2019 DC Forum Members Gathering during MAL

ArVaGuy
This topic is 1938 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DC is not a rreal sports town, so it doesn't really matter what the cap says. This isn't Pittsburgh or Chicago.

Glad ArVaGuy is organizing. I may have a conflict with teh brunch but wll try to attend it or one of the other events.

Great. Hope you’re able to make it. Thanks

DC is not a rreal sports town, so it doesn't really matter what the cap says. This isn't Pittsburgh or Chicago.

Glad ArVaGuy is organizing. I may have a conflict with teh brunch but wll try to attend it or one of the other events.

Great. Hope you’re able to make it. Thanks

Noooooo!!!! Am I going to be the only Latino? We need to put some color in the event or it is going to look like a GOP convention.

LOL Lat did you forget I'm one of the light skinneded bitches? If I could swing going to DC I would in a heart beat. But gotta save up some time cause I want to go to Guatemala and Honduras in the spring. No I dont have a death wish lol.

Hugs,

Greg

• 2 weeks later...
Just confirmed my reservations at Rouge and my train gets in at 4:15 Does that give me enough time to get from Union Station to Rouge to check in and then to the host hotel to have a few drinks with the fellows? Remember I am old and tend to get lost. LOL

My flight gets in at about the same time, so you're in good company. We're thinking the happy hour will start around 6:00 thereabouts. I recall from last year it extended into the early evening, so no hurry... we'll be there !

Please mark your calendars for the next Forum DC Gathering, January 20, 2019.

As with past DC gatherings, the event will span the MLK weekend, and coincide with Mid Atlantic Leather (MAL). Here is the link to the MAL reservations page: https://www.leatherweekend.com/

The dates for MAL are January 18 - 20, 2019. The DC Forum group brunch will be held on Sunday, January 20. The venue is secured and details regarding timing and location will be sent via email on January 11.

There will be a range of get-togethers, culminating in the traditional brunch on Sunday. This event is open to Forum Members including clients and providers.

I would have posted this much earlier but due to a personal matter related to a very sick close friend, I’ve been preoccupied and distracted of late. This event WILL happen, and you can start making arrangements with confidence.

For those of you who may not be interested in MAL or the leather scene, not to worry! Traditionally the DC gathering has coincided with MAL because it's a long weekend and many of us are in town, but the forum gathering is otherwise independent of the leather activities and is welcoming to all forum members. You may choose to sample some of the MAL activities, or go "whole-hog", or alternatively forgo them completely. That's up to you.

If you're interested in attending, please send a direct message to me @ArVaGuy. As the date approaches, we'll get in touch with each member who has expressed interest.

And if you have general questions or suggestions for the gathering, please do so in this thread.

I’m excited to be continuing this fun tradition and hope you'll join.

Thanks.

oh I am not missing it

Gents

I will be sending confirmation details this evening via email.

Pardon the delay, a personal matter and work hav had me preoccupied.

The brunch is still a go for Sunday at same venue as last year. It has been confirmed for weeks.

I will be replying to private messages later today.

Thanks

I’ve sent the confirmation email to everyone who indicated an interest in attending via this thread or private message. If I missed someone it was an oversight and I apologize. Let me know if you didn’t receive the email. I may have an invalid e-mail address.

I need to know preliminary numbers by Thursday so please respond to the email on your plans to attend the Sunday brunch.

Looking forward to seeing everyone.

Thanks