Allergy season is here! Are you team Zyrtec, Allegra, Claritin, antihistamine?

marylander1940

On 10/17/2023 at 12:10 PM, samhexum said:

Asked my Dr for a prescription today.  Big savings over Advair.  Thanks.

Inhaled meds for respiratory problems are god-awful expensive.  For years, I got spiriva offshore because the copay was something ridiculous like $350.00.  Just recently it has come way down - i got a refill just recently and it was only $70 for 90 days' worth.

On 10/23/2023 at 11:43 PM, Rudynate said:

I hadn’t taken Sudafed in a long while and tried to buy some recently and was surprised I had to ask for it.

It's been like that for years... In your city also so much stuff is on their key in CVS and rite aid.

Back to subject I haven't taken any medicine this year and so far no allergies.

• 5 weeks later...
On 10/25/2023 at 6:37 PM, Charlie said:

Maybe the steroid shot is working after all. I haven't sneezed in the past 36 hrs, and my sinuses seem much clearer. But my eyes still itch.

I was just wondering @Charlie what pollen is it at this time of year that you are sensitive to?

I suffered similarly when I was young (until my mid-30s) but now I don’t usually react to pollen. Tho once on a long vacation in Australia in mid-November (pre-pandemic), I was surprised at the sneezing fits that a tree-pollen triggered. 

8 hours ago, MscleLovr said:

I was just wondering @Charlie what pollen is it at this time of year that you are sensitive to?

I suffered similarly when I was young (until my mid-30s) but now I don’t usually react to pollen. Tho once on a long vacation in Australia in mid-November (pre-pandemic), I was surprised at the sneezing fits that a tree-pollen triggered. 

It is mostly tree pollen and grass pollen for me. This happens to be the time of year when old grass is scalped and winter grass is seeded in Palm Springs, particularly on the numerous golf courses. It also is when the gardeners go crazy with tree trimming.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I’m team water… all that pharmaceutical shit just seems toxic as hell to me. It takes care of one thing and then messes with your body and some other way that makes you have to take more of something else that also gives you side effects requiring medication’s so on, and so forth~
  The evergreens and conifers around here in my part of the world throw off pollen like Mount Saint Helens’s ashes when it erupted. It coats your car… If you’re walking around outside you can actually see it coating your clothing. “ What a lovely sweater you’re wearing today… Is that wool?” “no… it’s pollen” no i ~
 I’ve had a runny nose and itching eyes the entire time here~ What seems to be working best is to just drink excessive amounts of water as well as avoid foods and other things that stress out my body (like dairy products and animal products). Those things just seem to exacerbate what pollen ignites in my body~ I also slammed megadoses of vitamin C, and for whatever reason, that seems to help in my body.
 On the other hand… I’ve noticed that my loads have been significantly more voluminous~ Is it the pollen or the change in diet… perhaps the increase in magnesium and zinc~ I feel fertile~ 

IMG_3903.jpeg

IMG_6934.jpeg

Edited by Tygerscent