Prince Harry to Oprah' " my worry is history repeating itself."

WilliamM
This topic is 745 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I'm sorry, but we live in an ostensibly civilized society, and need to live by certain rules, called "laws," to ensure the safety and functioning of this society. No one asked her to take any photos, nor even pose for them, if that is what you meant to say. Taking photos of someone in public is perfectly legal. If I were having an illicit affair, I wouldn't flaunt it in public, especially if I were someone who totally should have expected the press would be watching closely. Not wanting to have one's photo taken does not give anyone, Royal or not, the "right" to endanger innocent lives by driving in an extremely impaired drunken state at break-neck speeds. Not wearing an seatbelt just adds icing to the cake of bad judgment.

Her death was tragic, but almost entirely due to a series of bad decisions made by her driver and herself. Many people, do, indeed, die due to their own bad decisions. Unlike Harry, she wasn't born a royal. She chose this life, chose to go out in public with another man, chose to instruct her driver to try to avoid the press, and chose to ignore seat belt laws notwithstanding the dangerous driving going on. Of course, greatest blame does go to the driver chose to get completely soused before driving his employer. It's a miracle that no innocent bystanders' lives were lost.

If Diana was having an "illicit" affair as a single woman then we may need a new definitive for "illicit.". As several members have written Charles and Diana were divorced

I'm sorry, but we live in an ostensibly civilized society, and need to live by certain rules, called "laws," to ensure the safety and functioning of this society. No one asked her to take any photos, nor even pose for them, if that is what you meant to say. Taking photos of someone in public is perfectly legal. If I were having an illicit affair, I wouldn't flaunt it in public, especially if I were someone who totally should have expected the press would be watching closely. Not wanting to have one's photo taken does not give anyone, Royal or not, the "right" to endanger innocent lives by driving in an extremely impaired drunken state at break-neck speeds. Not wearing an seatbelt just adds icing to the cake of bad judgment.

Her death was tragic, but almost entirely due to a series of bad decisions made by her driver and herself. Many people, do, indeed, die due to their own bad decisions. Unlike Harry, she wasn't born a royal. She chose this life, chose to go out in public with another man, chose to instruct her driver to try to avoid the press, and chose to ignore seat belt laws notwithstanding the dangerous driving going on. Of course, greatest blame does go to the driver chose to get completely soused before driving his employer. It's a miracle that no innocent bystanders' lives were lost.

Perhaps Diana should have only gone out in public with a woman, according to you.

She was divorced from Charles

OK. So what's more "wrong"? Taking the photo in public of someone who doesn't want her photo taken? Or driving at over 3.5 times the legal alcohol limit and speeds over twice the legal speed limit? Are you honestly going to look me in the eye and tell me it's the former???

Are you blaming Diana for something the driver did that was clearly wrong.

Ridiculous

You're misquoting me. As I have said multiple times on this string, the driver bears primary responsibility. That being said, Lady Di does bear some responsibility for (1) goading the driver, and (2) not wearing her seatbelt. As I said in the very post you quoted, driving stone-cold drunk and massive speeding were (I suppose I could say in my opinion, but probably pretty factually) the primary causes of the tragic accident.

Just to clarify, Diana and Charles were divorced in August 1996 - a year before her death. I'm not sure when her relationship with Dodi began, but at the time of her death she was no longer matrimonially connected to Charles.

You're right. I forgot the factual tidbit that she wasn't even married at the time. That makes the life-threatingly dangerous and cartoonish attempts to flee the photographers even more inexcusable. It's not as if those photos would complicate the divorce proceedings.

You're right. I forgot the factual tidbit that she wasn't even married at the time. That makes the life-threatingly dangerous and cartoonish attempts to flee the photographers even more inexcusable. It's not as if those photos would complicate the divorce proceedings.

Hardly a "factual tidbit," given your responses about her "illicit" behavior.

Is Unicorn aware that his name is being used by someone else? He wouldn't use the term "clownish attempts to flee." Unicorn is a scientist and a good guy..

Hardly a "factual tidbit," given your responses about her "illicit" behavior.

Is Unicorn aware that his name is being used by someone else? He wouldn't use the term "clownish attempts to flee." Unicorn is a scientist and a good guy..

