Spas in NYC

Guy Fawkes

Has anyone tried Adam at SMS?

Yes I know people really like him for me he wasn't good not friendly and ask so many questions are you here the first time I told him no maybe my 10 time and was with this and this name, and after i got a so unprofessional massage/season but I hear that some are yappy from him maybe I was his last appointment after 12 hour work but I will not go back to him

Yes I know people really like him for me he wasn't good not friendly and ask so many questions are you here the first time I told him no maybe my 10 time and was with this and this name, and after i got a so unprofessional massage/season but I hear that some are yappy from him maybe I was his last appointment after 12 hour work but I will not go back to him

I have had good experiences with him. His massages definitely improve as you build a rapport with him.

Edited by hrlmguy

Guest fm0322

Why does using 19 emojis diminish my assessment of the veracity of a post?

Edited by fm0322

Got Aleven again hero .without massage . Full hour body scrub .amazing. When wash my in lower back& in side legs . Deep deep wash . Of course got other thing too. Now like fly waking street. So happy ready to meet friends for dinner:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:eek::eek::D:D:D:D:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

His massages definitely improve as you build a rapport with him.

I prefer hiring masseurs who always give it their best, regardless if I'm a repeat client or not.

I visited Utopia last month and Simon there was amazing. Massage was really nice and the table shower was great. I really like the table shower, didn't mind the plastic at all. :)

I was at utopia yesterday and got a scrub table shower plus massage as combo. I must say that I really enjoyed the table shower . I did feel like a sashimi on top of the disposable plastic table wrap at the beginning but got used to it. Victor was very attentive and used the perfect water temperature. I remember getting a table scrub at the Russian baths a long time ago and this was definitely a much better and more relaxing experience . Walking from the table shower room to the massage room wrapped in a towel was not a big deal . Both rooms were far enough from the reception area .

Never had a table shower - is it better to have it before or after the massage? My first thought would be after to clean up, but maybe before as a warm up to the massage would also be good. Planning on visiting Utopia and getting a table shower/massage combo the next time I'm in NYC. Thanks.

Never had a table shower - is it better to have it before or after the massage? My first thought would be after to clean up, but maybe before as a warm up to the massage would also be good. Planning on visiting Utopia and getting a table shower/massage combo the next time I'm in NYC. Thanks.

I prefer the table shower before, since I am usually at work before I get to the spa, and I want to feel fresh during the massage.

If the masseur is the one who has just cleaned you, he knows for sure that you are clean, which might in certain cases remove some of his reluctance to certain types of extras.

I made an appointment with Hadrian at 27 Men Spa last week but got canceled because he was sick.

I booked him this week again but was canceled again and I was told that he left the spa for good.

Just so you know.

I had not been to a Manhattan spa in a while because of what I had read about up-selling, lousy facilities, and bad service. Yesterday I decided to give 27 Men Spa a try, and my expectations were greatly exceeded.

The three therapists I saw there (one Asian, two Caucasian) were easily among the most handsome therapists I have encountered in a spa. I was assigned Konstantin, a friendly, tall, lean Russian guy with a chiseled face. I asked for medium-hard pressure for the massage, and he delivered. I even extended my massage time from 30 to 45 minutes because I enjoyed his technique.

The body scrub was next. I was expecting a plastic-covered massage table. What I saw was (in comparison) a technological marvel. This shower table had raised sides (which would be a problem for anyone over 5'8") and a heated rubber pad. I received a great salt scrub and was thoroughly lathered and rinsed.

Yes, the rooms were all small, but they were clean and at the right temperature. The music was not too loud. Prices (especially with the summer discounts and specials on their web site) were reasonable. All in all, I was very pleased with my experience here.

I wonder about being "assigned" a therapist. Is it okay to say I would rather have someone else?

Absolutely. . . Ideally, if you can plan ahead, you can make an appointment with your preferred masseur for a specific date and time. If you decide to go at the last minute, it is less likely that you will get who you want. You are up for grabs, so to speak. Sometimes, this last minute can work out just fine but there's no guarantee.