Post a song that makes you HAPPY

Stormy

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This clip is my happy place.

Coming out to friends and family was not hard. Admitting my love of Eurovision? That was hard. The disappointment, rejection and questions were tough. This song is from the 2016 contest in Stockholm. It was performed by the hosts with help from many others. Despite being a very well written Eurovision-style song, it is a joke, albeit one based in truth. The over-the-top events depicted are things that actually happened in past entry songs. Most of the unbelievable antics are performed by the actual winners or performers who placed high. 

I included links which explains many of the jaw dropping tropes but to get you started, the man performing this is Hans Zelmerlow, a previous winner. (BTW, there is an over sixteen-year age difference between them. Hard to believe. She looks great.) The violin player had the biggest Eurovision win of all time. Lordi was the biggest winner before the violinist, in the same costumes the band wears here. Loreen, whose winning performance included the snow, runs across the stage towards the end wearing the same costume from when she won. The hamster wheel, the baking Russian grandmothers, the churner and the ice skater are all culled from actual previous performances. 

Eurovision Explained: Love, Love, Peace, Peace  

Love Love Peace Peace | Eurovision Song Contest Wiki | Fandom 

Edited by CJK

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...