West Point Cadets Overdose in Wilton Manors

Becket
This topic is 792 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

4 minutes ago, Lucky said:

If you carefully read what I wrote, you will note that I did not say it never happened. I wasn't in every restaurant all of the time.

I also think that drug use increased after AIDS came along. Many were suffering, and many thought what was there t lose if they were going to die soon anyway.

Pre-AIDS San Francisco was a very special time and place. To paraphrase @pubic_assistance, I experienced things there that "others only dream about," except that it was commonplace, then and there.   That level of abandon very well could have included people openly doing lines of coke in public.

On 3/13/2022 at 8:38 AM, pubic_assistance said:

What makes you assume they all have a "drug problem" ?

They were cadets partying late and doing a little coke to keep the party going.

Everyone used to do that back in the 90s.

Law enforcement and the health professions have a very broad definition of "drug problem."  ANY use of illicit drugs is a"drug problem" and ANY unsupervised use of a prescription drug is a "drug problem."

57 minutes ago, Rudynate said:

Even though I haven't seen it, someone that I know and trust did see it.  That's good enough for me, especially because I know what San Francisco was like at the time in question.

Me, as well.  I am  rather surprised at all the very negative responses.

Thanks for all the interesting comments about drug use in the military.  Guess I'm just a horn dog, but what I really wanted to hear about was all the gay sex that was happening between West Point Cadets. LOL.  

Unfortunately to this developing fantasy, the most likey story is that a group of Cadets found a good deal on a VRBO or Airbnb that had a pool and was close to the beach. Probably had no idea Wilton Manors was a gay friendly community.  O well.  Back to my next fantasy, imagining Charlie Hunnam and Channing Tatum together.  Wish me luck.

Street drugs are not safe anymore. Dealers are known for cutting them with all sorts of things; baby powder, rat poison, antidepressants, etc but I thought fentanyl was limited to heroin only. I was wrong. We have a huge problem in Vancouver. I'm sticking to the good old weed FROM A DISPENSARY these days.

On 3/12/2022 at 8:17 PM, Lucky said:

I can see where an individual might have a drug problem, but a whole group of cadets do it together? That indicates a real problem at West Point. You wonder how many cadets are on drugs.

I wonder how many people in Florida are on drugs… 😳

Edited by Tygerscent

1 hour ago, lonely_john said:

Street drugs are not safe anymore. Dealers are known for cutting them with all sorts of things; baby powder, rat poison, antidepressants, etc but I thought fentanyl was limited to heroin only. I was wrong. We have a huge problem in Vancouver. I'm sticking to the good old weed FROM A DISPENSARY these days.

Anymore~?😂🤣😂

6 hours ago, Tygerscent said:

Anymore~?😂🤣😂

Hahaha, I was talking about drugs being laced with deadly substances nowadays. Before, street drugs would kill you slowly. Now it can be in seconds right after the first hit. I understand some might find it redundant but I believe they call it "drug poisoning".

1 hour ago, lonely_john said:

Hahaha, I was talking about drugs being laced with deadly substances nowadays. Before, street drugs would kill you slowly. Now it can be in seconds right after the first hit. I understand some might find it redundant but I believe they call it "drug poisoning".

Ah… the good old days of linger street drug death~ 😳😬🤷‍♂️

On 3/12/2022 at 9:17 PM, Lucky said:

I can see where an individual might have a drug problem, but a whole group of cadets do it together? That indicates a real problem at West Point. You wonder how many cadets are on drugs.

No it doesn't indicate anything.

Better to gently experiment so they have experience when they command others in the Army.

26 minutes ago, WilliamM said:

No it doesn't indicate anything.

Better to gently experiment so they have experience when they command others in the Army.

This may come off as harsh, but it does indicate a serious condition among these cadets and probably among others.

It indicates questionable qualifications for sound judgements or the abilities to be in the command of others.

While such activities are not uncommon pitfalls at many institutions of higher learning, I doubt it will be tolerated at West Point.

5 minutes ago, sync said:

This may come off as harsh, but it does indicate a serious condition among these cadets and probably among others.

It indicates questionable qualifications for sound judgements or the abilities to be in the command of others.

While such activities are not uncommon pitfalls at many institutions of higher learning, I doubt it will be tolerated at West Point.

I worked for an officer in the Army who was human and knew how to talk to higher ranking officers. He didn't like grass, but at least he tried it.

Like Dwight Eisenhower.

13 minutes ago, WilliamM said:

I worked for an officer in the Army who was human and knew how to talk to higher ranking officers. He didn't like grass, but at least he tried it.

Like Dwight Eisenhower.

To the case in point, according to the report, none of the partaking cadets "didn't like it," nor did they just try it, they overdosed.

3 minutes ago, sync said:

To the case in point, according to the report, none of the partaking cadets "didn't like it," nor did they just try it, they overdosed.

It is irrelevant whether they liked it or not, or whether they tried it once or several times.

Edited by WilliamM