What was the first thing that ever made you feel “old”?

7829V
This topic is 737 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

The first time  I felt old was the first time I got a boss that was younger than me.  I was 41/42 at the time.  The new boss was around 35.  Up until then, I was successful at work and I was always considered the young guy doing great things.  Promotions and raises came...until they didn't.  I hated having a younger boss.  To make matters worse, he wasn't a very good boss.  I continued working for another 7-8 years and then retired at 49.  I'm 62 now and when I look in the mirror I don't recognize myself.  LOL.  

On 5/31/2022 at 9:47 PM, EZEtoGRU said:

The first time  I felt old was the first time I got a boss that was younger than me.  I was 41/42 at the time.  The new boss was around 35.  Up until then, I was successful at work and I was always considered the young guy doing great things.  Promotions and raises came...until they didn't.  I hated having a younger boss.  To make matters worse, he wasn't a very good boss.  I continued working for another 7-8 years and then retired at 49.  I'm 62 now and when I look in the mirror I don't recognize myself.  LOL.  

Retired at 49... 😂

Thank God we have immigrants.

Back to subject. I felt old (recently) when I mentioned IBM n a family gathering and nobody knew what it was.

Can't remember the first time I felt old

Edited by marylander1940

On 5/31/2022 at 6:47 PM, EZEtoGRU said:

... I'm 62 now and when I look in the mirror I don't recognize myself.  LOL.  

Rare Case: Man with Brain Disorder Can't Recognize His Reflection | Live  Science

I feel a song coming on...