Are There Any Good Gay Cruises Out There

rocky
This topic is 1701 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is. Just avoid the public areas of the spa and the gym as much as possible.

The crew pretty much gives up on trying to keep those areas “clean”.

@nycman That kind of makes it difficult; one of the reasons I don't gain much weight when I'm on a cruise is that I go to the gym in the morning and work out before pigging out in the restaurants.

Not being able to go to the gym would sort of put a damper on trying to not gain weight. Since I'm a foodie, I like to eat. ;)

But thank you for the advice.

@nycman That kind of makes it difficult; one of the reasons I don't gain much weight when I'm on a cruise is that I go to the gym in the morning and work out before pigging out in the restaurants.

Not being able to go to the gym would sort of put a damper on trying to not gain weight. Since I'm a foodie, I like to eat. ;)

But thank you for the advice.

I learned to go to the gym on cruises during the “off” hours. Most of the day it’s packed.

On an Atlantis cruise....”off hours” was usually during some “big” event. The other good

time to go is early in the AM. Since the majority of the built guys party the night away,

very few are up at the crack of dawn working out. I managed to get my workouts in

without having to climb over 20 Chelsea boys....but it does take planning

I would NEVER do ANY gay group tour/vacation/cruise etc ALONE.... Would need to go with at least 1 friend, so you don't end up that "lonely girl sitting by yourself in the corner at the dance waiting to be picked by the handsome lothario". No Mary, that aint for me.

I had the same concern about traveling solo until I went on a gay river cruise. Although roughly 75% of the passengers were with a partner, I never once felt like the odd man out. To me, it felt a bit like going away to college for the first time... you're suddenly among a new group of people (albeit a bit older than college age) and everyone is a stranger, eager to get to know each other. Of course it helped that it was a more mature crowd that no longer selects friends based on who is the prettiest and has the best body. You only need to be yourself, open and friendly.

Edited by SundayZip

I had the same concern about traveling solo until I went on a gay river cruise. Although roughly 75% of the passengers were with a partner, I never once felt like the odd man out. To me, it felt a bit like going away to college for the first time... you're suddenly among a new group of people (albeit a bit older than college age) and everyone is a stranger, eager to get to know each other. Of course it helped that it was a more mature crowd that no longer selects friends based on who is the prettiest and has the best body. You only need to be yourself, open and friendly.

Congrats on having a great experience, but I have also heard horror stories of single travel, both by air and sea.... I am not sure your age, but I am 68, and I feel if others are paired and you are single, you're the oddball.... But there's no guarantee either that you will travel well with a partner or buddy, but at least in a pinch there is someone there you know to sit and gossip with.

The river cruises are an entirely different ballgame, as they attract a more educated, affluent traveler.

Those I'd do in a heartbeat. R Family Vacations does some really great LGBT trips using Uniworld ships.

I just booked their Venice trip for Oct 2020.

The river cruises are an entirely different ballgame, as they attract a more educated, affluent traveler.

Those I'd do in a heartbeat. R Family Vacations does some really great LGBT trips using Uniworld ships.

I just booked their Venice trip for Oct 2020.

Hey Benjamin, I'm interested in why you selected R Family Vacations. I've spent some time investigating various LGBT friendly river cruises and had not come across them. But now I'm intrigued. I love that their cruises are for a more diverse demographic (I sometimes get tired of all male venues). I'm not sure I want to tour with lots of children, though. That said, the Uniworld Venice cruise looks nice. Why did you happen to select R Family Vacation? Unless, of course, you have a sponsor that selected this cruise.... then it's none of my business.

Hey Benjamin, I'm interested in why you selected R Family Vacations. I've spent some time investigating various LGBT friendly river cruises and had not come across them. But now I'm intrigued. I love that their cruises are for a more diverse demographic (I sometimes get tired of all male venues). I'm not sure I want to tour with lots of children, though. That said, the Uniworld Venice cruise looks nice. Why did you happen to select R Family Vacation? Unless, of course, you have a sponsor that selected this cruise.... then it's none of my business.

The client I travel with on R Family has connections to them, going back to the days when Rosie-O was involved. Her ex-partner Kelli is a awesome human being who's a lot of fun to travel with (she runs all of it now). This will be my sixth time with them.

No worries on the kiddos: There are R Family and R Family Adult trips- The ships are almost always adult. It's a mixed crowd (male/female, gay/straight) and they have always used some of the best small-medium sized ships out there.

I'd highly recommend their trips. They're intelligent, positive and supportive environments.

Guest MikeThomas

I have done a number of Queen Mary 2 New York to Southampton Transatlantic Crossings and have had a blast. Met some great guys. They have an LGBT cocktail party every evening. Very different from an Atlantis or RSVP cruise.

I understand the appeal sex-wise, but does being on a ship with the same people for days on end get dull? I know they visit various ports, but I’d dread having to board the ship after that. I’ve enjoyed three hour mini-cruises both here and abroad though.

Don't underestimate the appeal of the places you are visiting. They can be as alluring as the company on board. I did a 14 day cruise from Argentina to Antarctica and the ship's company, the excursions ashore and the camaraderie among the passengers kept the interest level high the whole time. (There were 57 passengers, Aus/NZ tour crew and catering staff and Russian ship's crew.) I also did 7 days in the Galapagos that was less cohesive as a passenger group (14) but still busy and engaging throughout.