? Get your Flu Shot ! ?

orville
This topic is 1198 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

When both viruses meet, bad things will happen:

• Unknown synergies between Influenza and COVID.
  • Influenza could increase the transmissibility of COVID.

By blocking Influenza (that already kills thousands every year) we avoid making things worse.

Get your Flu shot and ask your regulars to get theirs too, otherwise we all (providers and clients) become vectors.

Edited by orville

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got mine on August 16th.

~Boomer~

I take mine every year around September / October. Canadian winter starts being felt around November.

I'm calling tomorrow to book an appointment with my doctor's nurse to get mine, hopefully, next week.

All of a sudden COVID cases are spiking now in both Quebec and Ontario. We were supposed to be in "better" shape.

I got mine a little too early I think, but as long as they're still available, I'll try to get another one in December.

Hi, I love your profile pic.

I don't think you need to worry about availability since it's in the best interest of governments to not exhaust hospital beds, so having enough stock of vaccines makes more economic sense, budget-wise. I like to get mine at my Dr's office because I 'feel' they are better quality than those provided at pharmacies. I know, it doesn't make sense, but that's me.

Edited by orville

...I like to get mine at my Dr's office because I 'feel' they are better quality than those provided at pharmacies. I know, it doesn't make sense, but that's me.

They might not be better quality, but I wonder about the sanitation practices at the pharmacy. I've typically gotten them at VONS/Safeway, but this year it will be at my doc's office. Their protocol is get there no more than 5 minutes in advance of the appointment, wait no more than 5 minutes for a sanitized room, get a temperature check, and all staff wear masks and shields.

You are probably thinking "But, wait - wouldn't lax sanitation be a problem any year?" The answer is "yes," but I am being hyper-vigilant this year.

Seconding those who wait til October. My doc says that later production allows for tweaks based on early flu detections, and

variations in the virus that can be factored in before final sealing and delivery. These smaller adapted batches tend to be available only through Dr offices, as opposed to all the wholesale and retail operations that need to be stocked in September and still protect against most known flu bugs.

got mine

Not for me.

When I was in the military, we were ordered to have a flu shot. I was inoculated and got so sick I could not get out of bed for several days. I have never been so sick as then.

I never took another flu shot since and have never had the flu, ever.

Good luck and congratulations to those who have no reaction to the influenza vaccine.

Edited by coriolis888

Not for me.

When I was in the military, we were ordered to have a flu shot. I was inoculated and got so sick I could not get out of bed for several days. I have never been so sick as then.

I never took another flu shot since and have never had the flu, ever.

Good luck and congatulations to those who have no reaction to the influenza vaccine.

Please dont make the same POTENTIALLY LIFE THREATENING mistake he's making.

First, I'm a board certified American physician. I do this for a living. So yes, I know what I'm talking about.

Did the writer get a vaccine? Yes, I have NO reason to believe he is being dishonest.

Did the writer get ill? Yes, I have NO reason to believe he is being dishonest.

But he's making what scientists call a Cause and Effect Error.

Many, many thousands of years ago, as we lived in Mother Africa, we heard roosters crowing at EVERY dawn. We therefore thought at that time that the roosters crowing at dawn BROUGHT UP the sun. We now dont think such nonsense as obviously we see now that these bronze age people were making a Cause and Effect Error. Just because one event follows another, doesn't mean the first event caused the second.

Dear readers: his vaccine did NOT in any way, shape, or form cause his illness. Thats nonsense thinking. He got ill, sure, but its a mere coincidence that the illness followed the vaccine. Dont make his tragic mistake & believe such nonsense. THAT mistake could KILL YOU, or OTHERS around you.

I have NO delusions that this man will change his views no matter how strong an argument or proof is shown to him. These are the guys who go to their (literal) grave defending illogical but dearly held beliefs (believe me, I see them professionally all the time!). My point to you is just dont be LIKE him.

My dear brothers, GET your flu shot ASAP. This is NOT the year to get influenza AND Covid-19 at the same time. Such an event could be fatal.

FYI: 2019/2020 flu season killed roughly 22,000 Americans. 370,000 Americans were hospitalized (not visited the ER, hospitalized)!

Edited by josh282282