A reminder to clients: Be careful when in the company of companions

Jarrod_Uncut
This topic is 937 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

@Jarrod_Uncut a very scary story I'm glad things worked out okay because there was so many moments where it could have turned for the worse.  Years ago I met this guy via a phone sex line and we had a fun hookup and I gave him my number.  He called one night and asked if I wanted to come over to his dorm room, he was an RA at a local university.  I came over and we were having fun when he started acting weird, slurring his speech and acting like he was going to pass out.  I assumed he was on drugs and politely excused myself since thats not my scene.  The next day the poor guy called and apologized, he's diabetic and was having low blood sugar!  I felt horrible I left or didn't try and help and was relieved he was okay.  After that I never rushed to judgement and try and communicate more.

10 hours ago, maninsoma said:

Paying someone for sex is illegal, but apart from that it does not necessarily have a negative impact on one's health.

It’s legal here in UK. Unfortunately some people have an objection to it. I judge no-one. If you drink, party or whatever it’s your life and your choice. Just make sure it’s legal. 
I choose to do sex work because I enjoy it, no one is forcing me. I choose not to drink of take drugs because I don’t enjoy those things. I just don’t enjoy being in the company of people who are drunk or high so I choose not to do it but I don’t mind that it goes on. Live and let live eh? 

4 hours ago, BuffaloKyle said:

I'm sure he wasn't going to drink all 3 bottles that night with you. I assumed he was just buying 3 to stock up since you were buying. 

Not necessarily . I know people that do drink 3 bottles of wine for an evening . ( he actually recently passed at age 52 sadly ) . Dropped dead in his apartment.

I can tell if someone is drunk / High / jumpy / tired . In hindsight what I should have done is send this one provider who arrived at my hotel in London slightly high ( and I could tell ) home with £100  for showing up . Less than the full going rate for two hours i booked  . It would have been better than me feeling miserable about it after, and paying the full rate . Instead of going though with the appointment. He was hot and I wanted it so i paid him for his time and now I regret it.  

I hope @Jarrod_Uncutgot paid something for his trouble . 

Look at it this way, I am still very stung by this really bad experience i had last week.  I have had to hire someone else i know who is good to cancel out the bad experience i had . i find myself doing that  in the past. So for me now, its very important to make sure than encounters are top notch and great, otherwise it ends up costing me two encounters, the bad one that sucked, and the good one to replace i. If its an hourly appointment I would pay for the guys cab to and from thats it.  

If I was a provider, I would think of walking away from a bad appointment also, ( especially if its a new client ) if the client is alll drugged up .  The consequences……  unless its a PNP/Chems appointment and everyone agrees

Edited by jetlow

20 hours ago, maninsoma said:

Paying someone for sex is illegal

It is illegal in the US (with the exception of some counties in the state of Nevada), but is perfectly legal in the UK and most other socially liberal European countries and Western liberal democracies, thank goodness. 

The US really does have some backward, regressive laws. I suppose this is down to the influence of the 'religious right' that is a dominant political force over there?

On 9/23/2021 at 12:31 AM, Jarrod_Uncut said:

if you’re going to engage in “extra” curricular activities: be sure to keep it manageable or abstain, because you don’t want an innocent provider being charged or suspected of contributing to any accidental wrong-doing.

We clients sometimes lose perspective when in the company of a young handsome man. Youthfulness is sometimes contagious. I also think that, though nice, we shouldn't expect providers to take care of us if we overindulge. Everything in moderation.

On 9/23/2021 at 9:52 AM, EastCoastBtm said:

A question for Providers - in the off chance you think things are so bad a client may require medical attention, what do you do?

It's happened to me, on a weekend trip with a client. I called and went in the ambulance with him, and sat with him in the hospital til he got discharged. 

Update:

All is well. My client buddy and I discussed and moved on from what happened. He’s definitely learned from the mistake and cut back all together. I’m just glad things weren’t worse. I didn’t recognize he was spiraling, but I did notice he was consuming quite a bit. 

He had his first small glass of wine today, just over dinner together. So all is well. 

On 9/29/2021 at 10:45 PM, jetlow said:

You deserve some kind of medal 

well, thanks. But it honestly wasn't any sort of sacrifice for me. I remained "on the clock" and we were in a town where nobody would recognize either of us. It would be a different and difficult choice to make if it were a first-time, one hour client, in my hometown. 

On 9/23/2021 at 11:52 AM, EastCoastBtm said:

A question for Providers - in the off chance you think things are so bad a client may require medical attention, what do you do?

In my own paranoia, I get worried that something could happen to me and the guy just.... leaves me.

I know the question will come....'What are you doing that could put yourself and that provider in such a position?'  I don't think anything, but I did have a couple incidents with marijuana usage as a data point.   

I like to smoke weed with sex and if the vibe is right, like to hang with a provider who is a 'smart' weed user as well.  I smoked a vape cart once and it must have been REALLY strong and I ended up a paranoid mess.  To his credit, the non-pot smoker provider was a total angel.  He used pot in the past, had friends who use pot and knew just what to do.  He basically held me, distracted me, gave me water, took a shower with me, put on some relaxing music, gave me massage...within a couple of hours, I was fine and embarrassed.  I gave the provider a huge tip and he checked on me the next week.  He was amazing!  His attitude was - You told me up front you wanted to use weed, so I agree to take on some responsibility if things go poorly - Probably not the norm, but I was lucky.  He could have just left me there.

Conversely, I was with a provider, we both used weed, and same thing happen, but the provider got super paranoid.  I ended up holding him, talking to him, ensuring him that I wouldn't let anything happen, I would take him to the emergency room if he was that worried, etc.   And again... within a couple of hours, we were both almost 100% sober and fine.

I'm sure providers and clients both need to deal with occasional issues, not just substance excess issues, like emotionally unstable people.

Is there an overarching message here?  When in doubt, if absolutely necessary, you're better off calling the ambulance, going to the emergency room, calling the police, etc.?

In line with the subject, I am a client who has epilepsy.  I am mainly controlled by medications and therefore do not need to have an ambulance called or go to the hospital if I have a seizure (which is extremely rare).  However there are typical symptoms that occur and that would pretty much end an evening.  But a provider must know the symptoms.  So whenever I meet up with anyone I will have already told them about epilepsy and the symptoms that are particular to me.  While more and more people are learning about epilepsy there are still many that do not and do not know that each epileptic will exhibit his/her symptoms and what to watch for in my case.  Also, (assuming that the client is not having a heart attack which the provider should check for) basically a provider will just have to make sure that the client is in a safe space so that the client will be able to sleep for a few hours.  The provider should probably wait for a good 20 or 30 minutes because the client generally won't be able to communicate what they need during that period.  I'm sorry to go on.  Actually, if you look online there are links with names such as "10 things I wish people knew about epilepsy", and so on.  These articles give the basic information that tends to be useful.  Please do not hesitate to contact by IM if you have any questions.