Weed and sex..... any recommendations?

EastCoastBtm

• 2 months later...

If you are a “rarely” cannabis-user you should use solo time with a strain ahead of incorporation into a first-time encounter. Know whether it makes you feel engaged, observant, and happy, or just sad or sleepy. If you experience paranoia, definitely do not use it with a date.
Everyone has different levels of tolerance. (For years now, my urine samples have had seeds and stems in them, so  I’m pretty aware of my levels.) 😎

• 1 month later...

Resurrecting this informational thread to add my $0.02. I've recently tried tinctures for the first time - both sativa-based and indica-based. What I notice is the high seems less intense than a smoking high. But it is a mellow kind of experience that is quite nice. Haven't tried it with a playmate yet but for solitary pleasures, it seems okay. I do appreciate that it doesn't have that smokey odor effect which depending on where you live might be a bad idea. I've also been trying dummies again and these can be variable in effect, but here again, a pleasant high. Those chocolate bars laced with stuff can also be really nice in a mellow way. But I do miss the intense high I used to get smoking Colombian back in the days of my youth. Sigh.

• 3 weeks later...

thank you for this discussion.  I just received my MMC and reading these comments have made it easier to understand strains.  I can only use tinctures and edibles but unfortunately there are not that many dispensaries on Long Island and choices limited.

• 6 months later...

I’ve been a weed smoker all of my, now very long, adult life. Also edibles (gummies and my own brownies). I don’t have access to a dispensary but I have been in some when visiting SoCal. 
My problem is, since I’ve pretty much just used my same street dealer(s) for decades I have no idea what the % numbers on dispensary weed means. I get that it’s a % of THC but I really have no idea what’s a high percentage?  And does the percentage in flower correlate to the percentage in edibles?  
Just finished booking an annual trip to the west coast and hope to go from baggage claim directly to the dispensary upon arrival 

On 3/9/2023 at 4:49 AM, tanman4u said:

I’ve been a weed smoker all of my, now very long, adult life. Also edibles (gummies and my own brownies). I don’t have access to a dispensary but I have been in some when visiting SoCal. 
My problem is, since I’ve pretty much just used my same street dealer(s) for decades I have no idea what the % numbers on dispensary weed means. I get that it’s a % of THC but I really have no idea what’s a high percentage?  And does the percentage in flower correlate to the percentage in edibles?  
Just finished booking an annual trip to the west coast and hope to go from baggage claim directly to the dispensary upon arrival 

The sales staff in the dispensary can help you.  You can just tell them what sort of pot you are looking for, what you need it for and they will make suggestions.   The last time I visited a dispensary, I got a vaping pen and a cartridge of Grand Daddy Purple extract - one of my favorite strains - we've come a long way from the roll-your-own days.

On 6/30/2022 at 4:19 PM, jeezifonly said:

If you are a “rarely” cannabis-user you should use solo time with a strain ahead of incorporation into a first-time encounter. Know whether it makes you feel engaged, observant, and happy, or just sad or sleepy. If you experience paranoia, definitely do not use it with a date.
Everyone has different levels of tolerance. (For years now, my urine samples have had seeds and stems in them, so  I’m pretty aware of my levels.) 😎

This!  If you've had some exposure to various sativa/indica/hybrid strains, you might be ok to skip this step given what you may know about them and how your body reacts to it, but for those new to cannabis (especially if consuming in a social setting) yes this would be solid advice.

• 6 months later...

My nearby dispensary recommends a hybrid strain for arousal, vaped. EDIT: This works for me; only need a couple puffs. I wouldn't recommend any more if you want to come.

The first time I ever tried an edible (10 mg), I got so horny I called my closest regular over right afterwards, and had a good time. However, when I tried to repeat, it didn't work, but just made me sleepy. Edibles are too unreliable in dosage, compounded with the fact they last waaay too long.

Edited by DrownedBoy