Were you in a college fraternity?

Antonio1981

There were a lot of gay men in the all male orgs, but only closeted guys were accepted, many with family connections to the organization. That changed, but only recently. One particularly prestigious group has been known known for being “gay” since the mid-twentieth century though they accepted its first gay member after the turn on the milllennium. 

Edited by FreshFluff

Is it that the frats had a lot of GAY men or a lot of BI men? There are simply many more bi men than gay men and I always figured the frats were dominated by the "bi-sexual but hetero-romantic" types because of the opportunity for shenanigans. As a totally gay man I was, frankly, too afraid I'd get murdered to join a frat. But if I was bi I'd have been all over it.

13 hours ago, sniper said:

Is it that the frats had a lot of GAY men or a lot of BI men? There are simply many more bi men than gay men and I always figured the frats were dominated by the "bi-sexual but hetero-romantic" types because of the opportunity for shenanigans. As a totally gay man I was, frankly, too afraid I'd get murdered to join a frat. But if I was bi I'd have been all over it.

Well, some of us started out as “bi” but it didn’t take too long to eventually move into the other lane. There were several bi-guys in my house.

While I agree that many gay people use the bi identifier as a stepping stone, I think we are still outnumbered by bisexuals by AT LEAST 3 to 1. (and then there's the bisexuals who round themselves up to gay just because it's so much easier to get laid). My premise is that most of the bi guys seek out these types of environment for the opportunity they provide and their hetero experiences offer them a degree of cover that the gay boys don't have.

I played on a gay rugby team. The "straight" teams seemed to do way gayer group shit than we ever did.

Edited by sniper

On 9/14/2021 at 9:51 PM, FreshFluff said:

There were a lot of gay men in the all male orgs, but only closeted guys were accepted, many with family connections to the organization. That changed, but only recently. One particularly prestigious group has been known known for being “gay” since the mid-twentieth century though they accepted its first gay member after the turn on the milllennium. 

I read male orgies, not male orgs...

I love the ignore button... 

906403842_2021-09-17(1).thumb.png.a7f7f8d157d6cf57173c41bde02ee4ee.png

Edited by marylander1940

20 minutes ago, WilliamM said:

Really?  

Well, if you consider all the married men who have sex with their wives as well as other men, not to mention all the men who describe themselves as bi-sexual on Rentmen (😁). However, the original post is about college age men, and many younger men are functionally bi-sexual while they are trying to figure out exactly what they want. Many of the posters on this site have said that it took them a long time to become exclusively homosexual.

2 hours ago, Charlie said:

Well, if you consider all the married men who have sex with their wives as well as other men, not to mention all the men who describe themselves as bi-sexual on Rentmen (😁). However, the original post is about college age men, and many younger men are functionally bi-sexual while they are trying to figure out exactly what they want. Many of the posters on this site have said that it took them a long time to become exclusively homosexual.

I guess all the young men I have met in gay bars  in Philadelphia and near Fort Dix, New Jersey were just figuring it out

Edited by WilliamM

2 hours ago, Charlie said:

Some of them undoubtedly were. I hope you helped them.

I help young men forget the bi  tag out  of fear of being disowned by their parents .

Bi is a step to calling one self gay for some people. Certainly not everyone  And Iagree some people don't realize they are gay  until later in life -  but to imply that almost every one - no

On 9/17/2021 at 3:28 PM, Charlie said:

I think he is referring to the number of men who are functionally bisexual, which is probably larger than those who are exclusively gay in their behavior.

I identify as bisexual.  I will have sex with both gay men and straight men.

• 6 months later...

It was a wholesome time. I was in a college fraternity 20 years ago, and 2 weeks ago, I searched my college fraternity. I didn't found. I have a chest full of memories, and when I open that for me, it's like yesterday. I graduated from Miami, ASA College. It was awesome when I found out they have a site: https://miami.asa.edu/college-degree-programs-miami/criminal-justice/. My best memory was barbeques with comrades from other fraternities cause it was like we were a big big, gigantic family; there were no discriminations between us. College was my second family.