Another Hollywood sex symbol is gone - Raquel Welch 1940-2023

CuriousByNature

As in the case of so many 60's stars who had a film to promote, Ms. Welch made an appearance as a Mystery Guest on the panel show What's My Line.

This appearance was broadcast on April 30, 1967.

Some of you many recognize panelist George Grizzard, who was a young and upcoming Broadway star at the time. He later went on to play the role of Blanche Devereaux's husband on The Golden Girls.

BoZo

I saw Raquel Welch in her role on Broadway in Woman of the Year in the early 1980s. She had recently taken over from Lauren Bacall, whose legs had given out in the demanding dancing that the role required.

I normally didn't go to Broadway plays but wanted to see the sexy Raquel hoisted on the shoulders of the male dancer in the cast, a former ballet dancer with whom I had had a brief fling. 

She got to dance with him but I got to go to bed with him. And he was a great top.😛

58 minutes ago, Luv2play said:

I saw Raquel Welch in her role on Broadway in Woman of the Year in the early 1980s. She had recently taken over from Lauren Bacall, whose legs had given out in the demanding dancing that the role required.

I normally didn't go to Broadway plays but wanted to see the sexy Raquel hoisted on the shoulders of the male dancer in the cast, a former ballet dancer with whom I had had a brief fling. 

She got to dance with him but I got to go to bed with him. And he was a great top.😛

My heart is a little broken tonight as I discovered on further reading of Raquel Welch's role in Woman of the Year that her dancing partner, who was my Michael O'Gorman, had third billing after her on the playbill.

I further read Michael had died in NY in March of 1995. I never knew until tonight. He was a magnificent man, tall, shining black hair, blue eyes and the physique of a ballet dancer. Incredibly strong legs.

He appeared in three Broadway productions over nine years.He had earlier danced in ballet in Canada and England. 

Tonight I am mourning his passing along with Raquel's.

10 minutes ago, pubic_assistance said:

Everyone is so elegant.

I always love watching these clips and seeing how charming Hollywood used to be.

Exactly.
...when men were gentlemen and women were ladies.
Notice how the 2 men stood up to greet Ms. Welch.
The entire panel and John Daly all dressed in formal attire.

And they all spoke English eloquently.
Those days of showing elegance and class are long gone. We'll never see them again, except on tape.

BoZo

9 hours ago, Luv2play said:

My heart is a little broken tonight as I discovered on further reading of Raquel Welch's role in Woman of the Year that her dancing partner, who was my Michael O'Gorman, had third billing after her on the playbill.

I further read Michael had died in NY in March of 1995. I never knew until tonight. He was a magnificent man, tall, shining black hair, blue eyes and the physique of a ballet dancer. Incredibly strong legs.

He appeared in three Broadway productions over nine years.He had earlier danced in ballet in Canada and England. 

Tonight I am mourning his passing along with Raquel's.

Black hair with blue eyes is such a stunning combination!  Be happy with the memories of your sexy times with him.  May he RIP.

9 hours ago, Redwine56 said:

Black hair with blue eyes is such a stunning combination!  Be happy with the memories of your sexy times with him.  May he RIP.

Although he was born in England and raised in Canada, his name was Irish. So I assume hus genes were Irish.