Verify PReP?

jtwalker
This topic is 770 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

1 hour ago, Benjamin_Nicholas said:

This is why YOU are on PrEP.  Only you can guarantee your own health.

It's Russian Roulette relying on someone else to be responsible for your sexual health.

Yes PrEP is self protection. If a client asks me to fuck them bb then I find myself asking them if they’re on prep for their own protection. I notice some younger clients ask for bb but they’re not on PrEP, which is surprising. 

I wonder why anyone would risk that. I know my status is negative (I test very regularly) but why would they just rely on me saying I’m negative? I wouldn’t rely on that, which is why I take PrEP (and obviously because of my work). I counsel them to take care of themselves and go and find out about it. Here in the UK it is available free of charge on the NHS. 

No one's ever personally asked me to prove, they have just taken my word. If a client really wanted me to provide proof I have no problem showing them the bottle I take. Someone on Prep is always safer too and recommend getting on it. I also take my medication every single day, and have been on it since 2015. Also the fact is that Prep is 99% effective from contracting HIV. https://www.cdc.gov/hiv/basics/prep/prep-effectiveness.html

• 3 weeks later...

I take it daily. If I’m not working for any period of time then I stop (as in during the pandemic I didn’t see any clients for months…I didn’t see anyone for months!!).

I agree with @KensingtonHomo  it’s to protect me. Anyone engaging in natural sex should take it. I much prefer to fuck naturally but if I’m receiving then I don’t mind if he chooses to wear a condom. However it’s always the client’s choice. 

17 minutes ago, DLEroticProv12 said:

It is also a FACT that the safest sex partner for bareback sex is, in fact, still an HIV+ undetectable person (yes, more so than someone on prep, especially if that person isn’t 100% diligent about taking it).

The LEAST sexy thing I can imagine is being asked to show someone a bottle of pills before we fuck. Personally, I’d be considerably less-inclined to be with that person if they asked for that, and would wonder what else about me they’d be judging and fearing, and it would sort of just ruin the whole moment…. And it would tell me you’re an uninformed person who prefers to blame others for your own decisions. 

Huh? I don’t follow your logic.  Someone who is HIV+ and undetectable can also stop taking their drugs. I don’t see how this is in fact safer than two consenting adults, both HIV negative in a committed relationship. Or how it is safer than an HIV- partner who takes PreP and stays on PreP. 

5 hours ago, DLEroticProv12 said:

I highly recommend this FAQ page. 
It gives a ton of info quite succinctly. 
Particularly #s 13, 14, 16, 17, 18 (“People engaged in consensual sex are responsible for their own sexual health) and 20. 

https://preventionaccess.org/faq/

The only problem with the U=U argument is that in the PARTNER studies
the “undetectable" label was applied retrospectively. There were several
cases of HIV transmission occurring in the PARTNER studies. It’s just that
in retrospect, they discovered that HIV partner was not in fact "undetectable"
when the event occurred.

So, yes the studies support U=U….but you’re never going to know in real time
if you’re partner is truly “U”. 

And claiming that an undetectable HIV+ person is the safest sexual partner is a
ridiculous twisted extrapolation that the data simply doesn’t support. In other words, 
tell that to all the men who seroconverted in the PARTNER trials. Unfortunately,
their story is getting swept under the rug, and some will pay a heavy the price
as a result. 

Edited by nycman