Dangerous Situation - What to do?

Markhouston84

I recently visited Raleigh, NC. I was looking for a masseur around 11am, so I knew the options would be minimal. I messaged this guy against my better judgement. https://rentmasseur.com/Relaxingsensual

I requested a face pic, and he would not send one. I should have backed out right then, but I didn't. He agreed to a one hour massage for $120 instead of the listed rate of $160.

I had to meet him downstairs because my hotel elevator requires a room key. He walked in the front door of the hotel, and he was at least 100lbs heavier than in the photos - most likely not him in the photos at all. I freaked out, but I didn't know how to get out of the situation.

I had the worst massage of my life, and it ended after 30 minutes. As he was getting ready to leave, I asked what his rate is for 30 mins. He got irate immediately. He said he didn't like my attitude. I explained that the agreed upon rate was for a 1 hour massage. He said, "Then get back on the bed and let's finish this." It sounded very threatening, and I was not able to put myself in a vulnerable position with him again. Then he looked at my iPad and said, "I'll break your fucking computer." That's when I got scared. I'm a tall person, but he outweighed by well over 100lbs.

I ended up paying him and he left. Once I knew he was out of the building I text him to let him know I would be reporting the incident to Rent Masseur. He said he never threatened me, but he also ended up refunding $70 of the $120. I never agreed to not report him in exchange for a partial refund.

By the time I got on the Rent Masseur site, he had blocked my account. I emailed Rent Masseur and they said they would flag his account and ban him if anyone else reported a similar experience.

Is there anything else I can do? The fraudulent pictures are bad enough, but the unstable and threatening behavior is very concerning.

Had you trusted your instincts, etc. etc. 

Also, when he walked into the hotel and you knew he'd misrepresented himself; I would have asked him to take a walk with me, outside of the hotel, and then explain the problem.  Don't wait for a response, turn and walk back into the safety of the hotel.

You're fortunate you were in a hotel and not meeting him in your residence, and the hotel had the precaution of not letting visitors up to your room without you accompanying them. That said, you should have taken advantage of those precautions -  I, too, would've left him in the lobby and let him know his appearance wasn't what he lead you to believe in his ads, and there was no attraction. Simple as that - and politely walk away. At least, that is what I would have done. 

4 hours ago, Pensant said:

His ad is still up. When you saw that he was a fraud you should have left him in the lobby and called security if he bothered you further. Thankfully, it seems that things worked out well at the end.

Exactly. You could have pretended not know who he was. You should have ghosted him right then and there. 

13 minutes ago, Skip said:

I might have given him $50 for showing up, but I would have left him in the lobby.

Agreed. I've had similar situations where people were totally unappealing in real life.

I hand them half and just excuse myself as not being able to keep the appointment, and walk away.

Nobody wants to admit they're fat and unappealing, especially guys who used to be hot.

Guest SWFL44

His reviewer from just  today said the provider is also offering Diet Tips...

John is very handsome and welcoming, very nice body who knew exactly how to massage me right to make the whole experience amazing! Great pressure and not a clock watcher. Photos are accurate, he also helped me with diet tips because I am trying to lose weight as well, so that was very helpful. Definitely recommend.

Weird that there is now a positive review as of today: 

John is very handsome and welcoming, very nice body who knew exactly how to massage me right to make the whole experience amazing! Great pressure and not a clock watcher. Photos are accurate, he also helped me with diet tips because I am trying to lose weight as well, so that was very helpful. Definitely recommend.

Probably wrote it himself tbh. 

2 hours ago, pubic_assistance said:

I hand them half and just excuse myself as not being able to keep the appointment, and walk away.

Yup. No reason to throw good money after bad.

If I hire a bad provider, I automatically write it off as a loss and try to minimize the damage (and the time we have to spend together).

3 hours ago, BonVivant said:

Exactly. You could have pretended not know who he was. You should have ghosted him right then and there. 

When I read the op's thread, your thought immediately entered into my mind.  And since the way up was via a card-- what would he had done to you while in the lobby?

5 minutes ago, Axiom2001 said:

When I read the op's thread, your thought immediately entered into my mind.  And since the way up was via a card-- what would he had done to you while in the lobby?

Another reason not to share your pic with someone you have never met!!