COVID Gains After Mask Rules Dropped

Lucky

10 minutes ago, pubic_assistance said:

WRONG.

I had this conversation with one of my best friends in the world who is a text-book, published immunologist.

He said ..and I quote: " By DEFINITION: If you DIED from Covid 19 >>>YOU'RE NOT HEALTHY ! "

Well, he’s one expert. Other experts have been all over the news etc. saying that healthy people can get it and die. So he’s got one opinion among many. You value his. There are others. By his definition if anyone dies of anything biological they’re not healthy because they succumbed to it. That simply doesn’t make sense. Healthy people get infected with diseases and succumb. It’s unfortunate but it’s true. I’m curious who this published immunologist is. Can you share what his name and what he’s published? 

3 hours ago, pubic_assistance said:

Minority communities often have higher rates of obesity which is the contributing factor in higher death rates...not melanin.

You’re wrong about the reasons for disparate impact. And your fat phobia is just tedious. Plenty of fit and healthy people have died from COVID, especially healthcare workers who were exposed to very high viral loads.

You don’t know what you’re talking about and I really hope no one takes your god awful and unscientific advice. 

1 hour ago, pubic_assistance said:

WRONG.

I had this conversation with one of my best friends in the world who is a text-book, published immunologist.

He said ..and I quote: " By DEFINITION: If you DIED from Covid 19 >>>YOU'RE NOT HEALTHY ! "

This is pedantry. Someone who is infected with a potentially dangerous virus is not healthy bc they are infected. But their baseline health when infected can matter a great deal. 

6 hours ago, pubic_assistance said:

Minority communities often have higher rates of obesity which is the contributing factor in higher death rates...not melanin.

I didn't say melanin was a factor in higher death rates and it is not, at least not directly. What I said was that melanin causes a diagnostic device to provide an incorrect reading of a significant symptom of the effect the disease is having on a patient's body, potentially leading to the failure to provide a simple treatment to correct that effect. Put simply, if you are black and have low blood oxygen levels a pulse oximeter is likely to give a false 'normal' reading and you are less likely to be given the treatment you need.

3 hours ago, KensingtonHomo said:

You’re wrong about the reasons for disparate impact. And your fat phobia is just tedious. Plenty of fit and healthy people have died from COVID, especially healthcare workers who were exposed to very high viral loads.

You don’t know what you’re talking about and I really hope no one takes your god awful and unscientific advice. 

I take his advice!  Oh, and the more contagious the variant, the weaker it will be.   

3 hours ago, augustus said:

Imagine having to test yourself for the virus you're quadruple vaccinated against LOL.  I had COVID in the beginning of the pandemic.  No Biggie and I've never been vaccinated either.  Natural immunity is best.

I am sure that is a great comfort to those who died from the disease before a vaccine was available. 🙄

5 hours ago, augustus said:

Imagine having to test yourself for the virus you're quadruple vaccinated against LOL.  I had COVID in the beginning of the pandemic.  No Biggie and I've never been vaccinated either.  Natural immunity is best.

By your logic, you should stop wearing a seat belt and disable the airbags in your vehicle immediately - your natural reflexes are all you need.  Natural adrenaline is best. 

IMG_0008.gif.cebbb8cb58a53de7e6420046566ed17a.gif

35 minutes ago, KensingtonHomo said:

I work with a wide range of infectious disease physicians, scientists and epidemiologist all across the country and internationally. Your friend is not in agreement with the overall scientific consensus. We have enough problems with Trump and Biden fucking up COVID response and mitigation without randos adding to the disinformation. 

He didn’t tell who this published immunologist is or what he’s published. I call BS. Oh. I forgot to mention. I have a published immunologist friend too who I was talking to who said that perfectly healthy people can and do get COVID and eventually die. So there’s that.

3 hours ago, FrankR said:

Immunity from vaccination wears off as time passes, just like natural immunity. Please provide the source of your misinformation. 🙄

You don’t need sources when you’ve created a narrative (or bought into one) that fits your preferences! Duhhhhhhh…

Edited by FewBricksShy

4 hours ago, KeepItReal said:

By your logic, you should stop wearing a seat belt and disable the airbags in your vehicle immediately - your natural reflexes are all you need.  Natural adrenaline is best. 

IMG_0008.gif.cebbb8cb58a53de7e6420046566ed17a.gif

Not even close to being analogous.  

3 hours ago, KensingtonHomo said:

That's literally completely untrue. 

Actually, I'm correct! (as usual).   European regulators say giving COVID-19 booster shots too frequently will weaken the immune system.   

EMA regular press briefing on COVID-19 | European Medicines Agency (europa.eu)

In addition, researchers in Israel say a fourth COVID-19 shot doesn’t appear to do any good in preventing infection from the Omicron variant.

Fourth dose of COVID-19 vaccines in Israel - The Lancet Respiratory Medicine

So there.  I have natural immunity which is best.  It is well known that continuous vaxxing will weaken and eventually destroy the immune system.