Road Rage

Lucky

• 1 month later...
On 6/8/2022 at 8:20 AM, Epigonos said:

California is one of only two U.S. states that permits motorcyclists to lane split (drive on the line between two lanes). It is extremely dangerous, especially on freeways. 

On 6/8/2022 at 12:40 PM, Unicorn said:

The cyclists are only supposed to drive no more than 10 mph faster than the cars are traveling, but they usually ignore that part of the rule. If they really only drove 10 mph faster, it wouldn't be so dangerous, but when driving as they usually do, it's quite dangerous

On 6/8/2022 at 2:16 PM, Jarrod_Uncut said:

Motorcyclist are the worst. Many of them blow past at speeds in excess of 80-90 mph, squeeze thru traffic lanes and yet then we should “watch for motorcycles”.

On 6/8/2022 at 9:08 PM, BSR said:

I dont know if lane-splitting is legal in neighboring Nevada or if the police just let it go, but lane-splitters are rampant here in Las Vegas.  It makes my heart skip a beat or several whenever a motorcyclist flies past me between lanes.  I really wish it were illegal everywhere.

Motorcyclist killed when he tried to ride between two SUVs in the Bronx

A man was killed in the Bronx Tuesday afternoon when he tried to ride his motorcycle between two SUVs.

Two other riders who tried to make the maneuver with him at Morrison Avenue and Harrod Place around 2:30 p.m. were injured, police said. Their conditions weren’t immediately known. 

“They tried to get in between two SUVs,” a police spokesman said.

The deceased man’s sneaker was left on the motorcycle.bronx-motorcyle-crash-071.jpg?quality=75

We're living in a sick world...

An Oregon father of two was gunned down in a suspected road-rage incident last week after he accidentally splashed windshield wiper fluid on a passing BMW, according to his partner.

Dennis Anderson, 45, and Brandy Goldsbury, 46, were traveling from the beach in Lincoln City on the Oregon coast back to their home in Tigard around 8:30 p.m. July 13 when they spotted a black BMW 3 Series trying to pass them, according to reporting in The Oregonian.

Goldsbury told the paper that her partner sprayed wiper fluid on the windshield of their car, and that some of the liquid may have landed on the BMW.

“I was just like, ‘Ignore him, he’s just having a bad day,'” she recalled telling Anderson of the other motorist.

The BMW sped away, but a few miles later, at a rest area near Otis, Goldsbury said, she and her partner spotted the same car parked on the side of the road.

Anderson drove by the BMW, which then started following him, according to Goldsbury, driving close to the rear of their car as if trying to hit it.

After several apparent attempts to drive Anderson off the road, Goldsbury said, she told him to pull over and call 911 for help, which he did as he got out of the vehicle.

That is when, Goldsbury said, the driver of the BMW stopped parallel to them and opened fire on their car.

“The last thing that [Anderson] said was, ‘Oh my God, they shot me,'” Goldsbury said.

Goldsbury unbuckled her seatbelt and got out of the car to get help.

“By the time I got to him, blood was coming out of his mouth,” she said of her mortally wounded partner.

She said a good Samaritan who stopped to help did CPR on Anderson and didn’t stop until paramedics arrived.

Despite all the life-saving efforts, Anderson was pronounced dead at the scene. By then, the driver of the BMW had fled.

Anderson is survived by his partner, his two teenage daughters and an adult stepson.

Goldsbury met Anderson online while he lived in Massachusetts. The couple operated a soap company together, and the man also worked part-time as a pizza deliveryman to support his family after quitting a pharmacy job to spend more time with his kids.

https://nypost.com/2022/07/21/dad-shot-dead-after-splashing-windshield-fluid-on-bmw/

• 3 months later...

A road-raging Utah man was busted after he pointed a gun at a driver who turned out to be a police officer in an unmarked vehicle.

Taylor Ray Bradley, 29, was driving just outside of Salt Lake City around 11:45 a.m. on Monday when a truck in front of him signaled to turn. Infuriated, Bradley began tailgating the driver.

Bradley then pulled alongside the truck and “began yelling profanities and proceeded to point what appears to be a small silver firearm” at the driver, according to the affidavit.

The truck driver — a sergeant with the Granite School District Police Department driving an unmarked cop car —  proceeded to turn on his lights and pull Bradley over.

Bradley was cuffed and the officer found the handgun stuffed into the passenger seat cushion.

Anyone who has driven LA’s freeways for a number of years, day in/day out, has had at least one fleeting instant in which they think, “I could kill that fucker”

Guns carried inside the vehicle are dangerous for that reason, when the impulse overtakes sense, and the attention to driving is lost as one releases the safety, and takes careful aim while the vehicle is moving.

mad max tech GIF

I instead keep a flamethrower handy on the passenger seat which allows me to aim “generally” and safely keep my attention on the wheel. 

Statistics show a shocking increase in traffic deaths since 2020. I see more and more reckless driving. When someone tailgates me I take a deep breath and get out of the way. If I see a moron driving at dusk or twilight with no lights, I either pass them or slow down until they disappear. I was in a horrendous accident last April which I miraculously survived with only a slight bruise and have become an even more cautious driver as a result. My car was totaled and the airbags deployed.