At what age did you start wishing you were or looked younger?

caramelsub
This topic is 1155 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I know when people are young they want to be or look older. And when your old you want to be or look younger. So at what age did you start to wish you were younger? Or at what age if someone were to say you look young for your age would you take that as a compliment. I don’t think I have reached that age yet, I still want to be older, and still find it flattering when people think I look older than I am.

No age. People in my family look young for their age. People regularly think I’m 6 to 10 years younger than I actually am. Oddly enough because of my height I guess people always thought I was older than I was when I was younger. So I never hit a point where I felt I wanted to be older or be younger... not yet anyway.

The thing I wish with family is that had more time with certain members. With friends, some I wish we could have met sooner in life.

I was shocked on my 20th birthday when I realised I was no longer a teenager. And a few years later in the underground I saw my reflection on the opposite window and noticed a slight wrinkle. Years later I learned it is called nasolabial fold. I remember the underground ride every time I go to my derm to refill the damn folds. ☺

@The_Impeccable_G, I’ve had nasolabial folds since my early teens. When I met my biological father and saw pictures on him in his teens, he had them too. They never bother me except when I’m at the lower end of my weight cycle where they become very pronounced.

I'm 57 and haven't reached that point yet. In fact I learned over the past few years that "Daddy Dick" is a thing and lots of hot young guys are into older guys. I do touch up my beard a bit....but am not obsessive about it. I'm generally in good shape, into cycling and the gym....need to drop my "COVID 10" but again not obsessing about it.

The last time I looked younger than I was, I was probably about 16. After that, I almost always looked older than I was, which was convenient, because I was often the youngest person in a group--when I started teaching, I was actually younger than many of my students, and I didn't want them to know my age. I didn't really notice how I old I was starting to look until I was about 75, but at that point what did it matter?

My freshman year in college, I noticed the peach fuzz on my chest had started turning darker. So for one final summer at the shore I lightened it with hydrogen peroxide.

After that summer, I realized my looks were something I hadn't done anything to deserve and, from then on, I concentrated on the things that my own accomplishments would determine.

Good thing too as, these days, it would take all the hydrogen peroxide in China to garner me a second look. http://www.boytoy.com/public/style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif

?u=https%3A%2F%2Fimg3.21food.com%2Fimg%2Fproduct%2F2020%2F11%2F18%2Ffood305228-1605702506270025.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

C'mon guys.... wouldn't you like to be 25 again (in shape and hot) and get it for free instead having to pay?

Obviously there's no elixir of eternal life available and it's a rhetorical question.

I'm sure some of yinz came out of the closet to your family in the 70's and 80's and they didn't care but young gay men now take a lot of things for granted and don't know how lucky they're.

Edited by marylander1940

At about sixty I went to a plastic surgeon to see about getting rid of my jowls and thightening up my neck. He said no problem but I would have to let my hair fringe grown back so he could hide the scars. Just the thought of having to start going to a barber again didn't appeal to me. Thus now at 80 both my jowls and neck are sagging with everything else. My brother-in-law used to say that aging was the ugliest disease in the world. I've given up caring and have accepted the fact that I'm old and there isn't a damn thing I can do about it.

C'mon guys.... wouldn't you like to be 25 again (in shape and hot) and get it for free instead having to pay?

Obviously there's no elixir of eternal life available and it's a rhetorical question.

I'm sure some of yinz came out of the closet to your family in the 70's and 80's and they didn't care but young gay men now take a lot of things for granted and don't know how lucky they're.

Interestingly, I actually like paying for, ahem, companionship. There is little anxiety, and little disappointment about getting what you want.

In truth, the 20s sucked. I wouldn't mind being 30-something again!?!? But not obsessed about it

Interestingly, I actually like paying for, ahem, companionship. There is little anxiety, and little disappointment about getting what you want.

In truth, the 20s sucked. I wouldn't mind being 30-something again!?!? But not obsessed about it

I'm glad you wouldn't mind being 20 years younger. Most of us were healthier and in better shape when we were young but that might not be the case for all of us.

Anyways we can't go back in time and time only moves in one direction. It's a fact, and therefore rhetorical questions like this one are philosophical and winning the lotto is more likely to happen. I do appreciate the OP @caramelsub for coming with this thread and others.

Young guys do hire but not as often, they usually don't have the money and get it just a click away.