What have you been smoking? When did I say clownish? If her behavior wasn't even illicit, then even less of a reason to put others' lives in danger.

pMpq7BGU_400x400.jpg

Around 7:30 tonight. And I don't smoke cigarettes or anything else, Doctor

OK. You still got it wrong.

young-stoned-man-with-drugs-on-the-table-picture-id694862688

I said cartoonish, not clownish.

91Mi6MX-y1L._RI_.jpg

Popularity of Harry and Meghan plummets in UK after Oprah interview, poll says

""It found 48% percent of the 1,664 respondents had a negative attitude of Harry compared to 45% with a positive view, the first time his net favourability rating had been negative, and a fall of 15 points from a week earlier.

Meanwhile, only three in 10 people had a positive view of Meghan, while 58% had a negative opinion.""

Not all lives are lived according to divorce proceedings. Emotions are involved

The crown is adorned with diamonds and jewels that wreak of death and shame. The woman who wears it may not reflect the worse side of the monarchy (the best if you ask me) but I believe she knows well why this is happening and believes that it should. I believe her and Meghan planned this together with Oprah, and that putting the crown in a museum is a lifelong dream of the Queen. No one can stop her by defending her - she can accomplish anything she puts her mind to. Long live the Queen! Please burn the house down on way out!

What? I don't see how the marital status makes it "even more inexcusable."

If you want to talk about how the photos might be used to her determent as judging the level of inexcusability, isn't the fact that she was basically an uncompensated model for the gossip rags enough and they were stealing her image for their profit? So couldn't one make the argument that the excessive speed was being used to escape a crime? Does that make it "even less inexcusable" than if it was being done to avoid complications of a divorce proceeding?

Both words are unacceptable, sorry.

I'll keep that in mind if ever you run your own message forum. But the lives that driver and princess put in danger were real, though this played out like something in the movies or TV.

I'll keep that in mind if ever you run your own message forum. But the lives that driver and princess put in danger were real, though this played out like something in the movies or TV.

I thought you weren't blaming Diana? I shall strongly suggest buying a message board to my pal Kenny.

Edited by WilliamM

Harry and Meghan’s go fund me page to pay off their mortgage fails?:

https://www.foxbusiness.com/lifestyle/fan-gofundme-meghan-markle-prince-harry-mortgage-ends.amp

I thought it was an article from "The Onion"....

Maybe she can get a job, right? What about a reality TV show? They would be perfect for that!

Imagine @bigjoey a 36year old man (with only an inherited fortune of $40-50 million) has his annual allowance of $3.5 million from his Dad cut off after 12 months’ notice…and the American public won’t help him & Meghan out?

I hadn’t realized Americans were so savvy :cool:

Exactly!

I thought you weren't blaming Diana? I shall strongly suggest buying a message board to my pal Kenny.

Great investment. Then you can tell other people how to think, what words to use, and you'll feel oh so much better. And if you read my posts, what I've said is that while the driver is certainly the most culpable (horrifically so), Diana does also share some blame. So to get to the title of this string, if the couple doesn't want history to repeat itself, make sure your drivers stay sober, obey all laws, and avoid doing things in public you'd be ashamed of others knowing about. Oh, and maybe stop putting yourself in the spotlight all of the time.

Great investment. Then you can tell other people how to think, what words to use, and you'll feel oh so much better. And if you read my posts, what I've said is that while the driver is certainly the most culpable (horrifically so), Diana does also share some blame. So to get to the title of this string, if the couple doesn't want history to repeat itself, make sure your drivers stay sober, obey all laws, and avoid doing things in public you'd be ashamed of others knowing about. Oh, and maybe stop putting yourself in the spotlight all of the time.

Ridiculous response

Guest MikeThomas

Two self-absorbed, whiny, privileged multi-millionaires. She broke with her father when he went to the tabloids. But it’s okay for the Duke and Duchess to air their family laundry with the Queen of Tabloid Journalism.

Imagine @bigjoey a 36year old man (with only an inherited fortune of $40-50 million) has his annual allowance of $3.5 million from his Dad cut off after 12 months’ notice…and the American public won’t help him & Meghan out?

I hadn’t realized Americans were so savvy :cool:

Seems the Sussex's have a contract for $50 million with Spotify and $180 million with Netflix to also help pay for groceries. And they've had a huge LA PR team since they started dating. That's why they delayed letting anyone know Archie was born until American prime time. LINK

10865d3d74ab2b2b767498e627fe2661