'Tis the season to be frustrated by supply chain issues (and prices)

samhexum
This topic is 868 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

What's the status of everyone's holiday shopping?

I've received everything I ordered from Amazon, and am just waiting on an order I placed for something I saw on THE VIEW's View Your Deal segment.  It's been slow to ship because it's from a small company that was overwhelmed by the response, but is supposed to go out no later than the 10th, so I should be fine.

For those who may want to get me something, send me a private message & I'll give you my email address so you can send me an Amazon egift card (you're welcome).  If you want to take me to London next spring to see the virtual ABBA show when it opens, we'll have to do some planning and coordinating, but we've got time for that... the show doesn't open until May. 

😇😁😎😎😁😇

Close to Home on December 4, 2021

Edited by samhexum
Just for the hell of it.

It dawned on me last night that I've probably been affected by supply chain issues in another way.  I usually buy cheap, low-end pot. For the last couple of weeks my dealer has told me she just can't find any.  I had to buy some of her cheaper high-end yesterday.  The cheap stuff is probably being smuggled in in some shipping containers that are on a cargo ship off the coast of somewhere.  I know there's a backlog at the port in Bayonne, NJ.

I’ve switched over from basic gift cards to finding local small businesses near the recipient’s address that will work with me in setting up a gift credit - wine shops, nurseries, pet supplies, gourmet food/kitchen supply, all of which come with the bonus of knowledgeable staff. It’s a tad more thoughtful than a pre-loaded VISA, I figure?

No shipping, and no returns!

2 hours ago, jeezifonly said:

I’ve switched over from basic gift cards to finding local small businesses near the recipient’s address that will work with me in setting up a gift credit - wine shops, nurseries, pet supplies, gourmet food/kitchen supply, all of which come with the bonus of knowledgeable staff. It’s a tad more thoughtful than a pre-loaded VISA, I figure?

No shipping, and no returns!

The people in your life are very lucky to have you in theirs.

Pretty much all set with mine. As long as you order from the big chains you'll get your stuff as most of them have been flying in their merchandise to avoid the ship gridlock. And as far as what I want I'll take some ca$h which I can regift to some lovely sexy providers. Like @samhexumsaid in his first post just pm me if you need my info. 🤑 💰 💸

I always do my Christmas shopping the weekend before Christmas.  I enjoy walking through the mall, looking at the Christmas decorations, and listening to the Christmas music.  I just like to browse and see if something catches my eye.

All of my relatives and friends know not to buy me any gifts, and likewise I'm not expected to buy anything for them.  Instead, we enjoy an evening together eating dinner and playing games, and only exchanging a gift if it is something that was found to be truly unique to the individual.

My concern about the supply chain issues may or may not be justified.

As the bottleneck is resolved, an unprecedented number of freight-carrying vehicles are going to be rumbling over our already crumbling highways and bridges.

I'm hoping the infrastructure network will stay intact until repairs are able to get underway.