Forum upgrade

Reisr30
This topic is 1481 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I brought up the site this morning all I got was 1990's text all unformatted (Safari browser). I had to scroll down and select the M4M view and not default or the new format. It looks like a mobile site now but at least it's usable. Not sure if anyone else experienced that.

When I brought up the site this morning all I got was 1990's text all unformatted (Safari browser). I had to scroll down and select the M4M view and not default or the new format. It looks like a mobile site now but at least it's usable. Not sure if anyone else experienced that.

Same thing here. I didn’t even know about switching to the M4M view. I was able to see that people were posting but couldn’t post myself. I just tried now and it seems to be back, obviously since I can post.

I haven't been able to see the "like" icons either. Out of curiosity, anybody know what the improvements in the "upgrade" were supposed to entail? Was there a problem which needed fixing?

Had problems this morning but I must assume that the new format wasn't up and going when I first tried to log on. Everything is great right now and the new format is nice and clean. I do hope the old names used for members based on their number of post is maintained. Right now I'm a BLANK which might be telling me what Daddy really thinks of me ha! ha!

the online indicator is nicer now....formerly a sometimes-hard-to-see green dot at the upper left of an avatar, the more obvious green thing at lower center of the avatar is better......

it may be "me" (my phone), but the "like" list (of members) for a particular post is showing the "broken picture" icon and the word "like" is broken into two lines......however, it's better on my desktop, though the list of people who "like"d the post starts slightly too close to the word "like" (very minor concern).....

there's a cleaner look to the entire site.....already forgot what it looked like before, but the info at right in the subforum listing of threads (last post, time of post, poster, etc.) seems more comprehensive and easier to use

I'm guessing the newer version presents a heavier load on the server. It takes consistently longer to load a page and to do a simple "like"; I see the horizontally traveling orange squares at the top of the for at least two seconds every time I do a "Like" and it used to be instantaneous most of the time.

When logging into the site, the Alert icon shows the number of alerts as in the prior version. However, after expanding it and visiting one of the posts and then hitting the back button, the number of alerts is no longer displayed. The prior version of the system would continue to display the number of alerts until the session was logged out, and I found that more helpful. It would be even better for me if the alert counter would drop by one after visiting one of the posts show in the alert list.

This topic is 1481 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.