Air Fryer

glutes

On 3/26/2023 at 12:24 PM, Jaroslav said:

I’ve used a friend’s air fryer when over at his place making dinner. I loved it. It’s my next kitchen gadget.

If you don't have an isntant pot you might want to look at a Foodi.   Costco has them on sale a lot and it's nice having one appliance that does both functions.   I also use the Saute function a lot.

Been very happy with this Kitchen Aid appliance. It can cook dinner for four, the air fryer function works well and I have even baked bread in it often, as the bread comes out with a great crust, similar to how it comes out when baked in a Le Creuset pot. 

KitchenAid 1 Cu. Ft. Dual Convection Countertop Toaster Oven with Air Fry Black Matte KCO224BM - Best Buy 

• 2 months later...

When I tried to get a refund on my recalled Corsori air fryer, I submitted the model number and the requested BN number. They said the BN number was invalid, so I don't don't if that meant it wasn't one of the recalled, even though the model number was.

I have continued to use it since then without a problem until the other night. Two minutes after starting it, the circuit breaker popped and the fryer died. I reset it and finished cooking, but now I wonder what to do.

1 hour ago, Lucky said:

When I tried to get a refund on my recalled Corsori air fryer, I submitted the model number and the requested BN number. They said the BN number was invalid, so I don't don't if that meant it wasn't one of the recalled, even though the model number was.

I have continued to use it since then without a problem until the other night. Two minutes after starting it, the circuit breaker popped and the fryer died. I reset it and finished cooking, but now I wonder what to do.

I’d buy a new one! Popping breakers isn’t good news. Too bad the manufacturer can’t verify your recall.

It got worse! I called the company number and spent  a half hour with a woman named Ebony. She asked repeatedly for the same information. She never seemed to understand what I was calling about. Anyway, after a half-hour, the line went dead. She did not call back.

I think Cosori is trying to make it very difficult to get a replacement air fryer.

29 minutes ago, Lucky said:

It got worse! I called the company number and spent  a half hour with a woman named Ebony. She asked repeatedly for the same information. She never seemed to understand what I was calling about. Anyway, after a half-hour, the line went dead. She did not call back.

I think Cosori is trying to make it very difficult to get a replacement air fryer.

You may need to take a firm hand with them. Call them back on the customer service number and tell the first person 1) you called before, 2) they hung up on you and 3) your next call is to the state attorney general’s office because they are failing to satisfy the recall. That should bump you up to someone who can help pretty quick.

I try to be really nice to customer service folks - its a tough job and I have been in those shoes - but if they jerk me around….the gloves come off! 

IMG_1536.gif.fe187f8ade40a60db61265297882852b.gif

On 3/28/2023 at 12:45 PM, Jaroslav said:

I am an instant pot prophet! I absolutely love my instant pot! 

Instant Pot users may have future service troubles:

abc_news_default_2000x2000_update_16x9_9
ABCNEWS.GO.COM

The maker of Pyrex glassware and Instant Pot has filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection as the company...

22 hours ago, FrankR said:

You may need to take a firm hand with them. Call them back on the customer service number and tell the first person 1) you called before, 2) they hung up on you and 3) your next call is to the state attorney general’s office because they are failing to satisfy the recall. That should bump you up to someone who can help pretty quick.

I try to be really nice to customer service folks - its a tough job and I have been in those shoes - but if they jerk me around….the gloves come off! 

IMG_1536.gif.fe187f8ade40a60db61265297882852b.gif

I called back and got the job done with a friendly and comparatively short phone call. This morning I received an email that my replacement fryer is on the way!

On 6/14/2023 at 5:19 AM, Lucky said:

I called back and got the job done with a friendly and comparatively short phone call. This morning I received an email that my replacement fryer is on the way!

...and three days later, it arrived, all brand new. They had said it could take weeks to arrive. With the desert heat, I love being able to keep my oven turned off.