WEHT Basketballer?

gallahadesquire

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So, an update. I had already mentioned that Navy Twin will be getting married this Fall. Last evening Older Brother broke the news that he and his girlfriend are engaged, with tentative plans to marry next summer. And what's more they plan to find an apartment and move in together soon. That means that once again I'll be an empty-nester. He added, "Why don't you invite (boyfriend) to move in?" And this morning, DePaul Twin, having gotten the news, texted me basically the same thing. I think they're worried about me being alone with my current challenges-- or they just want us to be together.

To be frank, I'd been thinking that once the boys were gone from the house (I doubt any of them will truly live here again) we'd be able to explore next steps. But now I think it would be crazy not to. I'll keep you posted.

2 hours ago, BasketBaller said:

So, an update. I had already mentioned that Navy Twin will be getting married this Fall. Last evening Older Brother broke the news that he and his girlfriend are engaged, with tentative plans to marry next summer. And what's more they plan to find an apartment and move in together soon. That means that once again I'll be an empty-nester. He added, "Why don't you invite (boyfriend) to move in?" And this morning, DePaul Twin, having gotten the news, texted me basically the same thing. I think they're worried about me being alone with my current challenges-- or they just want us to be together.

To be frank, I'd been thinking that once the boys were gone from the house (I doubt any of them will truly live here again) we'd be able to explore next steps. But now I think it would be crazy not to. I'll keep you posted.

I just caught sight of this thread.  What a special group of guys this community comprises.  You see how everyone thought of you while missing your posts.  Never mind that insulting comment about you just practicing your writing.  I've always sensed that you've written from the heart and so well too.  I'm glad to hear all the good news regarding your sons.  As for you taking the next step, it seems to me that your friend has already proven "for better or for worse"  so it appears that you have a solid relationship.  You have your sons' approval of him as well which is also very important.  They each love you and want you to be happy.  Keep well. All the best to you! CHEERS!!

On 9/2/2022 at 7:04 PM, Redwine56 said:

As for you taking the next step, it seems to me that your friend has already proven "for better or for worse"  so it appears that you have a solid relationship.  

Thank you for your kind words. And yes, he's certainly fulfilled the "in sickness and in health" thing. Even when we were quarantined away from each other I never felt as if he thought it was too much.

• 4 weeks later...

Well, it's three weeks from today (well, Saturday) that Navy Twin and his fiancee will get married at the Naval Academy Chapel. I'm so thankful that they both are practical people with simple tastes-- no over-the-top wedding stuff. I'll host the rehearsal dinner the night before at the Officers' Club (my dad's a member) and since the wedding party is fairly small it won't break the bank! DePaul Twin will be best man, Older Brother and NT's Academy roommate will be groomsmen. Then a gang of his friends will form the sword arch afterwards. 

Everyone's being sane, so far. His fiancee has been his gf since high school and we've all known they'd be doing this for years. After the wedding, off to San Diego and then a possible deployment to Japan for two years. Not sure how I feel about that but as long as they're happy, I will be.

My buddy will be there every step of the way and that is going to be interesting. Both families know now but we'll see how the other guests react. I think if there's any negative response NT's fiancee will slap it down, she really has been supportive (you may remember when I first came out to the boys she told me she was sad I'd had to hide it for long.)

Older Brother and his gf will move in together 11/1 with a summer wedding being planned.  And then, what? You all know I don't like being in the house alone.

sword-arch-wedding-usna-chapel.jpg

Edited by BasketBaller

• 3 weeks later...

Well, wish me luck, friends. I'm leaving for Annapolis in a minute for the rehearsal this afternoon and rehearsal dinner tonight, and wedding tomorrow. It makes me think of dropping Navy Twin off for plebe summer years ago and how emotional we all were. This is a different kind of emotion. I will update, probably not until it's all wrapped up, and I may (gasp) do that in a new thread to reflect the changes.

• 2 weeks later...