BBC videos teaching kids that there are over 100 gender identities

Walker1
This topic is 1710 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

BBC educational video for kids in school teaching that there are more than 100 gender identities. But they seem to say what body parts you are born with is the "sex" you are born with and what you "feel" is gender identity and there are over 100 , what happens if we misgender?

I am thinking these kinds of things is what is leading to the slow push back against our side. Not saying we should change due to public opinion-else being gay would still be a criminal offense. But do we want to teach kids there are more than 100+ genders and you can pick and choose?

I myself am a man who is very feminine and have been mocked both by straight and gays. But I consider myself a man-even though far more comfortable with women. Transgenders may consider themselves women-which is fine and vice versa for transmen. But 100 genders and is this scientific peer reviews-should it be taught at school to kids as fact?

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/9886252/bbc-schools-children-100-genders/

Edited by Walker1

The BBC has come in for a lot of ridicule and controversy in the UK over this video.

Yep. I have kids. i can't imagine them going to school and them saying-hey there are 100 genders and when you grow up you get to pick which gender -one per day?

The feminine and masculine is one thing and the trans - but 100? I am quite feminine myself and am more in touch feel, emotions and intuition-traditionally considered feminine qualities-though now everything is mixed :D

School is to learn about life. These kind of things should only be introduced after being peer reviewed and widely accepted in the scientific community.

• 2 weeks later...

I’ll take my spanking now... but I’m going to say it..

There are two genders, male and female.

Either you have a dick, or a vagina.

It’s not complicated.

If you want to dress up and believe you are a woman (or vice versa), you have every right to. That doesn’t mean that other people have to accept it. Especially if you’re not passable (yes I said that too).

Imagine me, with my five o’clock shadow, broad shoulders in a dress and wig telling you that you must now accept that I now see myself as a woman.. and you must too.... (this is the crap I see on a regular basis)

This is getting ridiculous

Oh and as of

Midnight, I am of the feline species and have now identified myself as a cat.

What is an intersex person?

Oliver, I assume you are not asking what an intersex person is per se, but what are they if as asserted by others there are only two sexes/genders. The answer is of course clear, they are 'neither of the above' as they are physically and/or by their chromosomes neither male nor female, but the 'binary choice' proponents don't allow for that.

BBC educational video for kids in school teaching that there are more than 100 gender identities. But they seem to say what body parts you are born with is the "sex" you are born with and what you "feel" is gender identity and there are over 100 , what happens if we misgender?

I am thinking these kinds of things is what is leading to the slow push back against our side. Not saying we should change due to public opinion-else being gay would still be a criminal offense. But do we want to teach kids there are more than 100+ genders and you can pick and choose?

I myself am a man who is very feminine and have been mocked both by straight and gays. But I consider myself a man-even though far more comfortable with women. Transgenders may consider themselves women-which is fine and vice versa for transmen. But 100 genders and is this scientific peer reviews-should it be taught at school to kids as fact?

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/9886252/bbc-schools-children-100-genders/

Exactly. We should pick our battles!

It is very wrong. We should teach them that genders are countless and that they can identify as whatever they want to.

We should also be more pragmatic and fight for every day things like job discrimination and transgenders being killed daily before other issues.

It’s not complicated.

It's not complicated. Sex and gender are two separate things. Gender is a decision we make to label ourselves and sex is what doctor's use to label us. Until recently, our parents and society decided our genders for us based upon what was between our legs. Although we still use genitalia to identify sex at birth, science has come to understand that "male" and "female" excludes the comprehension of other variations. There is no longer a hard line between the male and female sex. XX and XY are only the two most common chromosome combinations.

You can believe that what is between your legs makes you a man or a woman. But it's simply not true. Logically, in the future we will move away from gender completely. Until then, the "male" sex seems determined understand our species only in the terms they are comfortable with. Personally, I'm not confident that our species can crawl from beneath the rock that our "male" members have created for us. But maybe that's just the feminist in me talking ;-)

Oliver, I assume you are not asking what an intersex person is per se, but what are they if as asserted by others there are only two sexes/genders. The answer is of course clear, they are 'neither of the above' as they are physically and/or by their chromosomes neither male nor female, but the 'binary choice' proponents don't allow for that.

Hey at least he didn't ask you what a BBC is. For the microscopic percentage out there who don't know, it's dual meaning is British Broadcasting Corporation or big black cock. I prefer the latter over the former every day of the week!

It’s not complicated.

If you want to dress up and believe you are a woman (or vice versa), you have every right to. That doesn’t mean that other people have to accept it. Especially if you’re not passable (yes I said that too).

Imagine me, with my five o’clock shadow, broad shoulders in a dress and wig telling you that you must now accept that I now see myself as a woman.. and you must too.... (this is the crap I see on a regular basis)

This is getting ridiculous

Oh and as of

Midnight, I am of the feline species and have now identified myself as a cat.

I so agree transgenderism is delusion at the highest form. Your not a woman because you say so anymore than Rachael Dozeal is a black woman because she felt like it. If a transgender is dropped off in the forest you will come back and fine a bearded thick stubbled baritone. Alot of transwomen see feminity in a glamarous caricatured kimd of way that real women dont experience. They have their right to life and not to be discriminated against but ppl have eyes to see and things arent what they are because thats how you feel.

It's not complicated. Sex and gender are two separate things. Gender is a decision we make to label ourselves and sex is what doctor's use to label us. Until recently, our parents and society decided our genders for us based upon what was between our legs. Although we still use genitalia to identify sex at birth, science has come to understand that "male" and "female" excludes the comprehension of other variations. There is no longer a hard line between the male and female sex. XX and XY are only the two most common chromosome combinations.

You can believe that what is between your legs makes you a man or a woman. But it's simply not true. Logically, in the future we will move away from gender completely. Until then, the "male" sex seems determined understand our species only in the terms they are comfortable with. Personally, I'm not confident that our species can crawl from beneath the rock that our "male" members have created for us. But maybe that's just the feminist in me talking ;-)

It’s the millennial feminist in you that’s talking. lol

???????

Here's how the World Health Organization defines gender, "Gender refers to the socially constructed characteristics of women and men, such as norms, roles, and relationships of and between groups of women and men. It varies from society to society and can be changed."

A couple people posting to this thread seem to be proud of their ignorance regarding gender identity. What's that all about?