Quotes from literature (or other sources)

loremipsum
This topic is 777 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

“America has only three cities: New York, San Francisco, and New Orleans. Everywhere else is Cleveland.” -Tennessee Williams.

Tenn would say that. He didn’t exactly fit into cities like Boston or Philadelphia. But he knew a place where guys like himself could hang out and have a good time.

I have no idea whether this is an accurate quote, but it's so good it has to be posted somewhere here. I saw it some random place on twitter. I offer no opinion on which side of the ledger I'm on.

Half the world is composed of people who have something to say and can't, and the other half who have nothing to say and keep on saying it. ~ Robert Frost

• 2 weeks later...

My mom cracked up at this one.

She was watching HOLLYWOOD SQUARES and before the round started, the announcer told what the prize was for the 'secret square' and it included furniture from Levitz, and ended with their tag-line "You'll love it at Levitz."

The first contestant picked Wally Cox, who wasn't the 'secret square', and after Peter Marshall asked the question, Cox said "I have a question... if you don't love it at Levitz, can you leave it?"

I'm sure the sponsor was thrilled.

Cox was the voice of Underdog. Although often cast as meek, he was actually quite athletic, as well as a military veteran. He married three times. Cox was also featured in the first episode of the television series Mission: Impossible.

56qw3kEDE4ygBBqsdzP6zd0CkT_WavsmfCt9jYJPpOudP_kGZ7bwZ9KLz2SNQRJb2VbUN_QFkSGwLthwLSIr1pXTzbPyGU6qwabDeNcOL_MFMs5liuBygymWFLTK0v-1CaYhqLcjLjSFRFOsnRe0

Wally_Cox_1962.JPG