Laundry Detergents

OCClient

Laundry detergent makes my skin itch.   Has anyone found a good laundry detergent product for sensitive skin?

I use one of the mainstream detergent brands, their Free and Gentle option.   However, my skin still itches.

There is another brand with a Free and Clear option.   I'll try it  and see what happens.

However, I expect I'll get the same result from any of the mainstream brands at Target for example.

What other options are out there?    

35 minutes ago, OCClient said:

Laundry detergent makes my skin itch.   Has anyone found a good laundry detergent product for sensitive skin?

I use one of the mainstream detergent brands, their Free and Gentle option.   However, my skin still itches.

There is another brand with a Free and Clear option.   I'll try it  and see what happens.

However, I expect I'll get the same result from any of the mainstream brands at Target for example.

I switched to Mrs Meyer’s Clean Day a while ago. Same reason. Have gotten good results so far - a little goes a long way! You can find it on Amazon if not in the store. 

You may have already tried this, but if not, I would suggest try using the free and gentle one you have but use 1/2 or 1/3 as much as recommended and do an extra rinse cycle. There have been a number of studies that say the average person uses way too much detergent (and detergent manufacturers are ok with that!). 
I also think woolite may be worth trying. 

Steve

8 hours ago, Steve yabsley said:

You may have already tried this, but if not, I would suggest try using the free and gentle one you have but use 1/2 or 1/3 as much as recommended and do an extra rinse cycle. There have been a number of studies that say the average person uses way too much detergent (and detergent manufacturers are ok with that!). 
I also think woolite may be worth trying. 

Steve

Good idea about doing an extra rinse cycle. I didn’t even think about that! I have sensitive skin as well and use Tide Free and Gentle. I also use 1/2 the recommended amount 

10 hours ago, Antonio1981 said:

Good idea about doing an extra rinse cycle. I didn’t even think about that! I have sensitive skin as well and use Tide Free and Gentle. I also use 1/2 the recommended amount 

I’m also a fan of Tide Free and Gentle.
Works well and the 1/2 dose level seems to work for most things just fine. 

cheers

Steve

• 5 weeks later...
On 5/7/2022 at 10:52 AM, FrankR said:

I switched to Mrs Meyer’s Clean Day a while ago. Same reason. Have gotten good results so far - a little goes a long way! You can find it on Amazon if not in the store. 

I went with Mrs Meyer's brand laundry detergent and also their dryer sheets for the last month.   So far, no itching.   I'm sticking with Mrs. Meyers!  👍

On 6/8/2022 at 9:02 PM, OCClient said:

I went with Mrs Meyer's brand laundry detergent and also their dryer sheets for the last month.   So far, no itching.   I'm sticking with Mrs. Meyers!  👍

Apologies for being late to the party, but I find Mrs Meyers laundry detergent to not rinse very well. Seventh Generation Easy Dose works well for me.  One little squirt is more than enough.

image.png.a99ca1fa0de46e3e7267ad907dab13e7.png

On 5/7/2022 at 1:16 PM, OCClient said:

I don't know why when I read the name of this thread I automatically thought it was about getting rid of certain kinds of body stains and lubricant. 

On 6/8/2022 at 4:06 PM, BenjaminNicholas said:

Persil German formula has always worked well for me. 

And for Captain Olivia Benson, as well.  Her hubby is the Persil spokesman.

He was born in New York City to German parents but moved to Germany when he was two months old. He lived in Germany until he was 10 and did not learn English until he returned to the United States.

34 minutes ago, samhexum said:

And for Captain Olivia Benson, as well.  Her hubby is the Persil spokesman.

He was born in New York City to German parents but moved to Germany when he was two months old. He lived in Germany until he was 10 and did not learn English until he returned to the United States.

Germans love Persil.  Now they don't do it because of the internet, but Germans living in the US often had friends and relatives send it to them, they liked it so much.  I used it for awhile just because I liked the scent and it always made me nostalgic for Germany.  Germans really know how to do fragrances for household products - they all smell terrific.  In Italy, I remember. I thought the scents  for household products were really peculiar - they smelled really floral, kind of like a cologne that would appeal to old ladies.