending.

Could you recommend a few?

I have never been to a gay spa for the purpose of a massage. I have been to gay saunas in Europe, but only for cruising.  

When it comes to massages, I prefer incall. 

A day spa, or hotel/resort spa is an entirely different experience from engaging a particular provider for service at his location or yours. 

Yes, there are people at a spa. 😳
And yes, the prevailing atmosphere is hushed conversation, no phones, with no cruising *ymmv, nor sex. The massage itself will be in a closed room, perhaps a curtained booth, and draping is standard, as is a fully dressed masseur. In the wet areas some patrons walk around nude, but such nice robes and towels and shower shoes are provided, most of us make use. 

For many of us it’s a fair trade off in exchange for more technically reliable bodyworkers, and steam/sauna/jacuzzi and shower all right there, as well as other skin-improvement services. Day spas vary widely as to these wet-area amenities. The low-rate spas offer less wet area space - perhaps just a sauna and shower. 

The spa experience is not for everyone. And definitely not for a client intent on a happy ending. 
I bet a lot of us use both spa services and hire private providers, depending on what we need when time and money coincide.

Being quiet for an hour or two seems to be a widespread problem. 

7 hours ago, pubic_assistance said:

In Thailand I you can rent a beautiful spa room, pick out a handsome masseur who is trained to provide a great massage and then lets you fuck his brains out, followed by a shared hot bath and a scrub.

None of this ( as far as I know ) is happening in NYC or most anywhere in the US. So I'd rather meet up at someone's private apartment. ( Although I've never been offered a bath, I have been joined for a scrub in the shower )

5 hours ago, jeezifonly said:

A day spa, or hotel/resort spa is an entirely different experience from engaging a particular provider for service at his location or yours. 

And yes, the prevailing atmosphere is hushed conversation, no phones, with no cruising *ymmv, nor sex. The massage itself will be in a closed room, perhaps a curtained booth, and draping is standard, as is a fully dressed masseur. In the wet areas some patrons walk around nude, but such nice robes and towels and shower shoes are provided, most of us make use. 

For many of us it’s a fair trade off in exchange for more technically reliable bodyworkers, and steam/sauna/jacuzzi and shower all right there, as well as other skin-improvement services. Day spas vary widely as to these wet-area amenities. The low-rate spas offer less wet area space - perhaps just a sauna and shower. 

The spa experience is not for everyone. And definitely not for a client intent on a happy ending. 
I bet a lot of us use both spa services and hire private providers, depending on what we need when time and money coincide.

Resort SPA and Day SPA are very specific categories. They have all those amenities and treatment rooms, whereas SPA in NYC usually a bunch of little massage rooms. Some of them have beauticians but it’s certainly not a common practice. So my question still stands: Why would one want to go to a “SPA” when one can get to the masseur’s place or do outcall?

11 minutes ago, Rand said:

Resort SPA and Day SPA are very specific categories. They have all those amenities and treatment rooms, whereas SPA in NYC usually a bunch of little massage rooms. Some of them have beauticians but it’s certainly not a common practice. So my question still stands: Why would one want to go to a “SPA” when one can get to the masseur’s place or do outcall?

So title of this thread is about one particular business in NY called SPA? 
Nevermind.

20 hours ago, jeezifonly said:

Agree - different experiences entirely.  If I want a professional, therapeutic massage, I go to a spa.  Otherwise, I hire somebody from Rentmasseur.  Even with a guy from Rentmasseur, I'm not looking for frankly erotic, but I like a well-built guy with little to no clothing and no draping.