Netflix: The Politician, starring Ben Platt

Cooper
This topic is 1411 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There’s a whole 5 minute+ video here of her best lines/scenes:

Thanks. The woman who plays her daughter is talented and beautiful also. She has a terrific singing voice. She uses it in a musical that she and Payton stage, i.e., one of Stephen Sondheim's lesser musicals, Assassins - horrible in my estimation.

Edited by TruthBTold

Sorry to hog the topic but having watched a few of the episodes I have also come to the conclusion that of course there is a profusion of typically beautiful guys but there is a guy that for some reason I am somewhat reluctant to admit I find tremendously attractive: Ricardo (Benjamin Barrett), Infinity's boyfriend. I find him to be a less built version of Adam Driver. However he still has a great body. I find that I would love to get fucked by him (and I am generally a top) and while I am not sure how big his cock is I am certainly willing to suck it. I am glad I got it off my chest.

Sorry to hog the topic but having watched a few of the episodes I have also come to the conclusion that of course there is a profusion of typically beautiful guys but there is a guy that for some reason I am somewhat reluctant to admit I find tremendously attractive: Ricardo (Benjamin Barrett), Infinity's boyfriend. I find him to be a less built version of Adam Driver. However he still has a great body. I find that I would love to get fucked by him (and I am generally a top) and while I am not sure how big his cock is I am certainly willing to suck it. I am glad I got it off my chest.

I enjoy that character. Good stuff, although I didn't imagine getting fucked by him. I'll try harder. :)who-plays-ricardo-in-the-politician---benjamin-barrett-1569338047-view-0.jpg

Really love the theme song.

• 5 months later...

Sounded more like you wanted to get it ON your chest, just saying

The Politician is a new 8 episode show on Netflix. It stars Ben Platt as Payton Hobart a wealthy HS student running for class president. His goal is to attend Harvard and become President of the US. His mom is played by Gwyneth Paltrow who has a famous tennis star as her lover.

Ryan Murphy has put together another HS show & includes some familiar faces in the cast like Jessica Lange & Bob Balaban.

Ben Platt made a name for himself in Dear Evan Hansen where he took home a Tony for Best Actor. Ben also has a hit album out & sings a few of his songs in The Politician.

I’m a big fan of Ben Platt and have been enjoying the show.

https://www.npr.org/2019/09/27/764591532/the-politician-digs-for-the-drama-in-high-school-politics

Season 2 begins this Friday (according to my Netflix lineup). I guess it jumps ahead 3 years.

Watched S2 epi 1.

I LOVE Bette Midler. For me she makes all the difference.

Finished Season 2. The 7 episodes went fast. I agree that the addition of Bette Midler made a big difference but I also enjoyed the roles played by Judith Light & her secretary.

If there is a Season 3, the show might be moving from NY to DC.

Does anyone want to play “rock, scissors, paper”?

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. I like The Politician for the most part. It's entertaining as well as informative.

I liked Hollywood too.

@Lucky. I agree, The Politician was good entertainment and covers several current political issues. One of the many things I liked about this production is the diversity of the cast. The cast included many LGBTQIA members. That’s something that needs to be celebrated.

• 2 weeks later...

I think Murphy’s approach to this is very much his usual - strong style, good dialogue, and some great work from significant (if miscast) actors as well as fresh...faces. But the overall arc of the story is what I lose track of. It seems as though the larger point of the story gets divided and tidied into the social victories he’s romanticising. I do always love how he always gets Jessica Lange to walk a tightrope over the River Schmacting and never fall in.

I think that young Mr Platt has a certain appeal, but I will probably never buy him as a character who is NOT rich and precocious. (Titular casting in this one therefore perfect.)

According to Men's Health, there will be a third season of the Politician but it's the final season and is a few years away.

One thing that didn't make sense is how can he be Dede's running mate? They are obviously from different parties if they ran against each other.

I find that only a very few series can make it beyond 3 seasons and keep up the same smartness and verve.