Two new Forums have just been added

Cooper

Two new Forums have been added to our list of subjects: “Personal Finance & Investment” moderated by @Kevin SlaterAND “Museums” moderated by our newest moderator @foxy

We’re starting to move related threads from the Lounge into these new Forums. If you see one we missed just send a report.🙏

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Can I make a suggestion? The Lounge has recently seen a daily posting pf new threads on This Day in History. Not just one but two it seems. The result is that other topics quickly get pushed off the front page and thus fade into obscurity. 

I don't mind the topic been raised daily but the way it has been handled. Either it should just be under a generic title This Day in History and thus not be date specific. Or it could be placed in a new forum.

I don't know how interesting people find it. I don't find it all that interesting as many of the items seem insignificant in terms of history.

1 hour ago, Luv2play said:

Can I make a suggestion? The Lounge has recently seen a daily posting pf new threads on This Day in History. Not just one but two it seems. The result is that other topics quickly get pushed off the front page and thus fade into obscurity. 

I don't mind the topic been raised daily but the way it has been handled. Either it should just be under a generic title This Day in History and thus not be date specific. Or it could be placed in a new forum.

I don't know how interesting people find it. I don't find it all that interesting as many of the items seem insignificant in terms of history.

I thought I knew lot about Croatia, Bosnia and Serbia when Bill  Clinton was president,   but  I had never heard of an obscure Croatia victory until it was mentioned last week in events of that day in history. Waste of time, in my opinion

Edited by WilliamM

• 1 month later...
On 8/14/2022 at 1:30 PM, Cooper said:

If you’re looking for the threads on “Today in History” check out the Media and Entertainment Forum. @RadioRobhas just given it a home of it’s own! 

I clicked on the Today in History forum for the first time today and noticed none of the posts get many views. Just seems like a waste of time to have it. And once we would have a full year of posts then you're just going to repost basically the same posts again. 🤷‍♂️