Florence Henderson

sync

I think it's great when you discover that someone has a "hidden" talent.  Like most, I only knew Florence Henderson as Mrs. Brady, the mom on the world's cheesiest TV show (its popularity baffles me, even though I remember watching reruns as a kid).  Never in a million years would I have guessed she could sing like that.

9 hours ago, sync said:

While watching a recent rerun of an Ed Sullivan Show, I was pleasantly stunned by the vocal strength, range, and tonal beauty in Florance Henderson's rendering of The Sound of Music.

3 hours ago, purplekow said:

She did a credible job with the songs but the little choreography that she did could definitely have been left on the cutting room floor.

2 hours ago, BSR said:

I think it's great when you discover that someone has a "hidden" talent.  Like most, I only knew Florence Henderson as Mrs. Brady, the mom on the world's cheesiest TV show (its popularity baffles me, even though I remember watching reruns as a kid).  Never in a million years would I have guessed she could sing like that.

Jeez...  do you all have the memory of Dory in Finding Nemo?  Mrs. Brady showed us years ago the vocal strength, range, and tonal beauty in her voice.

Edited by samhexum
Just for the hell of it.

3 hours ago, samhexum said:

Jeez...  do you all have the memory of Dory in Finding Nemo?  Mrs. Brady showed us years ago the vocal strength, range, and tonal beauty in her voice.

Nope, I missed the Nemo thing.  Even as a child my cartoon repertoire was sparse compared to others. 

• Cooper changed the title to Florence Henderson
  • 9 months later...
  • 2 months later...
4 hours ago, Marc in Calif said:

In my humble opinion, neither Julie Andrews nor Mary Martin could give a song this kind of emotional heft. 

Well Mary Martin and her husband  owned the rights to the Maria von Trapp story. And Martin had a close professional relationship with Rodgers and Hammerstein

Edited by WilliamM

• 1 year later...