Restricted Content in the Forum

orville
This topic is 1376 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I already knew that there are some types of content that are forbidden in order to protect the integrity of the forum. However, there are some nuances that are completely new to me. So I was encouraged by @Cooper to start this thread to get some clarification from more experienced forum members.

I received this message after using a GIF animation with the image of a human being of early age giving a flying kiss, which is per se no sexual activity at all. And I actually grabbed the GIF from a reputed mainstream site (tenor.com) you would never find any kind of prohibited content there. So I was in shock when I received this message:

orville,

Your message (thread_name) contains content about chi*****en.

Neither will be tolerated here in any form. If you are tempted to post something that crosses this line or that you think may even potentially cross the line, do not do so. Respect for chi****en is one of the cornerstones of human civilization and one we hold dear. This will be your only warning. (20 points for 6 months, possible ban)

Your account's access may be limited based on these actions. You may want to review https://www.companyofmen.org/help/terms/

So, I totally accept the warning and I understand where it comes from but maybe I do not have these 2 concepts mixed in my mind as for me the 1 concept reflects innocence and I would never dare to mix it with the other (the type of prohibited content).

Anyways, I'm not looking to object anything but rather looking to hear from anyone who would be willing to provide some advice. I feel this can also help others to not make the same mistake I made. Feel free to send a PM ☺

Edited by orville

I already knew that there are some types of content that are forbidden in order to protect the integrity of the forum. However, there are some nuances that are completely new to me. So I was encouraged by @Cooper to start this thread to get some clarification from more experienced forum members.

I received this message after using a GIF animation with the image of a human being of early age giving a flying kiss, which is per se no sexual activity at all. And I actually grabbed the GIF from a reputed mainstream site (tenor.com) you would never find any kind of prohibited content there. So I was in shock when I received this message:

orville,

Your message (thread_name) contains content about chi*****en.

Neither will be tolerated here in any form. If you are tempted to post something that crosses this line or that you think may even potentially cross the line, do not do so. Respect for chi****en is one of the cornerstones of human civilization and one we hold dear. This will be your only warning. (20 points for 6 months, possible ban)

Your account's access may be limited based on these actions. You may want to review https://www.companyofmen.org/help/terms/

So, I totally accept the warning and I understand where it comes from but maybe I do not have these 2 concepts mixed in my mind as for me the 1 concept reflects innocence and I would never dare to mix it with the other (the type of prohibited content).

Anyways, I'm not looking to object anything but rather looking to hear from anyone who would be willing to provide some advice. I feel this can also help others to not make the same mistake I made. Feel free to send a PM ☺

Got the same message when I shared a funny, well known meme (gif) that features a child. I think it doesn’t make sense. But their forum... their rules, I guess. I’m just a guest here.

It's excessive caution about what authorities doing blind searches might find. That's why they are censoring even the word. It's not that your post was a problem. The issue is "x" +"y" in the same forum. Given the broad scope of laws governing internet content, the site owner is not taking chances with that particular misinterpretation

Got the same message when I shared a funny, well known meme (gif) that features a child. I think it doesn’t make sense. But their forum... their rules, I guess. I’m just a guest here.

I also think some people who haven't matured enough abuse the 'Report' feature and that creates this kind of truly unnecessary situation that only goes on the detriment of the forum. The rules and technology we have are great, but the tools are only as the people using them.

I’m sure you didn’t intend to cross any line, but I like that clear safeguard in an adult forum of this kind. With so many members it seems reasonable to draw the line firmly and keep it there.

Absolutely agree, but what happens when someone does something that inadvertently "crosses this line", someone reports you without a solid reason and you receive the warning I received, leaving you like ...

tenor.gif

Now I know that I will never use certain kind of images again.

Edited by orville

What is said in the Moderators Forum, Stays in the Moderators Forum.

Your opinions about changes to rule #2 of the Terms and rules are welcome.

width=300pxhttps://ctl.s6img.com/society6/img/1wAxhLbR1FtEOR3g9r1ImBsCB6c/w_1500/prints/~artwork/s6-0075/a/30138968_7161454/~~/read-between-the-lines-f21-prints.jpg[/img]

Edited by Guy Fawkes

What is said in the Moderators Forum, Stays in the Moderators Forum.

Your opinions about changes to rule #2 of the Terms and rules are welcome.

Hi @Guy Fawkes thanks for participating in the open dialogue.

If you read again, nobody has suggested nor requested to change anything.

We do understand the rules are there for a reason and we absolutely respect them.

However, it's useful to better understand the reach of the rules so others don't make the mistake I made.

That's pretty much it. I think it will especially help the new members of the forum to understand the rules in depth.

and if you read my post again... I asked you to "Read between the lines."

Hi @Guy Fawkes thanks for participating in the open dialogue.

If you read again, nobody has suggested nor requested to change anything.

We do understand the rules are there for a reason and we absolutely respect them.

However, it's useful to better understand the reach of the rules so others don't make the mistake I made.

That's pretty much it. I think it will especially help the new members of the forum to understand the rules in depth.

I would never consider discussing or posting pictures, memes, gifs, vids, or any other media depicting people under the age of 18 on this forum or any other venue where adult-oriented topics are discussed.

I also think some people who haven't matured enough abuse the 'Report' feature and that creates this kind of truly unnecessary situation that only goes on the detriment of the forum. The rules and technology we have are great, but the tools are only as the people using them.

I'd argue that some people, such as yourself, haven't matured enough to understand that a forum dedicated to adult-oriented topics does not mix with media depicting minors. Instead of blaming those whom you think reported you, behave like an adult, consider why you received a warning, learn from it, and move on.

I would never consider discussing or posting pictures, memes, gifs, vids, or any other media depicting people under the age of 18 on this forum or any other venue where adult-oriented topics are discussed.

I'd argue that some people, such as yourself, haven't matured enough to understand that a forum dedicated to adult-oriented topics does not mix with media depicting minors. Instead of blaming those whom you think reported you, behave like an adult, consider why you received a warning, learn from it, and move on.

Hi @rvwnsd thanks for participating in the conversation.

You are an experienced member of this forum and you know what you just explained.

Others and relatively new members of the forum (like me) wouldn't know, so thank you for the break-down.

It's an adult behavior to have an open and honest conversation. It's ok if you think I'm not mature. I'm ok with that. ?

The moderators have an unenviable job trying to deal with ambiguous material. I have been here forever, and I thought I understood the rules clearly, yet I got the same warning when, in a thread about personal experiences, I told a story about something sexual that happened to me when I was seventeen. Now when I describe something connected to my wild youth, I simply don't mention my age at the time.

The moderators have an unenviable job trying to deal with ambiguous material. I have been here forever, and I thought I understood the rules clearly, yet I got the same warning when, in a thread about personal experiences, I told a story about something sexual that happened to me when I was seventeen. Now when I describe something connected to my wild youth, I simply don't mention my age at the time.

I have had a few post flagged in the past both by other members (which I appreciate) when I have misjudged the appropriateness of an image (mainly - is that actually erect? and my small brain hopes it isn't and hopes there is more to come) and by moderators who have been very nice about it when contacted. I agree that sometimes difficult to know but some of the discussion above pertains to issues that we know are just not able to be cross posted and have to keep that in mind.