Ignoring someone

José Soplanucas
This topic is 2063 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Thanks all! Support is much appreciated. If it happens again I'll try to remember to report it.

I am asking you to do it now.

You are not the first one complaining about being harassed by PM. It puzzles me that anyone would do anything like that, and I feel relieved that never happened to me.

You should report him to the admins now, and you should share who he is in the open, now.

Yk10.gif

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been criticized here in the forums so I thought it was just normal routine to be criticized via PM.

To be honest I can't remember the person's full handle only part of it.

Only weak people (aka bullies) take a tact like that.

Hold on there. First you said you were persistently insulted. Now you say criticized.

I am about to start insulting you.

tenor.gif?itemid=4486174

Sorry for the confusion. Criticism fine. Disagreements fine. That's just par for the course. I know that I'm out of the mainstream here.

But I don't like when it's taken to the personal level with insults and name calling. That's what I got in the PMs.

That is correct.

Funny enough, I was not aware this page existed, I just visited it and I didn't see any threads that were started by accounts I ignore, so I'm inclined to speculate they won't show up there either. like it is a specialized subforum.

However, I do notice that when I'm looking at the Forum list view (the main page that shows all the subforums) if someone you are not ignoring posts in a thread that was started by an account that you are ignoring, that update will show up in the "New Posts" sidebar, so it is possible to stumble into a thread you would otherwise not see.

I am amazed that someone as active here as you are was unaware of the "New Posts" option. That is what I click on as soon as I have checked my "alerts." I find it simplifies the whole process as I drop in and out of the site.

I am amazed that someone as active here as you are was unaware of the "New Posts" option. That is what I click on as soon as I have checked my "alerts." I find it simplifies the whole process as I drop in and out of the site.

Yep. I go to the subfolders mostly when I want to open a new thread. When I am just reading and responding, I stay in the New Posts screen.

Yep. I go to the subfolders mostly when I want to open a new thread. When I am just reading and responding, I stay in the New Posts screen.

Just add it to the long list of things I've learned from @latbear4blk :):cool::D

I dont need to block anyone, it is easy to ignore them. But I would love to be able to unclutter my screen erasing threads. Is this possible?

Ignoring does not ignore comprehensively, or universally.

You will NOT see threads they started when you're within a forum.

You will NOT see their comments/additions within a thread.

You WILL, however, see notification of activity within threads they started on the home page/preview. Additions to hypothetical "ignoredGUY's" posts will be announced if it's the "Latest" for any Forum on the home page, and additions to ignoredGUY's posts will be listed/linked if its the latest addition to any of the new posts promoted on the homepage.

It can be a little confusing/misleading. You can click the link on the home page and go directly into one of the Latest threads, even if it was started by ignoredGUY. But if you enter the specific forum, the very same thread started by ignoredGUY won't appear in the forum's list of threads.

Sadly I had to block someone from PM for the continual insults that I was getting.

That happened to me a couple of times. I had to report them to the Mgt. and they were time-out after they kept sending me messages.

How do you do that? Not ignoring, but just blocking someone from sending you PM?

I ignored my troll for a few days but I decided it wasn't the right approach. Now I quote him when he gets mad before he has time to apologize.

I've heard I'm currently ignored by one poster. Fine with me, he talked about my: "extreme liberal ideas" and he has several semiautomatic guns at his place getting ready for the next LA riot :rolleyes: to defend his life and property.

Edited by marylander1940

I recall that one (now deceased) board member was the recipient of so much hate mail that he managed to insulated himself totally from anyone and anything he did not approve of.... not just on the forum, but also in his life (but that's another story...)

Maybe if you enroll in Trump/Clown University you can learn the finer points of erecting walls around oneself.

I recall that one (now deceased) board member was the recipient of so much hate mail that he managed to insulated himself totally from anyone and anything he did not approve of.... not just on the forum, but also in his life (but that's another story...)

Maybe if you enroll in Trump/Clown University you can learn the finer points of erecting walls around oneself.

@BOZO T CLOWN was nothing but a, I hope he comes back!

http://vinylgif.com/gifs/201412/cartoon-record-player-wavey-vinyl.gif

Not to go off topic, and not to bring up a "dead" issue, but, as a public service, the only way @BOZO T CLOWN could re-appear would be if he were to find a supply of blood and brain to eat.

Beware of zombie Nazi Klowns!

OK, final word on that - pity that the master of the "ignore" is gone, down, and dead!

Only weak people (aka bullies) take a tact like that.

These bullies are often self aggrandizing types that always need to get the last word in.

Their tactic is to send you a string of nasty PMs, then declare they are ignoring you as one final jab (and self aggrandizing move).

Unfortunately, there isn't a big valley between criticism and harrassment, only a thin line.

And I just found another beautiful feature no one told me about. When an ignored poster posts something in someone else's thread, I do have a little notice and an option to see the ignored content.

That is great, as I do not really mind about their silly posts but about the way they clutter the forum with threads I am not interested in. My concern was getting confused by missing posts in a thread flow, but it is very simple to fix the problem without changing the ignored status of the posters. Beautiful.

Edited by latbear4blk

And I just found another beautiful feature no one told me about. When an ignored poster posts something in someone else's thread, I do have a little notice and an option to see the ignored content.

That is great, as I do not really mind about their silly posts but about the way they clutter the forum with threads I am not interested in. My concern was getting confused by missing posts in a thread flow, but it is very simple to fix the problem without changing the ignored status of the posters. Beautiful.

I discovered that future when I was ignoring my troll, it was tempting to read what he was writing.

Funny how can someone be ignored while not ignoring him completely and prejudging his posts as silly.

I discovered that future when I was ignoring my troll, it was tempting to read what he was writing.

Funny how can someone be ignored while not ignoring him completely and prejudging his posts as silly.

What I like most about the IGNORE feature is that I can "opt in" to read the posts by the right wing idiots when I feel like it... but they do not appear unless I make that choice to see what they are up to.

Just as I successfully avoid them in my "real" life, it is easy to avoid them here, as well.

What I like most about the IGNORE feature is that I can "opt in" to read the posts by the right wing idiots when I feel like it... but they do not appear unless I make that choice to see what they are up to.

Just as I successfully avoid them in my "real" life, it is easy to avoid them here, as well.

and if someone quotes them you see the reply but not what he/she wrote.

Good point, yet they do exist out there and on here.

Btw I'm currently not ignoring anybody yet after receiving silly messages and insults by PM a few times I wish there was a way to block someone from contacting you. They were reported and time-out by the mgt. after they insisted.

Edited by marylander1940

and if someone quotes them you see the reply but not what he/she wrote.

Good point, yet they do exist out there and on here.

Btw I'm currently not ignoring anybody yet after receiving silly messages and insults by PM a few times I wish there was a way to block someone from contacting you. They were reported and time-out by the mgt. after they insisted.

it's interesting...

even during the height of the lunatic @BOZO T CLOWN "fake teacher" conspiracy craze, no one has ever (yet) attacked me via PM -- am i doing something wrong here?