2021 Palm Springs Weekend

Oliver
This topic is 1125 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I signed up for a vaccination once the age to get it was lowered and I was given a date. Then a couple of days later they called me back and told me they were cancelling the dates because the government had not assured them they would get the vaccines so they had to take the dates back.

A new group of appointments was opened today. Within an hour, they were filled.

Are you referring to the ruhealth.org site? That's Riverside County's site. The nearest appointment, if you can get it, is in Beaumont, some 30 miles away. The Albertsons store near me had quit taking appointments when I checked.

Edited by Lucky

Are you referring to the ruhealth.org site? That's Riversie County's site. The nearest appointment, if you can get it, is in Beaumont, some 30 miles away. The Albertsons store near me had quit taking appointments when I checked.

I think the new appts that were opened up were in Indio.

I've been in the Othena "waiting room" now for about two weeks. I've come to the conclusion that the term "waiting room" is a placebo; it is meaningless. It seems that everybody, I know who has gotten an appointment just happened to be in the right place at the right time, a pure accident. Thus I figure I'll get it when I get it and I'm not going to worry about it.

California has just announced it is lifting the stay-at-home and 10pm-5am curfew orders. Outdoor dining will be allowed again, hotels can take "non-essential" guests, and barber shops will open again. (Damn! I shaved all my hair off just last week because I was tired of trying to cut my own hair!) Bars that don't serve food, however, must stay closed.

California has just announced it is lifting the stay-at-home and 10pm-5am curfew orders. Outdoor dining will be allowed again, hotels can take "non-essential" guests, and barber shops will open again. (Damn! I shaved all my hair off just last week because I was tired of trying to cut my own hair!) Bars that don't serve food, however, must stay closed.

Good news! I am strongly leaning towards going if I get my vaccine before then. Considering just making it into a road trip and driving from Denver. There is some absolutely beautiful country in between and it's been a while since I've seen it. Plus I have friends in Oakland so I might do a little round trip thing.

So California has just admitted that those restrictions which it just lifted were not necessary. No wonder people are so confused about what to do to prevent the virus. Think of all those businesses which suffered during the apparently unnecessary restrictions.

They have not admitted that. Their explanation for lifting the restrictions is that the surge has flattened and ICU capacity is rising. Whether that is true, and whether they are lifting the restrictions too soon are other issues.

They have not admitted that. Their explanation for lifting the restrictions is that the surge has flattened and ICU capacity is rising. Whether that is true, and whether they are lifting the restrictions too soon are other issues.

In fact....there is evidence - nothing proven yet - that current LA County Covid gentle decline right now coincided with outdoor dining being stopped. Could be coincidental/anecdotal but LA County Health is being queried about it.

Over the weekend, one news group stated Gavin Newsom, CA Governor, received a letter from more than 150 restaurants stating facts disproving the need to close restaurants amid Covid concerns. Once the decision was announced, I did not hear this claim again.

I hope my comment here won't be considered too political. Another factor in the equation is that the attempt to recall Newsom seems to be gathering momentum. All of a sudden his staff has become very concerned.

In California we are upset with Gavin for this bullshit. You don't relax when a curve flattens - you maintain in order to point that sucker down. We are going to just keep riding this goddamn wave if we don't stick with orders for longer. I spend time in LA, and it's sad to see so many million entitled people get frustrated by something that they claim they can't see - they can't see it because they don't live in black and brown neighborhoods, most their friends are under 40, and they don't hang out at hospitals.