Do you ever ponder as to why certain men attract you?

This topic is 759 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I hadn't heard of this guy until you posted, but I actually prefer him with his natural blonde hair. He looks younger, kinda like a skater/surfer dude. In the other pic with the darker hair he looks a lot older. Also maybe it's the way he is dressed to but he kinda looks almost sleazy in a way.

Well, he actually is younger in the blond picture. He's turning 25 on Tuesday, so the dark hair was when he was doing the Sabrina series, at 23 or 24, and the blond hair is from when he was doing Teen Beach 2, at 19. Is it just the more youthful appearance you prefer?

Well, he actually is younger in the blond picture. He's turning 25 on Tuesday, so the dark hair was when he was doing the Sabrina series, at 23 or 24, and the blond hair is from when he was doing Teen Beach 2, at 19. Is it just the more youthful appearance you prefer?

Yeah maybe there is an element of that, though actually I avoid younger guys when I date/hire. I do think Ross looks better with blonde hair generally. I found his instagram and he is blonde in a lot of his more recent pics. I think his kinda shaggy haircut looks good blonde. You sorta see his hair texture a bit more than when it's darker. I don't know..I just like his blonde hair vibe more than his dark haired vibe. Though he is definitely good looking either way. I love his smile and dimples.

I am attracted to Black men, While men, Asian men, Latino men.

Well, this string is about wondering what it is about the differences between men that turn us on, and why we think that is. Of course, if you're totally indifferent to any characteristic, you're very lucky, since that opens up/multiplies your opportunities. I doubt most men (or women) are that indifferent. I, too, am attracted to men of all races. Physique does trump everything else. That being said, all else being equal I prefer medium-dark skin and dark hair, so I sometimes get asked if I'm only into Latinos, since that constitutes the majority of men I've dated. It's definitely not a race preference (southern Asians, Arabs, or Pacific Islanders also have those characteristics). However, since Latinos are the predominant ethnic group in California, and I'm attracted to physical characteristics they have, I do end up going out with a lot of them, but have also dated white, Asian, and black men.

No race or ethnic group constitutes a majority of California's population: 39% of state residents are Latino, 37% are white, 15% are Asian American, 6% are African American, 3% are multiracial, and fewer than 1% are American Indian or Pacific Islander, according to the 2018 American Community Survey.

The only major turn-offs for me are obesity and baldness. Unlike most gay men, I have almost no interest in penis size (prefer smaller or none/trans-sexual, but only slightly).

From IMDB:

Ricky Kim was born (Richard Lee Neely) on June 19, 1981 in El Paso, Texas, to Kyoung Hui Kim (Ouye), and Willian Raymond Neely, a Famers Coop worker. He has two brothers, David, and Andrew. He is of Irish (father) and Korean (mother) descent. He grew up in rural homestead, Kansas, graduating from Dighton High School in Dighton, Kansas. In 2004, Kim graduated in Journalism and Mass Communications with an Ethics minor at Kansas State University and was pursuing law school and work as a lobbyist for NGO's and non-profits. Kim is involved and connected to philanthropy work with Compassion International and local orphanages in South Korea. He is mostly known for his achievements as a mixed actor in Asia and also from Korean daytime TV, "Let's Go Dream Team" and "Law of the Jungle".

Ricky-Kim515.jpg

I,unfortunately, am attracted to masculine straight men 30-45, 5-6 to 5-9 with muscular build and all that jazz. Does my preference have anything to do with my adolescent and young adult phase of fooling around with str8 guys?

Well, I gotta hand it to you. I do think Ricky Kim looks better at 38 than at 28. Close call. What do other say?

Ricky-Kim2939.jpg

Well, this string is about wondering what it is about the differences between men that turn us on, and why we think that is. Of course, if you're totally indifferent to any characteristic, you're very lucky, since that opens up/multiplies your opportunities. I doubt most men (or women) are that indifferent. I, too, am attracted to men of all races. Physique does trump everything else. That being said, all else being equal I prefer medium-dark skin and dark hair, so I sometimes get asked if I'm only into Latinos, since that constitutes the majority of men I've dated. It's definitely not a race preference (southern Asians, Arabs, or Pacific Islanders also have those characteristics). However, since Latinos are the predominant ethnic group in California, and I'm attracted to physical characteristics they have, I do end up going out with a lot of them, but have also dated white, Asian, and black men.

