Are deposit requests becoming a regular thing?

chelseanyc

8 hours ago, Lazarus said:

Simple. Some people set up fake profiles using really hot pictures that they know will get a lot of requests for an appointment. They ask for a small deposit never to be heard again. 

You guys remind me so much of Statler and Warldoff from the muppets, but even more bitter. 

Can I ask you - What do you think of the providers that you have met?  Do you like them? do you resent them? Are you jealous that you have to pay in order to be intimate with guys that look like that? Does the whole interaction make you feel inadequate? Is there resentment here? I'm sensing a lot of that.  This is not a dig - but a very curious question.

If you ask yourself these things and don't come away with a positive response, it could be that engaging with sex workers is not for you. I walk away from my experiences with a high, thinking about it for days. I wish that for you and for everybody. Otherwise, I wouldn't engage in it.  From the comments and posts you make here, I would seriously consider maybe not engaging in this if it brings you so much trauma.  They can probably smell the resentment on you like a bad cologne and this is affecting your time as well. 

They put their face, very intimate photos of themselves on their personal info, and their homes when they host up for our perusal - What info do you give them BEFORE you go to meet them (if in fact you actually do meet them)?

As I have, and others, have said before - use your brain - you would only do this with providers that have reviews both here and on RM. consistent and recent reviews. Only do this for rentmen that have been on the site for some length of time.

also - you do realize you can contest a payment on paypal/venmo/cashapp if the booking is not promised right?

On 3/7/2023 at 3:41 PM, LATraver1263 said:

https://rent.men/DiegoMenendez

got scammed by this guy in San Antonio Saturday, he facetimed & asked for 115 Deposit, i sent him the hotel address & all of a sudden tried to play the whole “me no speak good english” act & never showed… kept claiming he was in the hotel lobby when HE NEVER WAS

I am sorry this happened to you. I would advise you not to send money to people you meet online in these situations where the person has a brand new only months-old profile, and ZERO reviews - both here and on RM. Commonsense would have told you to not do that.

It's good you have posted your experience here and on another thread to warn people of this particular profile. It would be worthwhile to send info of this experience to RM website too.   

9 minutes ago, NYXboy said:

You guys remind me so much of Statler and Warldoff from the muppets, but even more bitter. 

Can I ask you - What do you think of the providers that you have met?  Do you like them? do you resent them? Are you jealous that you have to pay in order to be intimate with guys that look like that? Does the whole interaction make you feel inadequate? Is there resentment here? I'm sensing a lot of that.  This is not a dig - but a very curious question.

If you ask yourself these things and don't come away with a positive response, it could be that engaging with sex workers is not for you. I walk away from my experiences with a high, thinking about it for days. I wish that for you and for everybody. Otherwise, I wouldn't engage in it.  From the comments and posts you make here, I would seriously consider maybe not engaging in this if it brings you so much trauma.  They can probably smell the resentment on you like a bad cologne and this is affecting your time as well. 

They put their face, very intimate photos of themselves on their personal info, and their homes when they host up for our perusal - What info do you give them BEFORE you go to meet them (if in fact you actually do meet them)?

As I have, and others, have said before - use your brain - you would only do this with providers that have reviews both here and on RM. consistent and recent reviews. Only do this for rentmen that have been on the site for some length of time.

also - you do realize you can contest a payment on paypal/venmo/cashapp if the booking is not promised right?

I’m just grateful I don’t have to deal with people like you. 

5 minutes ago, Lazarus said:

I’m just grateful I don’t have to deal with people like you. 

Your response leads me to indicate I have hit a raw nerve. I found a cool profile pic for you to use.  

Seriously though - don't meet these people if it leaves you feeling bad. Your posts on these forums are literally ALL negative and almost hateful.  I struggled to find a post where you talked about ONE pleasant interaction. 

Take up Canasta or Bridge instead.  

Screen Shot 2023-03-10 at 12.38.09 PM.png

Edited by NYXboy

1 minute ago, NYXboy said:

Your response leads me to indicate I have hit a raw nerve. I found a cool profile pic for you to use.  

Seriously though - don't meet these people if it leaves you feeling bad. Take up Canasta or Bridge instead.  

Screen Shot 2023-03-10 at 12.38.09 PM.png

No you didn’t hit a raw nerve. It’s just that nothing you say makes any sense. You sound like a really stupid person.  None of these people make me feel bad. I just don’t like scammers & you seem to support them. 

3 minutes ago, Lazarus said:

No you didn’t hit a raw nerve. It’s just that nothing you say makes any sense. You sound like a really stupid person.  None of these people make me feel bad. I just don’t like scammers & you seem to support them. 

The fact you choose to ignore my questions shows I am right - every single comment on every single thread here by you is negative, cruel, unkind and it seems you have an obsession with trying to 'out' providers as ingenuine.  

You are a sad person. Try and look for positive things and you will find them - look for disappointment and you will find it on any corner. Misery loves company which is why you keep trying to spread it. Life is what you make it and judging by your activity here, you're choosing a sad miserable time.  Be well! 

28 minutes ago, NYXboy said:

Seriously though - don't meet these people if it leaves you feeling bad.

Agree 💯.

There are several threads on this website explaining never to pay up front, even while in the same room.  Always pay at the end of the session.

I ignored this advice a few times in my life, at my expense.  About three times different providers asked for money at the start of the session instead of waiting until the end.  I agreed to pay instead of just walking out and it was always a subpar experience.  I let my little head take over the thinking from my big head.

Nowadays if a provider asks for money when he or I walk through the door, I end it right there.  It has only happened to me once   Never pay up front.

McDonald's asks you to pay up front.  A classy steakhouse waits for you to enjoy your meal.

Edited by Vegas_nw1982

13 minutes ago, NYXboy said:

The fact you choose to ignore my questions shows I am right - every single comment on every single thread here by you is negative, cruel, unkind and it seems you have an obsession with trying to 'out' providers as ingenuine.  

You are a sad person. Try and look for positive things and you will find them - look for disappointment and you will find it on any corner. Misery loves company which is why you keep trying to spread it. Life is what you make it and judging by your activity here, you're choosing a sad miserable time.  Be well! 

I don’t know what questions you expect me to answer & frankly I don’t owe you any explanations. You seem to resent the fact that I CONSTANTLY expose scammers & frauds on Rentmen. Which leads to believe that one of these scammers is you. Maybe you should spread more time spreading positivity,  less time watching Judge Judy. & stop trying to figure out different ways for scam people out of their money. 

Just now, Lazarus said:

I don’t know what questions you expect me to answer & frankly I don’t owe you any explanations. You seem to resent the fact that I CONSTANTLY expose scammers & frauds on Rentmen. Which leads to believe that one of these scammers is you. Maybe you should spread more time spreading positivity,  less time watching Judge Judy. & stop trying to figure out different ways for scam people out of their money. 

HAHAHAHAHHA. of course you think I am a scammer - you think EVERYBODY is.

Suspect whatever you like - my comments speak for themselves - as do yours.

I have definitely left kind and nice reviews of some of the boys I have met, and some reviews of more average experiences.  Yours are ALL Negative Nancy, NONE of these guys you have actually met.

get help and do something positive with your time.  I'm done. 

Screen Shot 2020-03-29 at 12.24.02 AM.png

Moderator's Note

Gentlemen, this thread is about whether deposits are becoming more common and why that might be so. This is not the place for comments on why or why not other members may choose, or choose not to pay them (fine for you to cite your own reasons). Stop the gratuitous character assessments and other judgmental comments on your fellow posters.