Monkey Pox and Lap Dances

3 hours ago, Cock Eyed Optimist said:

Please don't treat this question as a joke as some members have done in regards to massages in another Forum.

Seriously, I realize that tipping a dancer on a stage poses almost no risk, but what about a lap dance?  I would like to hear your opinions about that.

Thanks in advance.

I've seen charts on Instragram from providers I follow that indicate "sexual or intimate contact" is in the highest risk category for monkey pox transmission.  If the lap dance is done correctly, I would think it qualifies as intimate contact.  

Not sure if this is related to the mpox outbreak but during my last 2 visits to Spunk, 4 separate dancers were very strict about not allowing intimate contact with their bits.  It could be just that they were new or straightish but in the past the dancers were pretty cool back there.  I suppose sticking bills while they are on the pole is harmless fun.

On 7/27/2022 at 8:06 PM, sam.fitzpatrick said:

If the lap dance is done correctly, I would think it qualifies as intimate contact.  

Yep. That's why I opted not to attend the LA Adonis Nude Party this past weekend.

I have wanted to check out the LA party for years. I specifically arranged the dates of this trip so that I might partake. I had even paid the admission fee...

But when it came down to it, I couldn't justify the risk.

Going to a strip club and getting lap dances right now does not seem like a sensible thing to do.  Especially if one is not vaccinated against Monkey Pox.  I'm going to wait a few months until I am fully vaccinated and the authorities hopefully have things more under control on the spread of MP.  

I had my first monkey pox vaccination this week. I am told in 30 days I am to get another one,,after the second dose is done it takes 2 more weeks to be fully in your system. 

I have a wonderful gay doctor who said ..please wait the six weeks for this to work before you engage in anything sexual

doctors orders...sadly I think we all have to be super smart about this 

I

I have read that unlike an airborne virus like Covid, monkey pox can be spread only by someone who is symptomatic, I.e., has a rash or a visible blister like skin condition. Skin to skin and towels/linen to skin are also methods of spreading monkey pox.

Can anyone confirm this? Add to accurate information? Or is monkeypox just too new to evaluate methods of transmission?

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/5/2022 at 11:05 AM, hwic04 said:

I have read that unlike an airborne virus like Covid, monkey pox can be spread only by someone who is symptomatic, I.e., has a rash or a visible blister like skin condition. Skin to skin and towels/linen to skin are also methods of spreading monkey pox.

Can anyone confirm this? Add to accurate information? Or is monkeypox just too new to evaluate methods of transmission?

You're asking the right question - I cannot find strong data on asymptomatic transmission, which is worrisome.