2021 Palm Springs Weekend

Oliver
This topic is 1129 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

To all:

I'm sorry for the bad news but I had to cancel my reservation at the INNDulge. I'm only 39 and I checked and it's highly unlikely that I'll get both vaccinations before the gathering in April (I thought I could try loitering around the clinics and wait for any non-used vaccines that would still be available after all the lines are gone but apparently, other people who aren't in the restricted-groups are already doing that). So to not risk myself or my mother (who's 73 and still needs me to come over to her house once a week to help her), I'll pass.

So I won't be able to make the Palm Springs event this year, but on the bright side, anyone who wants my reservation is free to do so. Just call INNDulge and ask for any openings after my cancelation.

It stinks but there's always next year. And if I recall correctly, there's also a forum gathering in Washington DC, correct? I never have been to the capital, so that would be a good vacation. :)

Hi @m_writer

I understand your predicament. I too am not old enough nor have any health concerns to currently qualify under the current CDC guidelines for vaccination. I still have some hope to get vaccinated in time for the Palm Springs event. Yesterday, it was announced that Houston & Dallas may be designated as vaccine super sites created in coordination with FEMA to support mass vaccinations. The initial plans likely call for two sites with 5K to 6K additional vaccinations per day operating seven days a week for eight weeks. https://abc13.com/texas-vaccinations-houston-super-sites-covid-vaccine-how-many-vaccines-in/10321582/

The Washington DC event is planned around the MAL (Mid-Atlantic Leather Weekend) which is currently scheduled for January 14-17, 2022. For details see: https://www.leatherweekend.com

I’ve not attended the DC event primarily because it’s held in the winter and it can be harsh in DC in January. Yep, I’m a southern guy who enjoys fair weather. Here is a link to the DC Forum Gathering for January 2020. https://m4m-forum.org/threads/dc-forum-gathering-mid-atlantic-leather-weekend-january-19-2020.153974/#post-1825082

Since I last posted here, sadly the chances that I could attend have not improved. I may be lucky enough to be vaccinated some time in April, but the chances of Australia's borders opening by then are about zero. A MAL-aligned event, as we have had in the past and as @jrhoutex suggests, is more likely in January 2022, and it would be good to be able to be there regardless of the weather. I have frozen my arse off there before and could do it again. Minus 10C, ugh!

I booked my room at Canyon Club. Looks like it's mostly refundable (-$15 deposit) so if I need to cancel I still can. I got my first vaccine this afternoon actually and will definitely have the second before then.

Looking forward to meeting some of you all. Now, I just have to figure out which gentleman I'd like to meet for the weekend.

Sounds like a good time! How to the Scorts get involved ?

just show up as one of the entire bunch!.....we're all here to meet others from the forum.....look for the official RSVP from the host, Oliver, here in the forum within the next few days or weeks....and look over the entire thread here for comments and observations......if you want, you can add your RM link as a "signature" in your settings and preferences here

Had my second vaccine shot yesterday out here (PS - actually in Beaumont). First one was in Columbus. I was a bit concerned whether I would be able to get the second in CA, but was not a problem once I figured out where and when on line.

In any case I am now ready to set my sights on the weekend possibilities. Stay tuned!:)

I have a question. There's a strong likelihood I won't be able to get even my first shot before the gathering in April. They won't get to my age group till probably May or June at the rate things are going in Ohio. Is being vaccinated going to be a prerequisite for attending the events? I sure hope not because I am looking forward to attending for the first time.

I have a question. There's a strong likelihood I won't be able to get even my first shot before the gathering in April. They won't get to my age group till probably May or June at the rate things are going in Ohio. Is being vaccinated going to be a prerequisite for attending the events? I sure hope not because I am looking forward to attending for the first time.

That will be up to Oliver to set the parameters for the event(s) he is scheduling. As long as Palm Springs isn't in a complete lockdown prohibiting visitors, I plan to go, even if group gatherings are prohibited. I figure by then I'll be ready for some warmer temps - I can always decompress and enjoy a good book poolside for a few days.

That will be up to Oliver to set the parameters for the event(s) he is scheduling. As long as Palm Springs isn't in a complete lockdown prohibiting visitors, I plan to go, even if group gatherings are prohibited. I figure by then I'll be ready for some warmer temps - I can always decompress and enjoy a good book poolside for a few days.

Yeah, that is kind of my attitude about it too. I should be fully vaccinated by then but to me it's my Spring Break and Palm Springs sounds like the perfect place to unwind in some warm temps. Would love to meet people of course, but if it's not allowed, just spending some time by the pool or going on some nature hikes sounds absolutely lovely too.

I'm planning to go too even if I can't attend the event. Have never traveled over my birthday and always wanted to, so I'm planning to explore Temecula wine country for a few days and then spend the latter half of the vacation in PS. I love warm weather, the pool, and reading, so I'll be perfectly content to chill for several days.

But that's why I had to cancel. I thought about it and I would feel incredibly guilty if it turns out I did get infected and spread it to everyone at the gathering not to mention if I accidentally infected my Mom. I didn't want to take a risk, even if everyone got vaccinated, and I value everyone's health. So I would rather miss the PS gathering another year and just come next year. Even if I just spent time in Palm Springs, it's not something I want to risk considering I don't know when I'll be able to get the shot (it's only available to people in my age group if they have severe health conditions)

You guys have fun and let us know how it went so that I know what to look forward to next year. ;)

just show up as one of the entire bunch!.....we're all here to meet others from the forum.....look for the official RSVP from the host, Oliver, here in the forum within the next few days or weeks....and look over the entire thread here for comments and observations......if you want, you can add your RM link as a "signature" in your settings and preferences here

You mean on my profile here?

I guess I was too subtle. It's possible there may be no gathering next year - I am old! :)

Ah, I see. Then as much as I do hope for next year, I feel many (if not all of the forum) would want you to take care of yourself first and do what's right for you. At least I attended for one year and that was fun enough. But then do me a favor and have a wonderful time this year and make good memories for all of the guests. :)

Hopefully it turns out to be just as effective as the two shot ones we have now. We could really nip this in the butt with a one shot vaccine.

Looking forward to you nipping my butt, @BuffaloKyle!

I think I have till sometime in February to have free cancellation at INNDulge, so hopefully we all get better clarity on how feasible it is to travel to PS by then. Here's to hoping.

It is with deep regret to let you know that I have officially cancelled my 1 bedroom suite reservation (4/8 - 4/13) at INNDulge. I still have no idea where I am on the list for vaccination, and it is very likely that I won't get both shots or even at least the first one, by April. I was sooo looking forward to meeting other forum members, including other providers (I know, @FRyan22, maybe next time), and getting to put some faces (and butts, and other appendages) to the member name in the forum. It is also sounding like the future of these Palm Springs weekend events happening, especially, the @Oliver-hosted one, might be in question. Anyways, I hope everyone has a blast ? while keeping each other safe.

Looking forward to you nipping my butt, @BuffaloKyle!

It is with deep regret to let you know that I have officially cancelled my 1 bedroom suite reservation (4/8 - 4/13) at INNDulge. I still have no idea where I am on the list for vaccination, and it is very likely that I won't get both shots or even at least the first one, by April. I was sooo looking forward to meeting other forum members, including other providers (I know, @FRyan22, maybe next time), and getting to put some faces (and butts, and other appendages) to the member name in the forum. It is also sounding like the future of these Palm Springs weekend events happening, especially, the @Oliver-hosted one, might be in question. Anyways, I hope everyone has a blast ? while keeping each other safe.

Aww, and I was hoping you and i could be "roomies" for the trip ? ;)