2019 DC Forum Members Gathering during MAL

ArVaGuy
This topic is 1938 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I would like to thank everyone who attended the Sunday MAL Forum brunch, and other gatherings, this past weekend. We had an incredibly fun time with clients and providers enjoying good food, making connections, and drinking lots of alcohol. Please read @latbear4blk synopsis of the weekend in the post above. He’s described the weekend so much more eloquently than I could ever write myself.

Special thanks to each of the providers who were able to attend @nate_sf , @Ace , @hunterlee , @WilliamErickson and @VictorPowers. This event, along with Palm Springs, allows our community to get together and build relationships that strengthen bonds and create lasting friendships. Now more than ever, we all need to gather in safe, nonjudgmental, and respectful evironments where we can just be ourselves and speak openly about this unique hobby and profession.

I will be hosting again same time next year. As soon as dates are available for MAL 2020 I will let everyone know.

Thanks

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was a pleasure to meet some new and familiar faces. My travel schedule didn’t allow me to attend everything, but a quick stop over at the Hyatt was pleasant. As always, it was a pleasure to see you @ArVaGuy and I thank you for coordinating the madness. Everyone please travel safe and stay WARM out there! @Ace Stay Sexy

I would like to thank everyone who attended the Sunday MAL Forum brunch, and other gatherings, this past weekend. We had an incredibly fun time with clients and providers enjoying good food, making connections, and drinking lots of alcohol. Please read @latbear4blk synopsis of the weekend in the post above. He’s described the weekend so much more eloquently than I could ever write myself.

Special thanks to each of the providers who were able to attend @nate_sf , @Ace , @hunterlee , @WilliamErickson and @VictorPowers. This event, along with Palm Springs, allows our community to get together and build relationships that strengthen bonds and create lasting friendships. Now more than ever, we all need to gather in safe, nonjudgmental, and respectful evironments where we can just be ourselves and speak openly about this unique hobby and profession.

I will be hosting again same time next year. As soon as dates are available for MAL 2020 I will let everyone know.

Thanks

First MAL 2020 is the weekend of January 17th - 19th. I already booked an 800 sq. ft. suite at the Hyatt. Second while I have tried to make it to the DC meetup brunch in the past and while I was there last year I have decided to start pulling out of this community for a number of reasons. I will come onto these message boards from time to time but no longer plan to "work" as a provider. Not only over the past year have I become involved with the leather community but I have also become involved in the pup community too and am pledging a local pups and handlers group. These groups create close tight knit communities which is very important for me. If you see me on here feel free to say hello otherwise I am out.

First MAL 2020 is the weekend of January 17th - 19th. I already booked an 800 sq. ft. suite at the Hyatt. Second while I have tried to make it to the DC meetup brunch in the past and while I was there last year I have decided to start pulling out of this community for a number of reasons. I will come onto these message boards from time to time but no longer plan to "work" as a provider. Not only over the past year have I become involved with the leather community but I have also become involved in the pup community too and am pledging a local pups and handlers group. These groups create close tight knit communities which is very important for me. If you see me on here feel free to say hello otherwise I am out.

thanks for the update! It sounds like an intriguing and exciting new direction for you. I just love the number of communities “our” community offers.

Enjoy your time with your new pack. Feel free to sniff around here once and again.

Enjoy your time with your new pack. Feel free to sniff around here once and again.

Thanks. And if you are looking for a room for MAL for next year you better book soon, the hotel is already more than halfway sold out. http://www.leatherweekend.com. As they did this year it will be very hard to get into the hotel in the evenings unless you have a run pass for MAL (starting around $150-$175) or are staying at the Hyatt.

Thanks. And if you are looking for a room for MAL for next year you better book soon, the hotel is already more than halfway sold out. http://www.leatherweekend.com. As they did this year it will be very hard to get into the hotel in the evenings unless you have a run pass for MAL (starting around $150-$175) or are staying at the Hyatt.

Thanks for the tip. Unfortunately for me, I am not sure I will be attending. There is just so much January weather in DC one can tolerate.