Does anyone else still wear boxers?

Guest Matt Smith

Guest Matt Smith

Having been born in the mid-80s, I started life in the typical white briefs my mother bought me. But as I was beginning to awaken sexually, I started noticing more and more guys wearing boxers instead of briefs. I was already verbally bullied a lot as a kid, and as I realized I was getting close to high school when I would have to take PE (which I wasn't looking forward to because I sucked at sports) I didn't want to be teased for my underwear choice in the locker room. So, I switched to boxers not long before high school.

The first couple of weeks, my penis flopping around forced me to quickly learn how to hide boners, but I eventually got used to it. In the locker room (an experience I looked forward to but my dread of bullying for being a "f*g" quickly taught me how to mentally take pictures as I "casually" glanced around the room), I noticed most of the guys were in boxers, and that seemed to be the norm. One senior with an athletic body wore briefs, and that shocked me because I thought briefs were "little boy" undies, but then no one seemed to say anything to him about them. At the time, him being in "little boy" undies actually turned me off because I'd developed such a disgust with briefs as I was trying to shed that part of my life. One guy in a weight lifting class that sometimes shared the locker room with us showed up in these underwear that were long like boxers but tight and white like briefs. And DAMN he was HOT. I only got to see him in them twice, but the image is still burned in my brain 23 years later. I came to find out, what he wore were boxerbriefs, but at the time, I'd never heard of them or seen them. Around the time of my senior year in high school, my aunt gave me a pair of superman underwear as a gag gift for Christmas, and I quickly noticed they were boxer briefs. I was still in the closet at the time, so I hid my excitement and went along with the "joke" but really looked forward to seeing how I looked in them. They were shorter than the guy's in the locker room, and eventually I learned the shorter version is sometimes called trunks.

All that said, I tried briefs again around 20 and quickly realized I didn't like how tightly they held my package. They also made my thighs look fat. I also live in the South where the humidity is worse than the heat and realized I can't handle how sweaty my crotch gets in the warmer weather and need the boxers for air flow.

Meanwhile, everyone these days seems to be going back to briefs and deriding boxers as some awful things that perform no function and don't look sexy.

But, I'm over hear enjoying the cooling nature of boxers in the heat (and I allow myself boxer briefs when it's not so hot) and I think I look way better in boxers and boxer briefs than I do in briefs.

Is anyone else out there with me, or am I relic from a bygone age?

Guest Matt Smith
44 minutes ago, pubic_assistance said:

Most young guys wear their pants so tight that boxers wouldn't fit.

I suppose that's true. Hadn't thought of that.

I guess boxer briefs are still the most popular today.....the support of briefs with the modesty and tradition of boxers!!......I sorta remember when they became popular about 20 or 30 years ago??.....

I tried boxers for two or three miserable days in my 20s.....way too much material that became bunched up when I put pants on and then I had to tuck/push all that material back down my pants and legs......

here in the warm southwest, I usually go commando.....don't like tight underwear and don't like boxers.....cool, comfortable, easy....... 

For a while, I liked those racy, low-cut boxers with streamers and side vents.  I also had a few pairs of silk boxers that I loved.  For the last few years, I have been wearing sport trunks or going commando.   I sampled a pair of Bombas trunks - a disappointment because they were more like boxer briefs.

1 hour ago, TorontoDrew said:

I used to wear boxer briefs for the way they looked.  My doctor recommended moving to briefs as I got older (for obvious reasons to those of us who are getting older).

when you're a kid they make it sound like your balls dropping is a one-time event.

gravity's a bitch. 

Edited by tassojunior

I've worn briefs nearly my whole life.  As boxers and boxer briefs come in and out of style, I've tried them.  The fabric of everything but briefs always seems to get bunched up around the intersection of my thighs and my hips.  I've only had luck with briefs or compression shorts staying where they're supposed to.  

23 hours ago, Matt Smith said:

... In the [high school] locker room ... as I "casually" glanced around the room, I noticed most of the guys were in boxers ...

For the life of me, I can't remember what underwear boys in my high school locker room wore. It could be because I'm older than the OP and I was in that locker room in the 1970s, the decade before @Matt Smith was born. But, on the other hand, I clearly remember specific cocks, and nice butts and that a guy walking by in a jockstrap (depending on the guy) could catch my attention.

I know I was wearing white briefs at that time. If I was going to guess, I think that's what most of those boys wore. Somewhere along the line I switched to boxer briefs.