$350 is the new $300?

Milo Janus

I just now used the forum search function at upper right and entered the single word "rates".....here are the 400 pages that resulted going back to pre-September 11......

https://www.companyofmen.org/search/?q=rates&quick=1

really, this rates hand-wringing thing isn't some new and strange phenomenon..........really

Edited by azdr0710

On 6/18/2022 at 8:16 PM, dcman said:

All the providers I have talked with/been with lately have charged $300Hr $500for 2 hours.  This has been the rate for really top of the line tops.  I try to book 2 hours when I can to benefit both of us.  Try to make whatever deal you can a win/win.

This is a good tactic. Once, a guy quoted me 350 an hour, I offered 500 for 2 hours, and he accepted (good time too). Offering more money, even if more time is involved,  is a great motivator.

On 6/18/2022 at 5:39 PM, Milo Janus said:

I've contacted a few providers on RM and they now quote $350!!  STOP IT!

Stop what ?

Inflation ?

Speak to your members of Congres who never seem to have a problem with the Fed printing more money every time there's a crisis. ( Thus creating a NEW crisis for the middle class who struggle to keep up with the decreased dollar value )

1 hour ago, pubic_assistance said:

Stop what ?

Inflation ?

Speak to your members of Congres who never seem to have a problem with the Fed printing more money every time there's a crisis. ( Thus creating a NEW crisis for the middle class who struggle to keep up with the decreased dollar value )

Let’s hope that they will start the money printers soon because if they don’t, it will be very bad for most people in the near future, especially when savings are depleted at the end of this year and inflation continues to rise. It’s better to kick the can down the road for a bit longer. 

Kevin doesn't want me to mention politics...so let me just say this:

Events have lead to inflation .

Inflation means prices change.

$350 today is the same as $300 in 2019

Decreased value of the US dollar means you need more of them to be paid the same as you were two years ago.

Same way your $300 is the same as your $200 fee back in the early 2000's

Inflation sucks.