Should I put on Hold massage ?especially the busy masseurs NYC are higher risk of spreading corona virus?

Dicknharry1
This topic is 1443 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I have one positive test. i was just tested a few days ago and I have a negative test. I am getting tested one more time via orders from the health department. Once that comes back negative then I am released from quarantine.

i am just happy that I won’t be reinfected since my body will have the antibodies.

What was it like to take the test? I.e. nasal swab. How bad was it?

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If this is like every other virus that we know of in the Covid family. Once you are infected and beat it your body has the antibodies that will stop you from getting it again this year.

Scientist are now using patients antibodies as a method of creating a vaccine.

I tested positive for Covid-19 last week. I am doing very well; I have asthma and heart disease so I am taking this very serious. Overall I feel great and can’t wait for my 3rd test to show negative of Covid-19. Once that happens I can be out of quarantine.

Stay healthy guys and seeya soon

How were you able to get tested? I know folks who've been trying to do it since February.

Stay well! Thank you for sharing! I hope "self vaccination" (developing your own antibodies) works on you and you can also contribute to defeat his menace!

Biggest problem is massage table. You think these guys will clean after every massage? No, Not at all. Germs will be there all over. May be u r clean, Does not mean everyone is clean.

Biggest problem is massage table. You think these guys will clean after every massage? No, Not at all. Germs will be there all over. May be u r clean, Does not mean everyone is clean.

i clean my table with alcohol and use clean sheets and towels for each massage. That’s gross that people would reuse the same sheets and towels.

I guess that’s why my water bill is $90 a month

How were you able to get tested? I know folks who've been trying to do it since February.

Stay well! Thank you for sharing! I hope "self vaccination" (developing your own antibodies) works on you and you can also contribute to defeat his menace!

I went to Whitman walker on 14th st in Logan Circle. I was in south beach for Winter Party. My entire group became infected at one of the events.

I was dating a guy who lived in Toronto who tested positive for Covid; Since we had a relationship the DC Department of Health tested me.

Just out of curiosity, where are you and how did you get a test?

And once youre in the clear, will you start getting massage again? p

Once so get the clear from the Department of Health I will take clients again. I told them I am a CMT and I have a lot of clients in the older age group. For the safety of my clients and myself we deemed it best to receive two negative test.

I only had symptoms for 3 days. I have been feeling amazing since the 12th.

Once so get the clear from the Department of Health I will take clients again. I told them I am a CMT and I have a lot of clients in the older age group. For the safety of my clients and myself we deemed it best to receive two negative test.

I only had symptoms for 3 days. I have been feeling amazing since the 12th.

As of now, we still know very little about how our immune system responds to SARS-CoV-2. There are a lot of unknown variables to make a determination as to whether those who have been infected develop lasting immunity. This non-reinfection with SARS-CoV-2 has only been proven among rhesus monkeys and published in a small and non-peer reviewed study.

Be safe and stay well!

How you will identify who sees a lot of clients or who not?

Clients or masseurs are in the same risk. However, masseurs will survive they are young.

there are some masseurs who mentioned here are always booked and people say they have trouble getting sessions so obviously they are busy especially the erotic ones

As of now, we still know very little about how our immune system responds to SARS-CoV-2. There are a lot of unknown variables to make a determination as to whether those who have been infected develop lasting immunity. This non-reinfection with SARS-CoV-2 has only been proven among rhesus monkeys and published in a small and non-peer reviewed study.

Be safe and stay well!

I am following what the CDC and DC health department officials have told me about SARS-coV-2.

Guest fm0322
I am following what the CDC and DC health department officials have told me about SARS-coV-2.

Such a smart post @Daniel84.

On another thread, a member states his experience, claiming to have had the virus (COVID-19), survived and has spread it to others so they will acquire immunity too. Happily, I don't visit this forum for epidemiological insights and disease prevention tips. In any disease with a new novel virus, everyone exposed to the virus will not acquire it, everyone who acquires the virus will not become ill, everyone who becomes ill will not have severe disease, and everyone with severe disease will not die. But some will - about 4%

Given that testing is not widely available unless you're sick, and that there are no proven therapies, social distancing is the best measure to protect ourselves and others. I am not happy about it and the president is spreading false information, but the CDC and local health department websites are scientifically grounded, as much as they can be. Download the Hopkins dashboard for an accurate profile of COVID-19 throughout the world. Keep safe and healthy and do things to help others stay healthy too.

I’ve stopped seeing clients totally. I’m based in London. The city has been in almost total lockdown for the last few days. Surprisingly I’ve had a few enquires but I have told them that for the time being I’m not working and it’s for their health and mine. The more effective we can make the isolation effort the more lives are saved and the less strain on our NHS. I’ll survive the loss of income, I made provision for a business interruption (it’s only sensible in this line of business) but I understand not everyone is in such a position.

I’ve stopped seeing clients totally. I’m based in London. The city has been in almost total lockdown for the last few days. Surprisingly I’ve had a few enquires but I have told them that for the time being I’m not working and it’s for their health and mine. The more effective we can make the isolation effort the more lives are saved and the less strain on our NHS. I’ll survive the loss of income, I made provision for a business interruption (it’s only sensible in this line of business) but I understand not everyone is in such a position.

Sadly I blew through my savings moving from LA to DC and opening my portrait studio. I was very busy maintaining my massage business and building my portrait studio business.

Anyone need new headshots or portraits wink wink

I am virus free so if I get a massage at my home and wear a face mask, would that be ok and not risk catching it (protect my guy too)

?‍♂️While I am strongly against quickly or overly shaming...here are some facts.

Unless you have not been out in public at all, not even to the grocery store, bank, etc, for 2-3 weeks, you could very well have the virus. Are the odds of that being the case and spreading it less than if you were displaying infectious type symptoms? Probably.

Your masseur would also have to have been not out on public for 2-3 weeks, not even the grocery store or anywhere, to help ensure they would be most likely virus free. Your risks are your risks, however.

Just be aware of your constant potential to get sick, and or spread the virus to others. Certain conditions can lessen those odds, but unless you make your home a sanitized bubble and stay isolated inside, those odds will never be zero.

I went to Whitman walker on 14th st in Logan Circle. I was in south beach for Winter Party. My entire group became infected at one of the events.

Sadly, one of the people who attended Winter Party has passed away in Miami. Of course, there is no guarantee that he caught it at the festival. He was also an Uber driver.

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/coronavirus/article241573866.html

Per the CDC website:

"Q: Can people who recover from COVID-19 be infected again?

A: The immune response to COVID-19 is not yet understood. Patients with MERS-CoV infection are unlikely to be re-infected shortly after they recover, but it is not yet known whether similar immune protection will be observed for patients with COVID-19."

Healthcare Professionals: Frequently Asked Questions and Answers

New Yorkers wake up! Hold your lust and yearnings until this virus is over! Do you wanna risk it all - the NY stats is a no-brainer! Massage lovers pls refrain chasing the masseurs and masseurs refrain entertaining - this disease is killing us! Now enough of this conversation and to hell with all those who disagree with me!