Post a song that makes you HAPPY

Stormy

watch from beginning to end......I always laugh at the staid Lucerne Festival audience's polite-but-reserved reaction to what is probably a perfect performance of this highly upbeat piece.....

I love this group. A little back story most of the folk that are playing came from the ghettos. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orquesta_Sinf%C3%B3nica_Sim%C3%B3n_Bol%C3%ADvar There was a documentary on Amazon called El Sistema. Really well done and let the kids shine.

Hugs,

Greg

Put on your Sunday Clothes

I love that scene in the movie (and yes even though Babs and Walter don't seem to go that well together, I still really like the movie. I have it on iTunes.)

Here's the scene from the Broadway show. Cornelius is very good even if it's not the Tony Award winner for the part Gavin Creel. Also Bernadette seems not to have had her best vocal performance that day. I love the men's suits. They are perfect for a Pride Month display.

And I found this high school production. I am blown away by the Cornelius. The boy has an incredible voice.

Gman

Edited by Gar1eth

Put on your Sunday Clothes

I love that scene in the movie (and yes even though Babs and Walter don't seem to go that well together, I still really like the movie. I have it on iTunes.)

Here's the scene from the Broadway show. Cornelius is very good even if it's not the Tony Award winner for the part Gavin Creel. Also Bernadette seems not to have had her best vocal performance that day. I love the men's suits. They are perfect for a Pride Month display.

And I found this high school production. I am blown away by the Cornelius. The boy has an incredible voice.

Gman

There is a noticeable difference in Dolly's first verse between the movie and the play. In the movie, Barbra's voice goes up in two places in the 1st verse. The last being on "...You feel as fine as you look." Both Bette Midler and Bernadette Peters go down on the word "look." I've more used to Barbra's version as I first saw the movie when I was about 8 or 9, and I've seen it multiple times since then. The more I listen to the musical soundtrack, the more accustomed I get to hearing a lower note on "look." But I still think Barbra's version sounds better. I wonder why they didn't use that in the revival.

Gman

Guest NYCRich212

Why, "Killer Boogie" of course! If this does not pick you up out of a slump nothing will!

That was great! Made me happy.

"Don't Fence Me In" is a popular American song written in 1934, with music by Cole Porter and lyrics by Robert Fletcher and Cole Porter. Members of the Western Writers of America chose it as one of the Top 100 Western songs of all time

Oh, give me land, lots of land under starry skies above

Don't fence me in

Let me ride through the wide open country that I love

Don't fence me in

Let me be by myself in the evenin' breeze

And listen to the murmur of the cottonwood trees

Send me off forever but I ask you please

Don't fence me in

Just turn me loose, let me straddle my old saddle

Underneath the western skies

On my cayuse, let me wander over yonder

Till I see the mountains rise