Derek Atlas in 2020

InterestingGuy
This topic is 1129 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw him in Vegas in June 2020 for an hour - it was great! Then I tried to book him for an overnight that same trip and he was a no show. Never responded to any of my texts...

Good to hear about your first visit. Did he host or travel to you? Odd about the next time with the overnight.

Good to hear about your first visit. Did he host or travel to you? Odd about the next time with the overnight.

Actually it isn’t an odd thing. If you go back through all the Derek Atlas forum topic posts you’ll see him not showing up or ghosting at the last minute is something of a habit of his. To be fair, people who manage to see him say he’s great. However, even those he does see multiple times, a lot of those folks on the forum say he no showed without explanation on them too at some point.

Actually it isn’t an odd thing. If you go back through all the Derek Atlas forum topic posts you’ll see him not showing up or ghosting at the last minute is something of a habit of his. To be fair, people who manage to see him say he’s great. However, even those he does see multiple times, a lot of those folks on the forum say he no showed without explanation on them too at some point.

I know. It's still odd.

I saw him in Vegas in June 2020 for an hour - it was great! Then I tried to book him for an overnight that same trip and he was a no show. Never responded to any of my texts...

Unfortunately he's a well documented no show.

Crazy, he knew you were for real and he missed an overnight appointment with you...

I still want him naked ;)

It's a very good look for him

he has to show up first...

"t-problems" is not why he went to jail.......it has been discussed in the forum before........a shrewd search may turn it all up

Will whatever crime he was convicted of, prevent him from being able to travel from the USA?

Edited by RealAvalon

Will whatever crime he was convicted of, prevent him from being able to get out of the USA?

"Get out of the USA"? I think the more apt question is whether it will limit his entry into Canada. As I recall, perhaps imperfectly, the reason he had to relocate back to New York is to show the Court of Jurisdiction for his case that he had local, reliable connections to people who would give the Court the best assurance that he (as with all other defendants who are placed on probation for some/all of their time under court supervision) a network of supporters who the most reliable bases to predict ongoing support, encouragement, advice, etc. to keep him in compliance. It's not a clear, direct basis to infer the serious of the crime under consideration, nor the risk the court infers (as it does) from the facts and charges stated by the prosecutors in their charging instrument/Complaint. It is mostly so the court can guarantee the defendant will remain under the Court's jurisdiction until it makes an ultimate decision -- hence, keeping him in the State isn't about limiting his impact outside the State, but about maximizing the control held by the Court.

"Get out of the USA"? I think the more apt question is whether it will limit his entry into Canada. As I recall, perhaps imperfectly, the reason he had to relocate back to New York is to show the Court of Jurisdiction for his case that he had local, reliable connections to people who would give the Court the best assurance that he (as with all other defendants who are placed on probation for some/all of their time under court supervision) a network of supporters who the most reliable bases to predict ongoing support, encouragement, advice, etc. to keep him in compliance. It's not a clear, direct basis to infer the serious of the crime under consideration, nor the risk the court infers (as it does) from the facts and charges stated by the prosecutors in their charging instrument/Complaint. It is mostly so the court can guarantee the defendant will remain under the Court's jurisdiction until it makes an ultimate decision -- hence, keeping him in the State isn't about limiting his impact outside the State, but about maximizing the control held by the Court.

Point taken about "get out of" versus, perhaps, "travel from?" The rest, while appreciated, was a bit of nuanced gobble-de-goop (the last part seemed to be about pre-sentencing). Epidemiology, not the law, is more my area.

However, if I was in law school and needed to take a course on Court Jurisdiction and Procedure. And if the course was called Derek Atlas 101 - as a working example of various jurisdictional and procedural issues with the Court. I would probably take that course.

We're u able to book the overnight and he no showed, or did he not respond to your texts about an overnight?

we booked the overnight at the end of our first meeting. It was supposed to be just 2-3 days after our first meeting. And then he didn’t show or respond to my texts. I was bummed - since we had such a fun time the first time!