What’s something you’ve been told not to do cause “that’s gay“?

7829V

2 hours ago, 7829V said:

Wearing pink. 
Having mostly female friends. 
Cry. 

1. Loving Broadway so much.
  2. Going to see a movie because I have a crush on the male star. Now I follow some youtubers because I think they're hot! MicrosoftTeams-image-6-1-1.png
  3. Judging men by their looks most of the time...
  4. My passion for antiques and design. I'm from a time when buying houses in Dupont and Logan Circle was considered to be gay. I had friends who said they lived somewhere else because the gayborhood was gay and still dangerous. 
Edited by marylander1940

22 hours ago, Cock Eyed Optimist said:

Carrying your school books with a bent arm close to your chest.  You were supposed to carry them with a straight arm next to your hip.

My older sister gave me some tips just before I started high school, I remember the book carrying was one of them. I think another was the way I walked.

Growing up, kids would substitute the word gay for anything considered stupid, lame, or bad. Like, “that is so gay”. Or “you’re so gay”. But besides that, participating in any kind of dance class like ballet,(I’m not a dancer but I always admired ballet), wearing designer jeans, and taking home economics class in school,(which I did take, and there were other guys in the class as well. I loved the class because I learned the basics of cooking, and got to make food.)

1 hour ago, caramelsub said:

Growing up, kids would substitute the word gay for anything considered stupid, lame, or bad. Like, “that is so gay”. Or “you’re so gay”. But besides that, participating in any kind of dance class like ballet,(I’m not a dancer but I always admired ballet), wearing designer jeans, and taking home economics class in school,(which I did take, and there were other guys in the class as well. I loved the class because I learned the basics of cooking, and got to make food.)

Actually, when I was young, no one knew the term "gay" except men who were gay.

On 6/3/2022 at 7:58 AM, 7829V said:

I don't know here in the USA but where I am from, this game was ONLY for girls.  I always wanted to play it, but I couldn't because it was "gay" if a boy played it.

spacer.png