COVID Gains After Mask Rules Dropped

Lucky

1 minute ago, augustus said:

You will be the first in line to get a monkeypox vaccine, I'm sure.  Funny how you pooh pooh my post just minutes after I posted it, which means you never read the links.  Israel is in the forefront of Covid vaccinations, so when they say the 4th Vax is having no effect on preventing the latest infection it is credible.  Talk about a "mindset problem" !

You’re not listening…The vaccine isn’t sold as preventative. You’re talking past. Furthermore, I’m pretty informed on the COVID situation, including Israel and Europe. Israel, for example, isn’t saying not to get vaccinated. Because that’s a ludicrous idea. They are, as you say, at the forefront. Because it makes a difference on the scope of the disease’s effects. That’s hardly difficult to understand. And I haven’t gotten the monkeypox vaccine yet. So you’re assumptions are wrong. Again. Batting 1000 here 😉 

2 minutes ago, augustus said:

75 percent of the people I see aren't wearing masks. People are voting with their faces.  

People aren’t wearing masks because the vast majority are vaccinated against the worst effects of the disease. You’re drawing a false equivalency. At any rate, I’m done with your “points.” It’s pointless.

58 minutes ago, augustus said:

Actually, I'm correct! (as usual).   European regulators say giving COVID-19 booster shots too frequently will weaken the immune system.   

EMA regular press briefing on COVID-19 | European Medicines Agency (europa.eu)

What they said was that repeated vaccinations at short intervals do not represent a viable long term approach. They also said that boosters raise the level of protection above what was achieved in the initial course of vaccination. Of course, they were talking in January when the predominant variant was Delta and the Omicron wave was just starting in the EU.

The Lancet page you cite said that Israel had very little evidence of the effect a fourth dose would have, not that it didn't appear to do any good. At that stage, also in January, they had only just approved fourth doses so what they said was not based on analysing the results of those doses being administered.

1 hour ago, augustus said:

Actually, I'm correct! (as usual).   European regulators say giving COVID-19 booster shots too frequently will weaken the immune system.   

EMA regular press briefing on COVID-19 | European Medicines Agency (europa.eu)

In addition, researchers in Israel say a fourth COVID-19 shot doesn’t appear to do any good in preventing infection from the Omicron variant.

Fourth dose of COVID-19 vaccines in Israel - The Lancet Respiratory Medicine

So there.  I have natural immunity which is best.  It is well known that continuous vaxxing will weaken and eventually destroy the immune system.

I'm not watch an EMA press conference where they say getting a vaccine more frequently than recommended can impact your immune system, as that's not your original claim. 

As for Israel, yes, the fourth dose has waining efficacy because the virus is being allowed to run rampant across the globe. And now that we do have vaccines, it's mutating to evade them. This is infectious disease 101. 

Shockingly, you're not aware that actually having COVID damages your T Cells' ability to fight off future COVID infections, which is why even vaccinated people who've previously had COVID are getting it over and over again. There is no enduring natural immunity. In fact, it may be that each COVID infection makes you MORE vulnerable. 

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC8366804/#:~:text=Numerous studies suggest that T,ill COVID patients (14).

16 minutes ago, FewBricksShy said:

People aren’t wearing masks because the vast majority are vaccinated against the worst effects of the disease. You’re drawing a false equivalency. At any rate, I’m done with your “points.” It’s pointless.

People aren't wearing masks because cynical politicians have dropped all the mandates and told them it's safe to do so. It's not. Even if you're vaccinated. 

12 minutes ago, mike carey said:

The Lancet page you cite said that Israel had very little evidence of the effect a fourth dose would have, not that it didn't appear to do any good. At that stage, also in January, they had only just approved fourth doses so what they said was not based on analysing the results of those doses being administered.

Every continuous dose is providing less and less protection, which is why hospitalizations are soaring among the vaxxed.  If you are elderly or have at least 2 comorbidities, then get vaxxed.  For most everyone else natural immunity is best.  It produces permanent antibodies, the vaccine does NOT.  

