White couple gave birth to Asian daughter after fertility clinic mishap. Would you take a DNA test to make sure the baby is yours?

marylander1940
This topic is 919 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Couple Files Lawsuit After Birthing Wrong Baby After IVF Mishap – CBS Los Angeles (cbslocal.com)

OP note: measure twice, cut once... check numbers twice, fertilize the tube once. I wonder how many gay couples are taking DNA tests now about this mistake was discovered. If the baby is not yours would you ask your real son/daughter to be given to you? 

spacer.png

Edited by marylander1940

1 hour ago, nycman said:

Somewhere a god is laughing. 

We are interfering where we shouldn’t be and we’re surprised things get screwed up?

You are reminding me of the time when some conservatives said AIDS was God's revenge for unnatural sex...

12 minutes ago, Charlie said:

Aren't we "interfering where we shouldn't be" when we create vaccines to prevent the natural spread of viral diseases?

That is also a great example of the effects of science in our lives.

Worse mistakes happen in childbearing. 

If the child born was 100% their DNA, and burdened with a malformation or other developmental challenge, parents do not love this child less. This will be the case here no doubt. 

People pray to God to be able to have a child, and there is sometimes a gamble  in not accepting no for an answer…

If there was a child from the zygote that was created using my DNA and the child that I had was theirs, I would be for exchanging the children, provided it happened early on. If however, the child given to me was not wanted by the actual biologic parents, I would keep that child and hopefully get my biologic child as well.  

9 hours ago, nycman said:

Somewhere a god is laughing. 

We are interfering where we shouldn’t be and we’re surprised things get screwed up?

Who gave you the right to tell couples with infertility problems whether or not modern medicine can assist them? If you want the Catholic Church to dictate to you how you lead your life, that's up to you. That couple isn't chastising your religious beliefs. Please respect the religious beliefs of others (even if it's no religion). 

BISHOP W/DEMONIC FINISH (HEAD: ED) – Ghost Ride Productions INC.

17 hours ago, jeezifonly said:

Worse mistakes happen in childbearing. 

If the child born was 100% their DNA, and burdened with a malformation or other developmental challenge, parents do not love this child less. This will be the case here no doubt. 

People pray to God to be able to have a child, and there is sometimes a gamble  in not accepting no for an answer…

How many times are couples allowed to have sex before they take “no” for an answer?

16 hours ago, Unicorn said:

Who gave you the right to tell couples with infertility problems whether or not modern medicine can assist them? If you want the Catholic Church to dictate to you how you lead your life, that's up to you. That couple isn't chastising your religious beliefs. Please respect the religious beliefs of others (even if it's no religion). 

BISHOP W/DEMONIC FINISH (HEAD: ED) – Ghost Ride Productions INC.

Is that gentleman supposed to be a Catholic priest?

5 hours ago, WilliamM said:

Is that gentleman supposed to be a Catholic priest?

Just an evil church leader, perhaps a bishop in the Roman Catholic Church, which vilifies IVF. 

On 11/12/2021 at 12:03 AM, Charlie said:

Aren't we "interfering where we shouldn't be" when we create vaccines to prevent the natural spread of viral diseases?

I believe that preventing disease and creating life are two different things. 

I understand that others feel differently. 

2 hours ago, sync said:

"a" god?

I'm sure some of our members are polytheists, like Hindus and Catholics. When I see Catholics praying in front of statues of the virgin Mary or St. Peter, I feel like I'm in a Hindu temple (minus the elephant and monkey-headed gods, of course). 

Pope Benedict XVI Roman Catholic Beliefs

St. Peter's - Statue of St Peter

Edited by Unicorn