Posts Suddenly Vanished!

Danny-Darko
This topic is 1175 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Quite a few pics posted in the past days have all seemed to have suddenly disappeared! Has anybody else noticed that on their posts anywhere? I even lost continued posts in private conversations I've had with members recently!

It makes one wonder if it's worth the effort to post then if material can suddenly vanish without rhyme or reason. ?

It makes one wonder if it's worth the effort to post then if material can suddenly vanish without rhyme or reason. ?

Yes, the system upgrade failed and two days of posts were deleted.

How I grieve for the forum participants who did not get a chance to experience the genius of my postings before they were lost! :eek:???

2nd System Upgrade Failed

Quite a few pics posted in the past days have all seemed to have suddenly disappeared! Has anybody else noticed that on their posts anywhere? I even lost continued posts in private conversations I've had with members recently!

I'm sure that, if you ask, you can be refunded your subscription fees for the period in question.... oh, wait, that's right, we are all enjoying "gratis" the efforts of the gents who put their time and efforts into keeping this merry band of nitwits glued to their laptops, instead of running loose on the streets, causing social mayhem, etc. Cut 'em some slack, mate!!!

I'm sure that, if you ask, you can be refunded your subscription fees for the period in question.... oh, wait, that's right, we are all enjoying "gratis" the efforts of the gents who put their time and efforts into keeping this merry band of nitwits glued to their laptops, instead of running loose on the streets, causing social mayhem, etc. Cut 'em some slack, mate!!!

No need to be an asshole. I was just inquiring the same way you would have if dozens and dozens of your post among other you follow would have suddenly disappeared for no apparent reason! ?

Edited by Danny-Darko

Few people read the Tech Talk forum, in which the announcement about the problems with the site were explained. It was a logical place to put the info about the system upgrade failure, but it probably should also have been posted in the Lounge, because the lost posts weren't the only thing that went wrong. Guy Fawkes does not have a staff of employees and consultants, so one should relax and wait when something seems screwy, because he always manages to fix it eventually.

No need to be an asshole. I was just inquiring the same way you would have if dozens and dozens of your post among other you follow would have suddenly disappeared for no apparent reason! ?

I agree. Quite a few people spent a good amount of time with their posts, and it's understandable for them to be upset to see them vanish.

Reacting to your other personalities post is misleading. You probably don't want to do that again.

This topic is 1175 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.