Henry Cavill's "dad bod" not hot enough to play James Bond...

marylander1940
This topic is 977 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• marylander1940 changed the title to Henry Cavill's "dad bod" not hot enough to play James Bond...
1 hour ago, Benjamin_Nicholas said:

I think it's less about his body and more than he doesn't have the box office that someone like Daniel Craig does.

They don't want to tank the golden goose that is the 007 franchise.

You have the perfect, body, face and cockiness to play James Bond! 

1 hour ago, Epigonos said:

There has been more than a little talk about Rege-Jean Page being the next 007.  Frankly I thing he would be an excellent choice.  He certainly has the audience appeal. 

Regé-Jean Page is going to star in Paramount's "The Saint" reboot, which makes it less likely he'll be cast as 007.

Come on now, y'all. Bond does need to have a fantastic body. Bond can't look like someone who'd be liable to make a pitstop at a McDonald's drive-thru on the way to stop an evil genius or need a break during a chase.

I Cant Breathe Out Of Shape GIF by BLoafX

Bond needs to be able to seduce the pants off of someone while having the athleticism to karate kick their face in at any time.

Intimidating Not Scared GIF by NETFLIX

He (and maybe she) doesn't need or want to rely on fancy tech. We have Iron Man for that.

21 hours ago, Benjamin_Nicholas said:

I think it's less about his body and more than he doesn't have the box office that someone like Daniel Craig does.

Outside of Bond, Daniel Craig doesn't have box office either.

22 hours ago, Benjamin_Nicholas said:

I thought they only cast British actors and that this would be the real reason to reject Henry Cavill because he's American. Am I wrong?

Edited by lonely_john

2 minutes ago, lonely_john said:

This is completely true but I think standards have changed, especially since the 007 movies are heavily loaded with action sequences where physical prowess is required.

Glad to see Hollywood demanding a higher standard for the looks of male characters, they have been doing it to women for a long time. 

12 minutes ago, Deadlift1 said:

What about Tom Hardy?  I thought he was in the running as well

I like Tom Hardy, but he just doesn't look like a James Bond to me. Maybe that's just based on other roles I've seen him play.

1 hour ago, marylander1940 said:

Glad to see Hollywood demanding a higher standard for the looks of male characters, they have been doing it to women for a long time. 

Having said that, Tom is OK with nudity. So maybe they cast him and give us at least some booty shots? I'd love to see that demanded more from men as much as is it demanded from women too.

On 8/17/2021 at 12:27 PM, Benjamin_Nicholas said:

Box office??? He is Superman in a $$$ franchise. That the James Bond franchise owner does not want to cast him does not take away from his beauty and accomplishments.