Toilet Paper - Over Or Under?

Avalon
This topic is 1749 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why don't we all compromise on this one - it really seems the only win-win solution. The first and third weeks of the month we could all have our TP go over and on the second and fourth weeks of the same month we could have our TP go under. On the unfortunate months with five weeks, perhaps we could all just arrange to use the facilities at someone else's house so we wouldn't have to decide. Maybe we could even develop a little ceremony around changing the direction at the end of each week. Many of us feel the need for a little more ritual/ceremony in our lives. This would offer a new possibility.

Why don't we all compromise on this one - it really seems the only win-win solution. The first and third weeks of the month we could all have our TP go over and on the second and fourth weeks of the same month we could have our TP go under. On the unfortunate months with five weeks, perhaps we could all just arrange to use the facilities at someone else's house so we wouldn't have to decide. Maybe we could even develop a little ceremony around changing the direction at the end of each week. Many of us feel the need for a little more ritual/ceremony in our lives. This would offer a new possibility.

:):p

Depends on if you have a Cat or not...

giphy.gif

I had two cats for 18 yars and thankfully neither ever pulled that stunt.

I became an over person when at my last house a roll that was depleted JUST RIGHT would become a pepetual motion machine and unroll itself to the floor. The first time I blamed it on the cats. Then I woke up to “click clack” from the bathroom and both cats were in bed with me. Then one day it started while I was sitting there.

Just some weird physics going on but switching to over stopped it.

I had two cats for 18 yars and thankfully neither ever pulled that stunt.

I became an over person when at my last house a roll that was depleted JUST RIGHT would become a pepetual motion machine and unroll itself to the floor. The first time I blamed it on the cats. Then I woke up to “click clack” from the bathroom and both cats were in bed with me. Then one day it started while I was sitting there.

Just some weird physics going on but switching to over stopped it.

Ghosts! :)

• 2 months later...
Toilet Paper - Over Or Under?

I believe this weighty issue has been the subject of previous threads. Much like tipping service providers. Always good to see how ideas evolve.

Don't care which way it goes, as long as the tp is there when I need it.

A particularly meticulous former co-worker informed me that toilet paper should come over the top of the roll enabling the user to see the perforations.

I am an under person. ;)

Under! Always Under.

Depends on if you have a Cat or not...

giphy.gif

Over.

Dating myself - I remember way back in the day the old newspaper advice columnists, Ann Landers and/or her sister Dear Abby stated that this particular topic generated more mail by far than any other subject in their entire careers. For the record, OVER is the correct response.

The squares are easier to tear off one-handed when it comes under...

My cleaning lady says over so that she can make the end into a fancy "V" by curling the ends under. Good authority.

Over

1691866.gif

• 5 months later...
Neither, I use generic flushable wipes. It is a much better clean than using toilet paper. They come out of a package kind of like a tissue box, only its more of a bag than a box.

A large portion of flushable wipes aren't really safe to flush. It's all marketing. They do not effectively breakdown and they cause massive problems downstream. I've read that some of the newest wipes might actually breakdown well, but they are a tiny part of the market. We have Toto 700H toilets in our house and use almost no toilet paper. Sometimes someone wants to use a wipe, we use the only certified & tested flushable wipes for them. And we have a small lidded trash can in the toilet WC for feminine hygiene products.

• 1 month later...

1) over. The obvious images aside... consider this. Skin has natural oils. Rub your clean dry fingers over the same section of wall 1-2 times per day. Eventually you'll see grease-like marks on the wall. The configuration that minimizes likelihood of skin contacting wall is best. Same for paper towels on wall mounts.

2) as noted in previous post, despite being marked flushable, wipes dont really break-down. The local sanitary districts in many regions discourage use of wipes, even engaging in anti-wipe public info campaigns.

wipes-article-2.jpg

Not if you’re sitting down. I travel often to Kuala Lumpur. I stay in a new building and its bathrooms come equipped with these devices. You’d be surprised by how quickly they become useful.

Granted, but just didn't seem like there would be enough room under there to maneuver efficiently, but I trust your experiences.