No race or ethnic group constitutes a majority of California's population: 39% of state residents are Latino, 37% are white, 15% are Asian American, 6% are African American, 3% are multiracial, and fewer than 1% are American Indian or Pacific Islander, according to the 2018 American Community Survey.

The only major turn-offs for me are obesity and baldness. Unlike most gay men, I have almost no interest in penis size (prefer smaller or none/trans-sexual, but only slightly).

Guess I not as intellectual as you.

Oh, Lord, I do have a soft spot for mixed race men, such as this dude, Ricky Kim. They always seem to get the best of both worlds... Genetic diversity is where it's at.

From Wikipedia:

Ricky Lee Neely, known professionally as Ricky Kim (Korean: 리키 김), is an American model and actor.

Ricky Lee Neely was born on June 19, 1981, to a Korean mother and an American father. He grew up in Kansas and Hawaii, and then studied mass communications at Kansas State University, with ambitions of becoming a lobbyist. In 2005 he arrived in South Korea to volunteer and teach English on the side, then left the country to continue traveling around the world. But having made the decision to pursue a career in entertainment, he returned four months later and began handing out his profile to modeling and talent agencies. Under the stage name Ricky Kim, he made his acting debut in the 4-episode 2006 TV series Miracle. He first attracted notice for his supporting role in the 2008 hit show On Air, followed by his first leading role in the romantic comedy film My Darling FBI. He then joined the cast as Michelle Morris in the 2009 Korean staging of the musical Dreamgirls. In the 2010 period medical drama Jejungwon, he played Dr. John William Heron, Presbyterian missionary and hospital director of the first Western medical institution in Korea.

Since 2009 he has been a regular on sports-reality show Let's Go Dream Team! Season 2. He also appeared in several seasons of Law of the Jungle, a travel-reality show in which a cast of celebrities go to exotic locations such as Namibia, Papua, Vanuatu, Siberia, Madagascar, and New Zealand, and are left to explore and survive in nature.

It does look as though he has a tattoo, though:

32c86a5616ff14d947789f74efa0923a89fd6c06.jpg

Yeah, mixed with Korean can be nice ;)

6a446acd8eb9a58efc22aa6df316fdfd1278548900_large.jpgtumblr_lo73adfBwL1qgc6fao1_500.jpg

But any country has their pretty men.

Edited by OCClient

I differentiate between someone who is "my type" and someone who is "attractive". The latter is a much broader category than the former. In my case, "my type" was set by my roommate in boarding school -- young, blonde, smooth, slim, smiling, intelligent. It took me a long time to realize why I prefer what in today's parlance we would call a twink, but I finally had an epiphany and realized that I was looking for guys who resemble my roomie. In those days many years ago I had a vague awareness that I liked the male body, but I had no idea what that would mean down the road.

Edited by Ganymede255
accuracy

My theory is that most men are like ducklings and imprint on what they jerked off to at 11-14.

Hmm. But what led us to jerk off to certain guys at 11 to 14? One of my earliest crushes was Greg Evigan. Maybe that's why I like men with dark hair and blue or green eyes?

41D7Xsga40L._AC_SX385_.jpg

19_2_30.jpg

aabefb3e6e7fe035be78512314c52523.jpg

Yeah maybe there is an element of that, though actually I avoid younger guys when I date/hire. I do think Ross looks better with blonde hair generally. I found his instagram and he is blonde in a lot of his more recent pics. I think his kinda shaggy haircut looks good blonde. You sorta see his hair texture a bit more than when it's darker. I don't know..I just like his blonde hair vibe more than his dark haired vibe. Though he is definitely good looking either way. I love his smile and dimples.

I know this is nit-picking but it's a quiet day. Men are blond and women are blonde. Of course they both must have yellow hair to qualify. LOL

But tastes change. One can realize the beauty in men from anywhere, especially living and working around diverse peoples.

One's tastes can also broaden by actually having sex with different guys. I think when I was a teen/young adult, I really did go for the tall, blond "surfer type." As I grew older and had enjoyable sexual encounters with a variety of men, I started noticing the attractiveness of a much wider variety of "types."