The government lies.   They said natural immunity will only last 2 or 3 months.   It actually lasts for a year!

Naturally Acquired SARS-CoV-2 Immunity Persists for Up to 11 Months Following Infection | The Journal of Infectious Diseases | Oxford Academic (oup.com)

The CDC wants people vaxxed continuously, every 2-3 months.  Total BS.  It's a money making operation.  

24 minutes ago, KensingtonHomo said:

People aren't wearing masks because cynical politicians have dropped all the mandates and told them it's safe to do so. It's not. Even if you're vaccinated. 

Those flimsy masks don't do anything to protect against a virus a million times smaller than a speck of dust.

25 minutes ago, KensingtonHomo said:

Eh. I don’t wear a mask. I don’t believe either extreme is right. We don’t need masks anymore, those of us who have all the boosters and possibly have had COVID.

27 minutes ago, augustus said:

The government lies.   They said natural immunity will only last 2 or 3 months.   It actually lasts for a year!

Naturally Acquired SARS-CoV-2 Immunity Persists for Up to 11 Months Following Infection | The Journal of Infectious Diseases | Oxford Academic (oup.com)

The CDC wants people vaxxed continuously, every 2-3 months.  Total BS.  It's a money making operation.  

This is based on blood samples, not actual infections, and we've had three new variants since this study was performed. Stop googling shit to try and make points based on science you do not understand. 

26 minutes ago, FewBricksShy said:

Eh. I don’t wear a mask. I don’t believe either extreme is right. We don’t need masks anymore, those of us who have all the boosters and possibly have had COVID.

It's not an "either extreme." There's science which shows that when worn properly KN95 and N95 masks reduced transmission, particularly indoors. When it comes to infection control for respiratory viruses best practice is layered protection (vaccine + air filtration + masking). 

22 minutes ago, augustus said:

Somewhere somehow, the adults have left the room.  We are now in an ever-present state of pure calamitous emergency.  And if it weren't for our fearless leaders, well, I don't know what would happen.

More than 1 million Americans are dead, the pandemic disrupted our economy and supply chains, most people received virtually no help, pushed us into rapid inflation as multinational corporations price gouge, and now we're dealing with Monkeypox. If you're not alarmed, you're in denial. 

57 minutes ago, KensingtonHomo said:

There's science which shows that when worn properly KN95 and N95 masks reduced transmission, particularly indoors.

That can be said for any airborne pathogen. But we don’t wear masks constantly for every disease. The level of risk has decreased significantly since the start of the pandemic. You can wear a mask of any sort if you like, but the benefit provided by requiring them is no longer great enough that everyone should be required to. The disease is here and isn’t going away. Even the KN95 and N95 masks reduce transmission, not eliminate it. So there’s no escaping it. The best defense is to deal with infection, not staving off transmission completely. That’s why vaccines are best. They make sickness less severe. Because sickness is going to happen. 

32 minutes ago, KensingtonHomo said:

We have eliminated airborne infections before, such as smallpox. Our shitty, corrupt leaders decided to let COVID rage out of control instead of smothering it in its infancy. At any time, we could choose to pursue and elimination strategy versus a suppression one, and it may take a few months of unpleasantness (real lockdowns, limited travel, a hit to business and tax revenue) but it can be done. We're choosing not to do it. 

That won't work.  See China.

1 hour ago, KensingtonHomo said:

We're choosing not to do it. 

Yeah. Because the other effects would be extremely detrimental. Like it or not, it’s a societal issue, not a personal one. The original goal was to flatten the curve so hospitals weren’t overwhelmed, not to stop the disease outright. As long as the hospitals aren’t overwhelmed, we as a society are pretty okay accepting death. That’s true across the board. Now that we have vaccines and therapeutics that mitigate the need to go to the hospital, we’ll see less and less concern about COVID. And I welcome that. Of course the death toll is sad, but so is the death toll of war, gun violence, drugs, car accidents, abortions, suicide, beat maulings, etc.