Sometimes you’re stupid

Archangel

3 hours ago, Archangel said:

A few days ago I had a horrible experience with a new guy. Lesson learned. Stick to the trusted regulars, even if it means less frequent hiring. I prefer a more secure, lower risk investment than a potential big payout on a risky venture! 

Sometimes you feel like a nut, sometimes you don't.

On 5/22/2023 at 8:29 PM, Archangel said:

A few days ago I had a horrible experience with a new guy. Lesson learned. Stick to the trusted regulars, even if it means less frequent hiring. I prefer a more secure, lower risk investment than a potential big payout on a risky venture! 

If you were to tell the new guy how he disappointed you, an experienced client, what he did or didn’t do, what would the main issues be? (Just chemistry, or actual choices he made? Which would include offering a safe environment if hosting…)

When I’ve ventured into trying a new provider, I’ve not had the kind of experience that would inspire same reaction as you to this new dude. Maybe I need to expect more..?

On 5/24/2023 at 7:22 PM, dbar123 said:

Sometimes, though, it’s good to add new blood into the mix. Sometimes my regulars come up short too.

I agree. And it’s nice when you take a chance on someone new and hit the jackpot. It’s nice to be able to rave about them later. 

On 5/24/2023 at 8:22 PM, dbar123 said:

Sometimes, though, it’s good to add new blood into the mix. Sometimes my regulars come up short too.

Maybe it's time to get new regular or move on from those who occasionally don't deliver. 

On 5/22/2023 at 11:29 PM, Archangel said:

We trust your opinion but considering you're using such a word to describe your encounter can you elaborate? 

On 5/26/2023 at 10:44 PM, marylander1940 said:

We trust your opinion but considering you're using such a word to describe your encounter can you elaborate? 

You mean horrible?

Constant phone checking and general lack of interest. It was an overnight. I don’t expect his undivided attention for 8 hrs, but I’m not paying him to play with his phone and talk about himself. 

• 3 months later...

Sorry for such a tough experience.   I do like how you put it in "investment terms".    I guess it is up to the clients as to whether a "risky investment"  is the order or a lower cost,  stable approach.     I do agree,  we all are stupid occasionally!