Two new Forums have just been added

Cooper

• 3 months later...

This is an experiment that I'm playing with...  it's using the same system that is posting the Today in History posts.  

I'm not quite happy with the formatting of the RSS feed imports and I have to see if there is a way I can clean them up.

• 2 weeks later...

Can I make a suggestion? The Lounge has recently seen a daily posting pf new threads on This Day in History. Not just one but two it seems. The result is that other topics quickly get pushed off the front page and thus fade into obscurity. 

I don't mind the topic been raised daily but the way it has been handled. Either it should just be under a generic title This Day in History and thus not be date specific. Or it could be placed in a new forum.

I don't know how interesting people find it. I don't find it all that interesting as many of the items seem insignificant in terms of history.

1 hour ago, Luv2play said:

Can I make a suggestion? The Lounge has recently seen a daily posting pf new threads on This Day in History. Not just one but two it seems. The result is that other topics quickly get pushed off the front page and thus fade into obscurity. 

I don't mind the topic been raised daily but the way it has been handled. Either it should just be under a generic title This Day in History and thus not be date specific. Or it could be placed in a new forum.

I don't know how interesting people find it. I don't find it all that interesting as many of the items seem insignificant in terms of history.

I thought I knew lot about Croatia, Bosnia and Serbia when Bill  Clinton was president,   but  I had never heard of an obscure Croatia victory until it was mentioned last week in events of that day in history. Waste of time, in my opinion

Edited by WilliamM